Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Up yours, Ring

Hmm... I dont think I used dark deck that time we played against your red slime deck. (I rarely use dark decks).I used my RAmarl.

I think: its legal to win with this deck as long as he didnt used any cheats or whatever. Everybody could have used this deck.
    And now this tourney showed ST that its unfair and must be changed. Without this guy, they even would not think about it.
    And: mothmant deck is not that unfair. Get some companions to counter in your deck. should be no problem.

Calm down please. Its still just a game.

Maybe the deck is only cheap because you do not know how to counter it.

Yea I would say as long as Sega doesnt change it or ban it or something its not cheap or illegal or anything so either find a way to beat it or just lose.

Maybe the deck is cheap because they lost to it.

The real problem is that the game was created in the idea of player vs player. there is no world to explore against the computer. Truthfully, Thats what episode III is. It took an idea, gave it a storyline that nobody but japanese players understand right now and has absolutley no application online (for the moment, we'll see where ST goes with this). If you want a game where people don't get into such arguments and the whole gloating of "OOH I'm better loosers!" "That is unfairly overpowered" Play episode 1 & 2. (True, "dupe plz" exists but that's not the point.)

It'd be interesting if ST decides to redo the final round if those cards are retooled.

To create a deck that can defeat a slime deck, means you will probably not be able to kill anything else. It would take some a.beast guard cards, which are not very useful, when most people play hunter decks. And with a combination of techs and physical attacks on slimes, defence cards would need to be tailored to these. Most people are physical hunter decks that I have seen.

On 2004-01-19 12:23, derBauer wrote:
    Maybe the deck is cheap because they lost to it.
    Get off my case, and play the game before you make snap judgements.

As somebody else has said, you cannot incorporate red slime defense into every deck. There are only 30 cards to a deck, and my staple is about 8 defense, depending on deck (latest one has hardly any, but it's all down to a deck plan I made). Considering pouilly in EVERY deck ruins a lot of clever strategies - you just don't have enough cards to pull them off. And there are only 3 maximum of one type of card allowed per deck - so work it out, your idea doesn't work.
    Say you had a good deck plan, but you needed to equip a certain weapon for it to work. Now, decks like this are discard decks. You have to throw your hand each time, 5 cards pop up, and you pray you get your weapon. Now, if somebody brings out pouilly, you have to now THROW that weapon to get the one of three pouilly killing cards on the deck. That's stupid shit right there.

There are certain combos in the game that kill things outright. To me, these are a staple to any deck, because if a cheap card is brought out I can counter it. None of my clever combos kill pouilly, because pouilly's stats preclude this.

I'll give you two examples:

AP/HP swap + Heavy Blow

Heavy Blow reduces AP by 3, and AP/HP swap in place with this, swaps the AP to HP, so if it's now zero, the card is destroyed. This works on 80% of cards in the game. It does not work on Pouilly, because Pouilly's AP is 4, not 3. And even if it did work, a new Pouilly is free to place - the opponent is simply going to bring out another.

Minor Death + HP Halver

HP Halver knocks HP down to half, Minor Death kills outright anything with HP less than 3. It doesn't work on Pouilly, because Pouilly has 9 HP (this SERIOUSLY neededs to be reduced, NO card costing 4 is as powerful as Pouilly! Even 4 coster S cards!)

Major death would work. But last I checked, no FO weaps for example have this ability, so this means you can't play as a FO now? Don't be thick.

Let me tell you something, you got me all wrong. ALL my decks are cheap as holy hell. I play dirty, and I play to win. I play with cheap combos. But ALL my work can be countered by an equally good player.
    Pouilly cannot. I found this out early on, and I stopped using pouilly, because Pouilly is BORING. Who wants to win every time?

I know how to counter red slime, thanks. In case you didn't notice, I invented the deck.

All counter strategies, even if you incorporate them, rely on luck so you draw them. Counter strategies also, compromise your deck if the other player does not use that notorious deck you want to counter. Please do not get cocky with me, there's a reason why I'm a high ranking player, I play this game a lot, do you? Malkavian says that Pouilly is common. It's not, Malk needs to find the top league and play with them. Little kids use Pouilly. I find though that if I enter a tournament, weak players don't join. My level's just too high, and now, I'm just a bit well known. POuilly is something that low level players do to gain levels fast with guaranteed wins. It's a noob tactic. If you want an example of how Malk's reasoning is skewed by his own perpective as a lower level player (not that low, 30 something IIRC), yesterday he was seeing Pouilly all day. I played all day, saw not ONE pouilly deck. In fact as a high level player I probably see it only once a week, if that. That's why I didn't expect to see it in the final, what self respecting high ranker uses such a cheap deck?

- Shimarisu

Skilled Fighter

Its the same with all PVP online games, there is always people that will do anything to beat you. Ive been playing competitive online games for....well lets just say, a long time. From Quake, to Unreal Tournament, to Enemy Territory, and recently Star Wars Galaxies, FF online, the list goes on. EVERY game has these sort of people, they will use any means they can to beat you either by using exploits or codes. My current game, Star Wars Galaxies is no different, it has server side saving, but people are willing to put their account at risk of banning just to get ahead, ....sad but true. Needless to say, 60 people got banned just after christmas for exploiting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2004-01-19 16:27 ]</font>

Its always sad when the mightly Samurai get beaten by some idiot farmer with a rifle but thats how its always bean.

No matter how much pratice and skills u have, a far superior weopon will always win. I totally agree that any cheap desks should be removed.

Id rather play for the sake of paying and to have fun not to win. although some people play this game just to piss people off, you have to realize that there are always people like that. And I don't really see the point in trying to win a big tournament except for bragging rights. So I would just say screw tournaments and play for fun with people you know. Thats what the game is all about.