Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

In terms of "Vol Opt"...

It's worth noting that in the original series, the technique known as "Vol" was an instant death attack for fleshy-type enemies.

Stop and consider that for a moment.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

I never thought twice about the names, although most of these PSO names seem to have been thought out very carefully, to make things have connections.

The only names I ever ever hated were the sharks. I mean COME ON, yeah they look like sharks, sorta, but can you at least think of a better name!@!!!

.k.n.o.t.

On 2004-05-19 11:44, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
    In terms of "Vol Opt"...

It's worth noting that in the original series, the technique known as "Vol" was an instant death attack for fleshy-type enemies.

Hmm. Interesting. Was Vol lightning or laser-based? Or did it summon a crushing pillar of doom?

Opt...Option?

Instant Death Option? Hmm. What else could Opt stand for...

On 2004-05-19 15:53, Eihwaz wrote:
    On 2004-05-19 11:44, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
    In terms of "Vol Opt"...

Hmm. Interesting. Was Vol lightning or laser-based? Or did it summon a crushing pillar of doom?

Opt...Option?

Instant Death Option? Hmm. What else could Opt stand for...
    I don't recall, actually... I really didn't use it a lot, as you couldn't refill your TP without visiting an inn, so physical attacks were generally more popular with me.

I might check on that tonight, though. I'm thinking that it was probably like all the other instant death attacks in the game, though-- A Japanese character (which I'm assuming means "DEATH!!!") would appear over the enemy, and they'd just die.

I think the scary thing about Vol, is that it had an upgraded version, Savol, that hit everything on the screen. If that weren't enough, Savol could be combined with an over-all Instant Death attack, Diem, to perform Holocaust, which basically just killed everything.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016