Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

On 2005-01-02 18:42, Ness wrote:
    I have so side with Ian on this one (sorry buddy ), but he has a point. It's really not your responsibility to protect her or anything like that. I say let her do what she wants and if she gets stalked or pestered online, then those of the consequences of her actions. For all you know she may like hanging out with horny guys.
    I guess.

I have just had this upbringing of high family values. So of course I'm gonna feel really protective of my sister, well, really just when it comes to fucking guys that wants to get into her pants.

And it's a lot different over the internet than at school.

EGA Warrior
    In the loney shadows of Oakhurst, California.

I'm with ToH on this point. My family's buisness is my family's buisness - but I will say I've seen similar situations with my 13 year old neices, and I thank god my other sister decided to step in and guide them throught this rough point in their lives.

At 13 years old, you're too goddamned ignorant to know what you're getting into with that kind of activity. No, you cannot protect them everywhere you go.. and you should not smother them. Some lessons must be learnt on one's own. However, you don't let children who've had no gun saftey training play with pistols do you? Why? They're dangerous. Well so is the internet. If she doesn't know how to behave online, and doesn't want to learn, then she should be restricted in her online activities.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _Sinue_ on 2005-01-03 02:25 ]</font>

On 2005-01-02 18:48, TheOneHero wrote:
    At school she can get touched, internet she can't.=P

"Don't take my eVirginity!!"

On 2005-01-02 19:31, GreyPhantasm wrote:
    On 2005-01-02 18:48, TheOneHero wrote:
    At school she can get touched, internet she can't.=P

"Don't take my eVirginity!!"
    Verbal haressment can be a lot worse then physical. And much more lasting.

This sounds quite serious.

I'd stop the PSO right away until she grows up a bit and learns a bit about strangers. I'd hate to see her learn the hard way, but at this rate thats what is going to happen.

hehe,

Don't you just love the little squirms? By love I mean choke, squeezing the life out of them, eyeballs bulging, mouth gaping, the whole shibang.

Oh wait, you say you wanna defend her. Well, let me tell you something. They hate, little kids, big kids, adults, nobody likes the feeling of being helpless. Now, its the sheltered kids you've got the feel bad for, mammy and daddy always looking after them, big bro there to help you, guide you, support you when no one else does. Its enviorments like these, when they are as they should be, when a mishap happens, the sheltered suddenly lose their fortress, and they are vulnerable to all sorts of attacks.

Now I have a little bro, a little sister. And two older siblings. I too have tried to aid them, only to see them get fucked by excatly what I warned them about. So I stopped, and guess what. They still do stupid things that fuck them over. No change whatsoever.

But, there is one big difference. If your not there, they can only blame themselves (unless their teenagers, teenagers can blame whatever the fuck they want and it will be justified in their eyes.) So I'm not exactly sure what your getting at, or what I'm getting at, but I know that each and every one of us will try to live our own indipendant life, and if people try to invade, we push them away.

Another thing I've noticed is that every reply in this thread, is something I would probably have said if they had not. Thus, I can conclude that we all know the exact thame principles, but are going through different means to display them. Funny eh?

Funny eh? I may see a famous man, movie, or idea, and be inspired to be like that. LIKE that, not true to the definition of that. I can only imagine that its the same for all of us, we want to be successful, but different. And we cannot become successful and yet different, if we merely copy those around us when the chance is offered.

Yeah.. yeah..

And now I return you to your previus function of random thought.

ToH wins. You don't go steady with people who can't type worth shit on the Internet.

Who knows. They might exclaim "LOL!" upon orgasm... :
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

As much as I hate to admit it. I agree with Ian here.

See. Coming from a family with overprotective/control freak parents. I hate anyone that try to tell me what to do. I see your concern about your sister. But I think you went completely overboard with your actions.

Hacking into e-mail account? Changing passwords? Pretend to be her? Whatever happened to privacy and respect person as a person? This is like my dad once forced me to let him read my diary. It is invasive, and the more you do this, the more the other person is going to rebell against you just for the heck of it.

Maybe your sister isn't ready for the internet. But hey, who are you to make decisions for her. It isn't yours to make, it is your parents' respinsibility first off. If you try too much to be "the protective brother", it would be too easy to fall into the manipulative routine and the next thing she knows you might be putting all sorts of restrictions on her and she will have to do exactly what you tell her. And let me tell you, that isn't going to do anybody any good either.

It is good to want to protect your family, but it is also good to know when to step down.

Short of physical danger, I say let her do what she wants, fuck things up, and suffer the consequences. Lesson learned.
    Lazy bored. Crazy stupid.

I tell her to not give out personal information, what does she do? Gives out personal information.
    What sort of personal information?