Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

my file got corrupted two weeks ago. at the last save prior, everything was fine. and then when i loaded the card, it refused to read and wanted to format. maybe the fact that the card was in my luggage had to do with it. but i don't really know what went wrong since there was nothing out of the ordinary.

On 2004-02-02 08:36, LollipopLolita wrote:
    my file got corrupted two weeks ago. at the last save prior, everything was fine. and then when i loaded the card, it refused to read and wanted to format. maybe the fact that the card was in my luggage had to do with it. but i don't really know what went wrong since there was nothing out of the ordinary.
    You guess it says that or you understand japanese or you asked for the translation??

I ask because sometimes after load Episode 3 it appears that screen asking if the time is correct like 1st time you put Episode 3 or Episode 1&2. Then I power off and on and everything is fine. It has happened to me like 3 times but hopefully with no data loss so far.

It asks for the time because you have the wrong memory card in.
    When I load up PSO 3, and I've been playing something else on an EU memory card, I sometimes forget to change to my Ep3 JP one. I just swap my cards over and it's fine.

On 2004-02-02 04:35, Shimarisu wrote:

By the way, can anyone help me by giving me some cards? Not any good ones, just common cards.
    Sure. In fact I can probably replace every card you owned. In the meantime, buy a new mem card, looks like yours just quit on you. It stands to reason that the battery will not last forever, which is why I use USB.

- Shimarisu (want to beat me over and over to regain your level? You get 50 exp per win against somebody as high as me)
    Memory cards use flash ram, hence no batteries.

I agree: Do as Shim said-- Do backups. I am doing that now, but the only thing I'm worried about is the backup not working if it should.

Also, thanks Shim, I'll probably see you online. But I couldn't just beat you over and over... what about your rank?

Also, -STE- I did try deleting the guild card... but the thing just kept poping up saying "CORRUPT!!" etc.

I'll be online in about 3 hours, getting my level back up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2004-02-02 17:23 ]</font>

The reason your memory card got messed up is your own fault.

Japanese memory cards are formatted differently than US ones. If you attempt to browse a Japanese formatted card in US region, the card will be reformatted. Same is true for the other way around. Some import games detect the region and attempt to save in the format the card is in, others wont. If you're using import games, you NEED a dedicated card for it.

Oh. OK. That makes sense.

But I thought that JP memory cards didn't work very well with US Gamecubes?

sappharad, same mem card, same gamecube, same everything. and it asked for a reformat. not that i really care i already restarted. i think it probably got fucked up in my luggage in the airplane.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-02-02 23:08 ]</font>

It's not their fault. I use a UK mem card on a UK system, Japanese game. The UK mem card was formatted that way from the start, it still has my PAL ep 1+2 saves on it. Certain games let you do this, ep 3 does. Out of my collection of JP games, most allow the UK mem card. Only one doesn't, Driller land. The only difference is if I then try to use that save on a JP cube. Even with the same game, it does not detect it. I own cubes from both regions so I'm well versed with this. Simon plays on a JP cube, so I cant use my saves on his console. But my saves are fine on mine. As long as you find a system it works for, it will be OK.

And my rank is not affected if people beat me, because you don't lose meseta. The only thing that's affecting my rank ATM is not playing, due to utter despair at the pointlessness of everything.

Shimarisu, if that's the cast, come back to Ep. I and II.

It's just like Sam Adams....always a good decision.