Thread: Weird... 100%s

Ive noticed when using some hacked weapons for fun, that some of the 100%s that I have don't do big bad damage. I use another wpn which is like 100% and it does a sh-tload of damage. Do you think that the ones that are actually hacked isn't being registered 100%?

Ex) I was playing around with the hacked lavis blades in the ruins with 100% dark and I was doing close to 800 (1300+) dmg with weak attack and 1100+ (1800+) with hard attacks, then I switch to a different wpn which isn't much difference in atp and I do like 300dmg...

And how come some 100% hit doesn't hit 100%? I'm also curious about that one.

Ex) Fight falz with one of them. You'll definitely miss sometimes.

And how come some 100% hit doesn't hit 100%?
    It's because 100% hit adds 100 ATA to your total ATA. Usually, (Especially with a ranger,) that means you will never miss. Hunters and Forces might miss, however.

And what was the second weapon you tested with?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2004-07-27 19:37 ]</font>

Not quite. 100% Hit means the weapons ATA is doubled. So it doesn't mean you will hit 100%, it will just raise your chances at hitting considerably. Always hit? NO! My RAmar (maxed at highest ATA in the game) with a Snow Queen that has 15% Hit can hardly freeze a Delsaber in ULT Ruins! And in Ep2 there are some creatures that have EVP high enough to evade his hits too.

On the hacked % weapons. If I understand it correctly, weapons (with the exception of SRanks) have a place in their data where they can store %s. There is room for 3, each up to 100. Normaly you can apply each of the spots to separate attributes. However, there are hacked weapons that have all on 1 attribute. (That makes 300%) The UI can't show more than 100%, so it's hard to notice. But the hit calculator does use each, giving you a staggering ATP against enemies with the attribute.
    Such weapons have 100% on 1 attribute and 0 on all others. To see if you just have a normal 100% or a stacked hack, try to add % to another attribute. If it doesn't work, it's a hack. Now, I know this is a costly test, as it takes at least 20 Photon Drops. But if you wanna be sure, that's how to do it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-07-28 07:00 ]</font>

On 2004-07-28 06:53, Superguppie wrote:
    Not quite. 100% Hit means the weapons ATA is doubled.
    No, each point of hit% adds 1 ATA. Say you have 5 hit on a weapon, it would have 5 ATA more than normal, not 5% more ata. You can test this out by getting two of the same weapon with different hit % amounts and comparing the ATA.

Really? Wow, I never noticed. Then why are they called %????
    Oh, well. Learned something again....

On 2004-07-28 09:47, Superguppie wrote:
    Really? Wow, I never noticed. Then why are they called %????
    Oh, well. Learned something again....
    I dunno... Its just ata though, the other percents ARE really percents like you said. I'm not complaining though, if hit % was really just a percent, my FOmar would be in an even worse position right now. >.<

Two wpns that I have Justice and L&K Combat have %s for different areas. For example, Justice has 100% for machine while L&K Combat has 0% for machine. I bring them both to the mines and do weak attack. They almost do the same dmg O_o. Something is very wrong here.

thats because mechs have a low atp anyway. as i understand it, only the weapon atp would be doubled. so...thats a whole 15atp difference. actually while finding this info, i made an intresting discovery: l&k andh&s mechs have same atp and ata. so it probably does pretty much nothing

On 2004-07-28 10:22, darthsaber9x9 wrote:
    as i understand it, only the weapon atp would be doubled.
    Exactly. For example if a weapon gave 100atp, and it had 100% in an area, it would give 200atp to the user for that type enemy. So % don't do much on low atp weps >_>

Thats why i use L&Ks w/ % to hit cuz it helps more than w/ % against Dark