Alright, I have question about special ability affixing.

Once you've unlocked a special ability by +35-ing an NT weapon, will the transfer rate of that specific special ability, let's say Modulator, remain forever 100% no matter what, even if you decide to transfer it from weapon to weapon to weapon ad infinitum in the future?

The thing is, I want to do some pre-affixng on my +35 L&K38Combat, however, I'm afraid that once I put Modulator on it, it will become a "normal" Modulator affix that is subject to the "normal" Modulator affixing transfer rate, meaning that, if I want to do further affixing on my weapon (to get to the final affix), I need to get my hands on 2 more Modulator fodder just to keep it. If this is indeed the case, then I'll just prep everything beforehand, and put everything on my weapon in one go.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post
    Alright, I have question about special ability affixing.

Once you've unlocked a special ability by +35-ing an NT weapon, will the transfer rate of that specific special ability, let's say Modulator, remain forever 100% no matter what, even if you decide to transfer it from weapon to weapon to weapon ad infinitum in the future?

The thing is, I want to do some pre-affixng on my +35 L&K38Combat, however, I'm afraid that once I put Modulator on it, it will become a "normal" Modulator affix that is subject to the "normal" Modulator affixing transfer rate, meaning that, if I want to do further affixing on my weapon (to get to the final affix), I need to get my hands on 2 more Modulator fodder just to keep it. If this is indeed the case, then I'll just prep everything beforehand, and put everything on my weapon in one go.
    Once an affix is on a weapon it becomes your average affix, no special treatment. Meaning yes, you will need 2 more copies of modulator in that example

^Aright, man, thanks for your response, and it's a good thing I asked.

I'll affix everything in one go.

Edit:

Actually, I just tested how Special Ability Factors work (after reading swiki) by buying a cheap random maxed-out NT weapon with its Special Ability Factor unlocked, and doing some experimental affixing.

When using it as a Base Weapon (affixing), its Special Ability Factor will always intrinsically remain forevermore with a transfer rate of 100% (unless one is up-slotting). However, if one uses it as a fodder for another weapon, then that Special Ability Factor becomes a "normal" affix with a "normal" transfer rate, in other words, the affix loses its "Special" status.

Alright, now I understand.
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; Mar 6, 2017 at 11:53 PM.

when I convert ray units to union units, do I lose the affix and grind levels?

Sig by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by suzaku0zero0 View Post
    when I convert ray units to union units, do I lose the affix and grind levels?
    No. 5char
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by Arada View Post
    No. 5char
    so the grind level and affix remain on the union? how about ring effect?
    Last edited by suzaku0zero0; Mar 7, 2017 at 07:00 AM.

Sig by Gama

You get the exact same unit but with a new name and updated stats.

Affix, grind, ring all stay the same.
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Any rough estimate on when we will be able to download newest patch from the official launcher?

Can you update the game (via tweaker) during maintenance? And is it advisable to do so? Since the update is 1.7gb I want to finish it asap during maintenance instead of updating the game once the server goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by HardBoiledPapa View Post
    Can you update the game (via tweaker) during maintenance? And is it advisable to do so? Since the update is 1.7gb I want to finish it asap during maintenance instead of updating the game once the server goes up.
    Yes, you can. Game patches are always pushed out before the server comes back online, so you can connect as soon as they do. I don't know when the Tweaker has the update available, but the official launcher usually has it about 3 hours before the end of maintenance.