Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    Well of you want to put it like that, Halo 5's devs claim that game still uses code from the first game as a basis, which also started pre millenial and looks loads better than pso2. Pretty sure that COD is similarly related to Quake's engine to this day. Point is, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

You get Theseus's paradox in any case and so it doesn't technically matter how it started.
    I guess I wonder more about development and commitment.

Right now I have been playing Black Desert Online. I jumped on that ship because the creator/director of BDO made RYL, R2R, and C9. Risk Your Life (RYL) was my fav. game at one point. The director wanted a complete seamless non-loadtime world.

According to the early interview with the director, they started in 2010 with 50 people. The majority being graphic/asset creators and around 10 programmers. They were able to make their own independent game engine from scratch in two years. They had enough people to actually work on the game that would launch with the engine as well at the same time.

In short, the Black Desert Engine is one of the few engines to be made this decade, and this was made by a startup company of people who were all veteran programmers and designers.

SEGA as a company is so large that they have their own independent sound studio along with the ability to develop, distribute, and market their own software. It makes me wonder why they don't have the commitment to make a good game engine, but they have the commitment to make a bunch of costumes every two weeks and not enough commitment to actually make maps.

Black Desert Online has Skyrim Level World Size and Depth, its B2P in NA/EU and F2P in Kr/JP. The last expansion added to the game increased the world size by roughly 30% which is amazing.

I am hoping this patch really turns out to be good for PSO2. 4K DSR on Tier 6 graphics will be nice.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

A torrent for this would be handy.

since twerker gets 1013'd out of the water when it's running with the game gotta use the official launcher to download precede, if someone is having problems with the official launcher giving you error 433 after it updates, do fix permissions from twerker after "i have updated launcher gotta restart" and only click OK after fixing permissions, restore backups of pre-english patches if you use any with twerker and only then use the official launcher as it will download everything that is in english
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

oh wow here we go again, the black desert fanboi and his bitching

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    since twerker gets 1013'd out of the water when it's running with the game gotta use the official launcher to download precede, if someone is having problems with the official launcher giving you error 433 after it updates, do fix permissions from twerker after "i have updated launcher gotta restart" and only click OK after fixing permissions, restore backups of pre-english patches if you use any with twerker and only then use the official launcher as it will download everything that is in english
    I've heard if you rename tweaker's exe it should work fine like the last time since Gameguard is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    I've heard if you rename tweaker's exe it should work fine like the last time since Gameguard is dumb.
    i thought so too but got 1013'd nonetheless
    P S O W

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

The pre-patch should be live now right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinamori View Post
    The pre-patch should be live now right?
    Yup, I'm downloading it now.

It's getting helluva slower bit by bit in 2 hours

「insert cool char name and lvl here」
    Ship 7
    Lazy in everything .-.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Walker View Post
    It's getting helluva slower bit by bit in 2 hours
    considering it's so huge and people are coming house in japan now it's to be expected tbh
    P S O W