Default Article: Introducing the PSU Texter!

On June 26, SEGA will be releasing the Phantasy Star Universe Special Edition Texter. (PS2 ver. will retail for $34.95US while the Xbox 360 ver. will go for $39.95US.) This device introduces a new way of typing in-game to get rid of the necessity of the on-screen keyboard. (Of course, if you already have a USB keyboard, then there's no need.) Check out the link above for a short video of how this device works. Basically, it seems you use the analogue sticks on your controller (wired Xbox 360 or PS2 controllers only) to select a bracket of letters displayed by a sticker that you put on the game pad, and then you use the other stick to select one of the letters in the specified bracket.
    For those who order, the Texter will come in a special hard metal case with Phantasy Star Universe stickers and a poster. Also to be included is a special code which will get you a PSU shirt for free!
    Special thanks to AzureBlaze for pointing this out at the forums.

Default Re: Introducing the PSU Texter!

This is the biggest peice of junk I've ever seen. Why pay so much money when you can buy a usb keyboard for around 10-15 bucks? Also, what's up with this video? It's so horrible. What happened to good ol SONIC, TAILS, KNUCKLES, and AMY? Did they quit psu ? XD

Whats up with the people in the video? At the end>

"WUD UP"

"life"

"HELL YEH"

WTF? That in itself will make people think "wtf is this a game of n00bs?"

Oh man, this video is stooping to a new low.

Yeah....but I REALLY want that T-shirt

Gunner Extrordinare of The Crimson Brotherhood

I'd rather stick to my keyboard. I bet its a lot easier typing on the keyboard rather than fiddling with your joysticks, especially if you're good with a keyboard.

Yeah I prefer my keyboard. For the t-shirt and poster I'm tempted to buy it *LOL* Now if they made GameCube key board controller, I would be all over that!

- Kitty-t

Waste of money... I'd rather take that mini USB keyboard attachment coming out instead of this. Too much work to type.

Wow, what a load of crap. Milk from a dead cow tastes just like you think it would.

That is by far the weirdest device I've ever seen someone make in replacement of a keyboard. I'll give SEGA credit just for THINKING of something so wacky, let alone doing it...I just wont give them my MONEY.

They should spend more time/money trying to fix their network code, and less time daydreaming up funky peripherals though...