Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a level 191 HUnewearl whose found everything on Skyly ID shy of a J-sword. She used to be able to find red swords like they were going out of style. It's been 300 hours since she's last seen a new Red sword. I used to be able to pipe hildeblues so fast I could get four god/arms in an hour. Now after piping for 45 minutes I found not a single hildeblue. Has anyone else noticed that their older characters loose their finding touch later in the game?

Note: I regard this topic as spam.

Alas, i shall reply anyway.Drop rates are averages over time. So if you found an item many times before you reached the drop rate, it would make sense that you would go over the drop rate many times as well. Hence the term "average".

BTW- God this is spam

Yeah i knda noticed the only thing my HUmar can find for whitil anymore is db sabers and sliceers of assassin.... whats this world coming to??

On 2004-07-05 16:20, PaleKid15 wrote:
    Note: I regard this topic as spam.

Alas, i shall reply anyway.Drop rates are averages over time. So if you found an item many times before you reached the drop rate, it would make sense that you would go over the drop rate many times as well. Hence the term "average".

BTW- God this is spam
    I dunno, sounds more like a combo of Spam/Rant (very low-anger, boring rant). If ilr2000 would have added something funny into the mix, then it could have done nicely in FKL. Meh... yeah, I want to believe someone with as many post as ilr2000 wasn't really wondering if the game itself was programmed to drop less as character grew in level, but that ilr2000 was actually just trying to start up some conversation with other individuals who have had as much bad luck as he or she has.

BTW- God this is spam/rant

The Angels Demon

I dunno, sounds more like a combo of Spam/Rant (very low-anger, boring rant). If ilr2000 would have added something funny into the mix, then it could have done nicely in FKL. Meh... yeah, I want to believe someone with as many post as ilr2000 wasn't really wondering if the game itself was programmed to drop less as character grew in level, but that ilr2000 was actually just trying to start up some conversation with other individuals who have had as much bad luck as he or she has.

BTW- God this is spam/rant
    *LAUGHS* Damn, you never cease to amuse me! *thinks his spelling is getting worse the older he gets* And to believe I used to top every Spelling-B in High School!

BTW - God this is spam/rant/rave/babble/confusion

It wasn't spam, but its turning into it. Thanks guys. Yeah.. I mean... I'm not a fuckwit. I know what the word "random" means. In a matter of 200 hours I find eleven red swords. Then 300 hours of searching and I find none. That's like flipping a hundred tails in a row, and all you wanted was a heads. If it were me, I'd think there's something wrong with the coin.

I've been playing this game waaaaaaay too long and I wont post something unless I think there's soemthing to it. I really think there's something in the character file that marks some sort of limit on what you can find. I'm serious when I say I have about 1500 hours on my character. I've been around. I know what "random" is like. This isn't random. This is "stopped".

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

To put i bluntly, no. Time on character has nothing to do with drop rates. You're using GC, so it's not a hacked mag problem, unless you're on Plus. I'd realy just say a horrible run of bad luck. Hell, on DC it used to be a rumour that at 200, 500, and 1000 hours your rare chances rose. Nothing but averages.

Yeah this is spam/rant/stupid/babbleing/needstog fkl/wow...

RicoRoyals FOnewm Understudy

Look, if the red sword had a 1/2 drop rate, it would be like a coin, but since it is about 1/900, it would be like flipping a 900 sided coin with only one head. the programing has NOTHING to do with it. it is just luck, bad luck.

I guess no one else has noticed this.

Tested by pirates.