Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    That aside, how do we even use the new slots?
    For melee weapons they become part of the combo?
    And for ranged/tech weapons we do what? Cause that's 2 new button we need and on gamepad that sounds very very iffy.
    As far as I can tell, the combo system is going away and everything will work like current ranged/tech weapons but with one extra slot on both rows. That means only one extra button on the gamepad, and you can see what the defaults are on the preview image.

Edit: square, triangle, r1 for attacks and l2 for switching using a PlayStation layout.

orz
    somehow that sounds totally dumb as fuck. Yeah sure efficiency blabla. But I like my combos and having to press a switch button between them is stupid.

And it's not like melee actually needs more pa slots, that's sitauational as hell.
    We just need more weapon palettes, mainly for classes like Fi and Hu with several melee weapons per class.
    Whoever makes those decisions at Sega is a genius. To fail to grasp what people want and implement something sort of similar but totally fucking wrong and unwanted swith such amazing consistency taks a truly special kind of genius.
    Last edited by Achelousaurus; Mar 24, 2016 at 11:29 AM.

Honestly what bothered me with the combo system was using techs with jet boots. I tried the force equippable crimson crystal jet boots to see if they could replace my Bert Rodan, but realized I'd have to dedicate an entire weapon slot for each tech which kinda sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    As far as I can tell, the combo system is going away and everything will work like current ranged/tech weapons but with one extra slot on both rows. That means only one extra button on the gamepad, and you can see what the defaults are on the preview image.

Edit: square, triangle, r1 for attacks and l2 for switching using a PlayStation layout.
    what about mouse + kb? not everyone can afford a gaming mouse, and normal ones have 2 plus maybe a roller in middle.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobSpectre View Post
    what about mouse + kb? not everyone can afford a gaming mouse, and normal ones have 2 plus maybe a roller in middle.
    No idea. I also play M+KB, but I assume switching will be a keyboard key close to wasd or shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    No idea. I also play M+KB, but I assume switching will be a keyboard key close to wasd or shift.
    I would assume that with the new system, switching PA/Tech-palette would be Shift like it is now for the palette-swap weapons. No reason to change the key for that, since Shift would do nothing otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobSpectre View Post
    not everyone can afford a gaming mouse, and normal ones have 2 plus maybe a roller in middle.
    You wouldn't need a fancy gaming mouse, since pretty much all dirt cheap mice these days have a clickable scroll wheel for the third button needed for the new system.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Mar 24, 2016 at 02:06 PM.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

But all weapons have a weapon action function. Rifle and launcher can have access to 2 additional PAs when the button is pressed no?

Quote Originally Posted by Poyonche View Post
    Speaking of this I wonder if they will ever release à L/Gunslash Shift Parry or abandon rings just like they did with PA crafting.
    Oh, what I wouldn't give for a Gunslash parry action. It would instantly go back to being my favorite weapon. Even if I did need a ring for it.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

I would be more than happy if i could place PA's on subpalette just like techs.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    orz
    somehow that sounds totally dumb as fuck. Yeah sure efficiency blabla. But I like my combos and having to press a switch button between them is stupid.

And it's not like melee actually needs more pa slots, that's sitauational as hell.
    We just need more weapon palettes, mainly for classes like Fi and Hu with several melee weapons per class.
    Whoever makes those decisions at Sega is a genius. To fail to grasp what people want and implement something sort of similar but totally fucking wrong and unwanted swith such amazing consistency taks a truly special kind of genius.
    What are you even on about? There isn't a single reason in the world why having three attacks in an arbitrary string would be better than being able to choose any of the four attacks you might want to perform at the moment without having to deal with palette switch timeout.