Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Article: Direct from the PR dept at SOA

mistkerl writes, "In a PSO-World exclusive, Redvento directly contacted the PR department of Sega Of America in an effort to clear up all the release date confusion. While they were unwilling to give an actual release date, they did CONFIRM that the release has been pushed back indefinitely. Here is a transcript of the response:
    As per your request, here is our recent statement regarding PSO V.2: The previously posted U.S. ship date of July 10 for "Phantasy Star Online Ver.2" on Sega.com is incorrect. Sega of America is committed to the "Phantasy Star Online" series and making its games accessible and affordable for U.S. gamers. Further details on "Phantasy Star Online Ver.2" have not yet been announced.
    "

Default Re: Direct from the PR dept at SOA

What this prolly means is that PSO v.2 is done, ready to be shipped.. What is the hold up you might ask? I would be willing to bet it has something to do with the Pay to Play fiasco. Sega got a lot of backlash about it, and probably are trying to decide what to charge, if to charge.. and THAT is what the holdup probably is.

Yeah, why would they delay the game though? If it's ready to go, just set themselves a deadline to get the price set by the time the game is ready. Or a week before if they're feeling nice.
    This seems like some sort of software change. I'd venture a guess that the 'accessible' part is in reference to built in broadband config, etc, or some GS related issue.

your probably right. they know hardly anyone is going to pay to play online. i already cancelled my ver2 order, i could care less if they bring it out, but, i will say this, if they bring it out and you DONT have to pay to play I WILL go out and get it

i have been playing pso since the first week of its release when version 2 was just a myth. and it has been molded into solid reality. but sega is really beggining to mess with our heads. i think they shouldnt tell us when a game is going to be released until the day be4 . this would save me alot of aggrivation. sega is like the goverment. u ask them a question and u get bullsh*t. sega is only hurting themselves for what there are doing to us. "bad sega sit in the corner"

my guess goes with either sega is still trying to stop cheaters or the pay-to-play. since some of us are not lucky enough to posess a credit card they are either deciding on a price or trying to find alternate payment methods. * kasera prays for alternate payment methods*

I agree. Hopefully, they come to their senses and abandon the pay-to-play idea. Otherwise, like previously stated by another user, they're deciding on other methods of payment other than credit card charging.

Ya, sometimes sega is poo

Rappy Hunter

Default NO! Even more time to wait!!

Good old Sega, some thing never change. I just hope the reason for the delay is some sort of major improvement. Though it probably is just some glitch they discovered. Anyway I hope it comes out soon the dreamcast market is drying up!

maybe paypal?....