Thread: Battle Mode?

Okay, I'm very new at the game as of now. I've only done one mission on each side to see which gameplay style I preferred (Heroside, in case you care =P). Anyway, I noticed one person says to meet in the offline battle mode and he'll give you tips. What is he talking about? I heard about a Battle Machine, but I've been at every terminal in the base and haven't seen anything like that. How do you get better if you can only go straight through the missions? Is it really that linear? (And I'm not counting sub quests as something extra, unless you can redo them.)
    Sorry if these are questions that'd be answered in another mission or so, I'm just really impatient! =P

Through the Fire and Flames

When you start the game up, you have 2 options, either you play through the story, or do a free battle.

I dont know about tips, because i have the japanese version, so tips aint much use to me

but you can goto the same console your going to now, just you can pick your opponents and choose from their decks, provided youve unlocked them.

This is a good way for leveling up and getting practice, this is also where you play downloaded quests and 3 offline quests already in the game. bear in mind there are certain cards you cant find here, but can be found in story mode, so try and play more in there. there are also bigger exp gains possible in story mode

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

The guy you talked to was Ratz, or whatever they want to call him in the US/EU version. Head here to find out about the quest he gives you, which includes tips.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...cle&artid=1696

Yea...I noticed the Free Battle option at the start, but I thought that was only multiplayer. Isn't there one for just P1 vs COM? Correct me if I'm wrong, of course...having to select two players at the beginning may have thrown me off...or not. ;

GO TO HELL C:

On 2004-06-14 17:25, Cinnamon wrote:
    Yea...I noticed the Free Battle option at the start, but I thought that was only multiplayer. Isn't there one for just P1 vs COM? Correct me if I'm wrong, of course...having to select two players at the beginning may have thrown me off...or not. ;
    You just select your character then hit 'Start Game'

Whoa...you mean you can pick just one and battle the com? Ayyaa.....*head spins*