Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2734353637383940 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ohpz View Post
    so I just ended up destroying all the neros/pyroxenes/caligulas as all they were doing for me was wasting space.
    It hurt to read this.

Rappy Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Sonichi View Post
    It hurt to read this.
    Lol, my friend told me to youtube it, but I didn't really care enough to bother. It was something like 370 caligula, 280 neros, probably about 11 of each heart stone, a bunch of AQ pyroxenes, UQ stones, all of it... (I only kept Ares Stones) As a free player austere units aren't even on my radar... so no big loss. If only you could sell these materials...
    Last edited by ohpz; Nov 2, 2016 at 08:48 AM.

I see Gix (and by extension most 13* NT from collection files) as more of a new / returning players way of catching up to the power level of veteran players. As someone who came back to the game a few months back, I collected enough materials to make one Austere item but decided to wait to see what Amdu would bring. Considering I hadn't played in over 2 years up to that point, I don't exactly have the meseta to bother with old type weapons so I just ended up destroying all the neros/pyroxenes/caligulas as all they were doing for me was wasting space.

At this point in the game, if you don't already have Austere fully built up, I don't see a point in wasting the time and resources it takes to make them. Not saying they aren't good weapons... OT grinding / element grinding those is cancer (compared to NT) and not worth it when you can get something that probably averages out to about the same in the end for way less effort and meseta.

Plus, the way the potentials are designed makes you want to improve your game so you can get the high end of the damage bonus most of the time. That gives us something to work towards even though the game sometimes throws a lot of cheap shots at you at once. Depending on the reliability of the jump dodge ring, the rod may even end up worth using.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the NT grinding system and collection files, I wouldn't have bothered coming back. (Ah the memories of all those Elder runs and never once seeing an 11*+ item.)

Now for those of you with both weapons, or who are on the fence about Gix, I'd say stick with Austere if you have it. Go with the consistent choice, not the one that limits you to using one weapon type without being able to use your PP battery or switch to a different weapon type for different situations. /shrug
    I love groups in general and I was lucky that I managed to by accident lead a militia in pso-2.

It happened because a lot of us were tired of the wait times for running Ultimate Amdu between runs. Several parties were formed and we went to a different block. One thing lead to another and I found myself leading a militia for tactical training. It was the first time in PSO-2 that I taught players the difference between a "Step" and a "Mark." The initial runs were 7 - 8 minutes as assessment runs. Then after working with what we had, we decided to chance actually trusting each other. Once we laid out a simple enough plan to build upon, we were doing runs in times ranging from a little under five minutes, to around six minutes. It was nice being able to get five runs in per booster.

Its something I would love to do again in the future...

Militia (MMORPG Definition)
    Spoiler!

I like the changes in the game so far.
    Its bringing players back, though my friend at the beginning of the year quit for good..
    and that hurt me a lot ;(
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Lol, my friend told me to youtube it, but I didn't really care enough to bother. It was something like 370 caligula, 280 neros, probably about 11 of each heart stone, a bunch of AQ pyroxenes, UQ stones, all of it... (I only kept Ares Stones) As a free player austere units aren't even on my radar... so no big loss. If only you could sell these materials...
    im sorta loss for words, how is being a free player stopping you from getting these units or weapons? i can understand throwing away AQ stones but keeping only Ares (lol why) is just confusing. You essentially had an austere weapon right there, unit wise, wait till the raid next month

Gix is pretty meh the only useful ones honestly are the ones that require no hit and even then, it takes 25 seconds to reach Austere damage and beyond etc these weapons are good to tie you over and get people geared but definitely not something to main. Austere is still the preferable choice atm
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Nov 2, 2016 at 09:40 AM.

Keep in mind we're about to have a new MPA boss in December, and it would be pretty weird to make the weapon drops from it actively weaker then the MPA boss drops from a year ago.

I have discovered something interesting, but call it a rumor at this point, as I've not fully confirmed this to be real or not. I've tried my hand playing my FO/TE in these runs now, and I'm noticing something. Anybody notice how Deadleon's parts start to swell with energy? I think this may be due to lightning techs striking it. I noticed this same phenomenon during runs earlier last week, before the parts actually break. I think it may be weakening the part itself. I was intent to keep striking it with lightning techs with this current run I did, and it actually broke. I think I'll be doing more runs with my FO/TE now to make sure this isn't high hopes getting to me.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Does anyone know if waiting in the teleport room accumulates damage as well?

yes it weak to lightning sega just troll you with that effect

I fully grinded and max attributed an Austere weapon in 3-4 months as a Free player, just did every Falz EQ with a RDR, and did a few stages of XQ a week until I finished stage 70 for each. What does being a free player have to do with anything? Austere Units are still pretty good too, I feel like you just shot yourself in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    by the time gix tdaggers start to reach austeres power austere will have done a good chunk more already to a boss.. with that said i really hope you're only using tdaggers for bossing
    As much as I love using TDs, I don't use them unless there's something worth using them on when playing on a MPA, no worries.
    Last edited by Zysets; Nov 2, 2016 at 10:51 AM.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post
    Yes, you can shock both Gruezoras and Deadlion. Shocking their parts allow you to deal double damage on them just like poisoning did with Quartz and Dragon Ex. Those special effects on them is what happens when they get shocked.

You can shock Gruezoras wings, arms, and face for double damage.
    You can shock both Deadlion arms for double damage, but its face cannot be shocked.
    Shocking doesn't work against Boxer so the only thing to do is to break its back crystal to stun it. Zonde Type 0 does a great job of breaking its back with relative ease.

If you care to break their parts, then either play as a lightning Force or add shock to your weapons.