Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

I'm definately gonna see this. But I have a 2 and a half year old who has become Star Wars, and Vader in general, crazy. From what ya'll have gathered, do you think this movie will be too dark and possibly scary for a child as young as my lil Joshua? My wife wants to take him, but I'm kinda leaning against it until he gets a lil older.

OBTW I do not have Ep I&II on DVD, I'm waiting for the Ep I-III box set just like the Luke and Han Trilogy.

This one is rated PG-13 (unlike all the others). So I might lean against letting a 2 and 1/2 year old see it. >_>;

Though it's really up to you I suppose, I mean, you know whether your kid gets scared easily/doesn't like sudden and loud noises/won't have bad dreams. Or whatever. ;p

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

It really does depend on the sanity level of the child. I would, however, suggest he wait a while so that he can understand some of the plot line better. (took me a few passes at Ep 4 and 5 to realize Han had a bounty on his head)
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.

It doesn't matter if your child can take it or not. It's not appropriate to bring a young child into any movie that caters to more of a mature audience.

I wanna see it. Star Wars is an interesting saga, which takes place on the interesting universe made by George Lucas, with many more similarities to real life than people (or fanboys) imagine.

Since Episode I, I've started to like the saga. One day I'll probably check out the older episodes.

On 2005-04-26 12:29, trypticon wrote:
    It doesn't matter if your child can take it or not. It's not appropriate to bring a young child into any movie that caters to more of a mature audience.
    Ka-booya!

I retract my statement and go with Adam on this one.

Hmm... let's see. We all know Episode III involves the slaughter of millions...

So, yeah, I'd suggest NOT bringing your kid.

If he wants to see it, why the hell not...

Even tho he is 2 years old.. it's not likely he's gonna understand what's going on...

I saw Akira on the theaters when i was 11 years old... Everybody knows how psychic fucked up that movie was...

The only thing i regret about it is that i didn't really fully understood it - for many years.

It really comes to how reality-aware your kid is. If he can understand that what he's seeing is a movie and those are actors who are playing a part... i don't see why not..

but then again, he's only 2... i really doubt that he has any idea of what's going on..

Anyway, you can always tell him: see son, that's what a real starwars movie looks like..

Edit: oh yeah, i forgot the point..
    My point is that taking him to see it won't cause any harm. But it's not like he's going to understand it - so i don't really see a reason to take him... but i don't think it's gonna harm him...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rain_1 on 2005-04-26 16:33 ]</font>

"Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" Shattered_weasel's Avatar
    In the ER room with the lovely and talented George Clooney.

As long as he doesn't talk and disturb those around him I say why not.

It's a tough choice...he might later see it as you depriving him of a once in a lifetime experience to see it the moment it comes out. I know it's not a rational argument, but it can be used.
    I'm not a parent myself, but I know the decision you ultimately make will have been well thought out. And I hope the three of you do enjoy it should you all go and see it