Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

(Didn't know if I should put this in Tech, so if i'm wrong, the mod will move it)

I won a new VMU, so after I get a good snapshot of my friend and I, i'm going to start a force.

The question is, which one should I start?

FOneweral is out of the question. I am not starting one. I like what I see in FOmarl, because it's got the accuraccy for a TP-Draining Handgun, or something like that. FOnewm is OK, although it doesn't look quite as nice as FOmarl(hehheh) What do you think?(callout to all other forces)

(Credits for new sig go out to josh)

FORCES ARE LAME

i would recommend no be a force at all. But if you must, then i say fomarl is best of the 3 and she doesn't look like a pansy either. Just remember, at level 65, you will only have 320 HP, and sure you will have 1000 TP or so, but every spell will drain 35 pts, only do maybe 150 pts damage, and when thats all you can use... well you'll be burning the midnite trifluids. Not to mention, yer ata / atp stats will be so low u cn't use jack for weps (but even if u did you would get knocked the !@# out every other attack).

I am a fonewearl, and there is nothing wrong with her, so don't discount her out of hand, i think the best thing about her is she is such a rare character to see online.

ok, i feel better now that i have vented.

Rappy Hunter

The key to being a Force is understanding that your start will be slow. Once you get to level 18 or so, things start to speed up.

Get urself a TP stealing gun and you'll be set for life. I have a Mind Railgun + 15 that steals 36 TP per hit. Needless to say. I only use fluids during boss battles now and I let the Razonde, Rafoie, Deband, Gibarta, etc. FLY. Play with me and i'll show you a Force that wreaks shop.

yeah, you wreckin at lvl 30, but the higher your force get, the weaker he becomes relative to the other classes. See how much fun it is to play dark falz on vhard as a force... it sucks!!!

Veteran Fighter

Enough with the Force Sucks stuff

I like casters and this Chicky is kewl as all git out. Heres the deal, as a force your NOT SUPOSE TO TANK!

/drooooool TP stealing gun
    /bounce

Umm i'm only 10 right now, what zone do those drop? I've cleared the Dwagon finaly, but the caves are purty darn hard, thank goodness for mobs not goin past the zone line.

[b]Ryiko! lv 10 FOnewear[b]

[b]GYRL POWA!!![b]
    ?

I guess it all depends on how you like to play.

I have a level 72 FOmarl and I enjoy my character a lot. Even though the other Forces can achieve higher TP, I would recommend the FOmarl of their better ability with weapons (eventually).

I agree that playing a Force is tough in the beginning, since you are so weak. However, I think it pays off in the long run, because at very high levels, Forces are some of the most in-demand characters in the game when it comes to assembling a party. Some Hunters/Rangers on these boards will rip on Forces and say they suck....but they sure like to have them along on difficult quests, etc. I can drop into any lobby online and immediately get bombarded with offers to play.

I've found a lot of success (and popularity) by playing more of a support role in a party rather than an offensive role. I did this quite abit in my mid-level phase. I would drop the necessary attacks to receive experience, but I mainly spent my time casting all of my support spells, healing players, and dropping the necessary Reverser when needed. This might sound boring to many of you, but I actually enjoy it. On top of that...I made a BOATLOAD of friends by playing this way. At low and mid levels, players really appreciate having someone play the support role. However, if I'm playing with high level characters, I tend to switch to offensive play (which is more fun now that I can finally use some cool weapons).

Playing a Force is not for everyone, but I think it's something everyone should try at least once. If all you love to do is Hack and Slash...then you will probably find it a bit dull.

One more thing...one severe downside of playing a Force is OFFLINE play at Very Hard levels. I'm convinced that it's nearly impossible to defeat Dark Falz in Very Hard with a single Force. However, I might change my mind when I get closer to level 100.

Rappy Hunter

Good post Moiraine. Good to see you here as well. You sure do level fast . LOL.

Veteran Fighter

Agree nice post
    Gives me something to look forward to.

Ok now grrrr, where are all my spells?
    I know im only level 10, but I would think I would have more.

I have the fire spell, up to lv 3, Ice, Lighting, the defense buffer one, and heal. My question is how do I cast like the heal and buff on other players? Or can I only do that at higher levels and right now its self only

[b]Ryiko! lv 10 FOnewearl[b]

PSO Assassin

I may be misremembering this since it was a while ago but I think all the support spells become area effect at lvl 3.

Well I just started a Force and she's great! not as much endurance but Its not a prob if you know how to play them. I don't even mind gettin nice and close to all the monsters, as a matter of fact I enjoy running around them and tryin to get a hit or two from their back, much more exciting then the hunter who just sit there n hack away.
    Nakoruru