Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

That Haiku is 6/8/7, not wuite the rhythm that's supposed to be used. To get kanji, just press space once you've typed the name. Do note that most company names use Katakana, the Kanji is only for official stuff.

On 2004-04-10 01:42, Arislan wrote:
    That Haiku is 6/8/7, not wuite the rhythm that's supposed to be used. To get kanji, just press space once you've typed the name. Do note that most company names use Katakana, the Kanji is only for official stuff.
    Huh? 6/8/7? 'n' sounds count as one separate syllable?

So if I write Nintendou, I should use katagana?

Thanks a plenty.

Right, the n sound is a syllable or beat count as well. You could do it either way, neither would be wrong. Nromally in "normal speech" type writing, you'd use katakana, but if adopting a more written formal style, you'd use the kanji. Depends on what style you want your haiku to look like.

Si and shi are the same characters, it depends on what type of style you use: Hepburn (or the other style Walcott?) I can't remember. Ti and chi are also sometimes used interchangeably too.

(Nintendo, it's a cereal wow.)

So did anyone actually use any of my Haiku? Or write their own? I'm guessing not, but meh, figured writing a few may help people tht otherwise wouldn't do anything themselves, not having the skill.

For the record, I hate romajii. And out of romajii, the readings of "ti", "si", "syo" and the like piss me off as much as reading "watashi ha kora wo nomu". If you said that out loud, people would look at you like you're an idiot. Write it how you'd say it, don't simplify crap like that.

I am gonna use one of your Haikus arislan. Can I just put them in english like you have? (well I mean translated english, but not in japanese characters)

What time is 9pm jp time?

A bit late now actually, it's around 12:40 on the 12th in Japan at the moment, and the thing only ran till the 11th. Given the amount of people that were trying to break down the door to that lobby, I can't help but think the goal was met. I just hope the quest will be available to both versions...