Page 50 of 125 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360100 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 Mod Thread

What about characters and anything with bones and vertex weights?

Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Ryudo View Post
    What about characters and anything with bones and vertex weights?
    The sample for the aqp2obj program is actually the default underwear from ep1, with some alterations. I don't know how importing entirely new models for anything with weights would go since we're just bringing in stuff through .obj format, but at the very least you can definitely edit it and add/remove polys.

If you DO mess with that, I'd love to know how it turns out. c566b14bac9935ee2801acb2d8aa73c0 is the one I mentioned and plopping the sample aqp (should be like 133 kb or so iirc) in should work for an easy example if you repack it. It works on female newmans, but dunno what other races that file applies to. In any case, you can probably swap that with outfits like Sexy Bikini etc. if you want. But yeah, it'd be interesting to know how weights go with major changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post
    I come with something front page worthy! ... Maybe.

オフショルダーニット[Ou]
    Thanks for this. :3

Spoiler!

Noticed that the lighting changing when zooming in/out is not from putting skyboxes where they don't belong. It happens in 100% legit gameplay on stage 6. Sega, fix ur crep.
    And also I don't think we can do ground/sky combinations until someone figures out and makes a guide on how to edit .wtr files. Or maybe we can and I'm a dumb. I'm just taking a bonesaw to everything.
    What is that first skybox. I need it in muh bodeh

Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    What is that first skybox. I need it in muh bodeh
    I second this! I want etttt

When will we be seeing releases of all of those custom skyboxes because my GOD is it beautiful
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    When will we be seeing releases of all of those custom skyboxes because my GOD is it beautiful
    If you mean the ones that are simply swaps, you can totally just copy, paste, and rename based on the list we have already:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1122610951

But if you mean the actual edits, probably when he feels confident in one he's made enough. A lot of the edits are pretty baseline for now since we're still poking about kind of seeing what does what to be honest.

-snip-
    Looks good! And yeah, there's a lot of work to figuring that stuff out. Although you have found some cool things just by what you've done already. I'll be writing out more of what I can add as info some time in the next few weeks, but I'm creeping up on finals and I'd like to write something thorough.

Added this to the front.

Hitsugi Sweater Ou Gradient and Polka Dot Removal

Also, if anyone can figure out how to swap weapon sound effects (you can use the weapon mod I did as a base since it'll actually repack), I'd love to know how that works. It's one of the main reasons I haven't gone and ported over old fan favorite like the Dark Flow or Rutsularod yet.
    Last edited by Shadowth117; May 5, 2016 at 05:26 PM.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    Also, if anyone can figure out how to swap weapon sound effects (you can use the weapon mod I did as a base since it'll actually repack), I'd love to know how that works. It's one of the main reasons I haven't gone and ported over old fan favorite like the Dark Flow or Rutsularod yet.
    I wouldn't mind just having the weapon model swapped.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

I still dont get how to swap sky boxes, mind explaining how to do it in details?

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    I still dont get how to swap sky boxes, mind explaining how to do it in details?
    Assuming you've got the checksum file in already (if you use eng patch, don't worry about this), look here for a list of filenames: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1122610951

Pick two skybox filenames. You may want to backup the one you plan to replace. Copy the one you want to use to another folder, rename it to the one you want it to replace, and copy it back to your pso2 folder while making sure to overwrite.

That's the jist of it. You shouldn't crash doing this and you can do it while the game is on. May have to reload an area to see a change though.