Thread: Your top 5 Rpgs

1. Baldur's Gate: Throne of Bhaal
    2. Baldur's Gate
    3. Baldur's Gate 2
    4. PSO
    5. Arcanum

Honorable mention: Chrono Trigger

Yeah, I think that about covers it.

Tough even though I don't play that many RPG's.

1. Chrono Cross
    2. Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn
    3. Morrowind GOTY
    4. Icewind Dale 2
    5. Shadow Hearts 1 & 2

I am probably forgetting some, I rarely beat them, and there are sooooo many I would like to play. Like Breath of Fire 3(I really liked it), Wild Arms 3, Dark Cloud 2, Legend of Dragoon, more I am forgetting. I had all these, and sold them, I think, bah, I wish I had more time.
    Orange Hand. CZ-75b.

In no order:

Super Mario RPG. My first RPG ever, as I never liked to play RPGs back then. When I rented this game, I had NO idea what RPG meant, and when I found out, I already paid for it's rental, and was told to give it a try. It was a classic game that will never leave my memories

Megaman Battle Network series, mainly, 2 and 5. Good realtime combat system, good story, and it's Megaman, a series I was getting into for the first time.

Chrono Trigger: Damn good game, nice, orignal concept of the time it came out in, has a good story, too.

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, agian, good story, good realtime combat system. IMO, any decently executed realtime combat system will be better than any turnbased/timebar based system. Just seems more realistic to me.

PS IV: Good story for it's time, good reference to the history of the series, and fairly difficult.

Oje... do RPG/Strategy games count? Eg. FF Tactics or Fire Emblem...

If they do... good, if not too bad I'm still including one.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Face it, that game is fun. Heck, I have picked it up just this week after not playing it for over a year (only was about 1 hour into it). Now I am over 24 hours into it and enjoying it so much. Simple gameplay, simple controls, and classic graphics and sound. Overall a really great game.

Sword of Mana

Yeah, an old game but still great. I am a sucker for old school RPGs so this one obviously was one I enjoyed. Again, simple yet the story made it really great.

Xenosaga Episode I

Haven't played Episode II yet (haven't beat Episode I either.. PSO among other games always get in the way ;_; )... Anyway, I for one enjoy the movie sequences. The music is outstanding and fits in very well. The gameplay is tough but easy to understand and master. As in, easy to master the controls but long and tough to master the game. Turn based are generally my favorite RPGs and this one stands out above.

Final Fantasy... well, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X... Eh, I love them. The series is one of the best out there. If only because of Nobuo Uematsu's music I love them. I really like IV, V, and VI though. A lot.. And you haven't heard game music arrangments until you have heard the Final Fantasy arranged music. (Arranged: orchestrated basically, though might also include vocals, eg. Final Fantasy Vocal Collection) I really can get into music that I like, and with so much of it that I do like out of this series it just adds so much to it. I always find them fun, with all sorts of entertainment value to them, and quite a bit of emotion as well.

Phantasy Star Online Episodes I&II&IV

Yeah, I know. Not the best storyline, not the best AI or graphics or... you get the idea. But the music is pretty darn good. What makes this most possibly the greatest RPG I have ever played has nothing to do with the game itself. It is the community and friends I have made on it. For that reason alone I love this game. The people that play it make it have the best storyline. Because it is the story of everyday life, of the players. There is humor (SO much of it! It's great!), sadness (real stuff so it hits harder), anger (yeah everyone gets angry at something some time), anxiousness... the list goes on. Because the story is made by people it has no real end. So long as people play it in some form or another the story will live on. And even when the game dies (inevitable years from now after the final version is made), the story, the community, the friendships will continue. This makes this game so much more ingrossing than any other ever made. It makes it a real pleasure to play. That is why I say PSO, no matter how many faults the game itself has, is still the best RPG ever.

And yeah... Impossible for me to make a complete list cause well... I love so many others! Chrono series... Super Mario RPG... the RPG mod for UT2004 so many...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLITZKOMMANDO on 2005-07-11 23:10 ]</font>

GO TO HELL C:

On 2005-07-11 23:08, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
    Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Face it, that game is fun. Heck, I have picked it up just this week after not playing it for over a year (only was about 1 hour into it). Now I am over 24 hours into it and enjoying it so much. Simple gameplay, simple controls, and classic graphics and sound. Overall a really great game.
    Geez, I completely forgot about FFTA, and I've been PLAYING it a lot lately. Must...get all jobs and...beat all missions T_T

Did i even play 5 rpgs....

I think i did,

1. Mario Rpg - the one who took them all.... with a Hurly Glove

2. Evolution Worlds

3. Grandia II (since i lack many RPs played...)

4. T.O.S.

5. once i play more Rpgs... PSO will be removed from this list >>

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Shining Force III
    Shenmue
    Skies of Arcadia
    FF7

in no real order

The Original Bullet Magnet

1. baldurs gate trilogy - aye 1, 2& Throne of Bhaal. Say what you will but like lotr, that was 1 book split into three, this was one game split into three. amazing game. told well, great cast of characters and it was fun! boo & minsc forever!

2. kotor 2- yeah it was buggy and cut short, but the dark edge to the story really made it better than the first one in my eyes. plus there was a Playable character with a proper beard. which was absent from the first. Boo!

3. neverwinter nights - okay before you can say 'bioware fanboy' the main reason this gets an entry is because of the sheer amount of modules that can be downloaded for it! many which are a real joy to play. the two offical add-ons are great too.

4. shenmue 2 - more action than the first, more colourful, more engrossing story and the use of japanese instead of poorly acted english (DC version) was a real bonus. if the third one never sufaces (and not the online version) i will be one unhappy chappy.

5. pso - story? pah! graphics? meh engrossing action? Yeah right. BUT i still love this game. the first console online rpg, its not the game itself that makes me love pso, its the people! so many cool friends have been made because of this game. the experiencince i will always remembered, not played out in some cut-scene, but played out by me! the first time you see the dragon, saving a friend from a sly slap to the back with a rifle blast from the other side of room, the pure 'wow' factor of seeing a heavens punisher for the first time. the feeling of bravado of been part of a a team of hunters charging into a room to save a team mate who was foolish enough to run on ahead.

honorable mention - deus ex - an rpg yes, and a good one, but i always viewed it more as an action game. and one of the best around.

PEACE!!!

Panzer Dragoon Saga (like fine wine)

Final Fantasy 6 (happy memories)

Skies of Arcadia (because i was starved for happiness by then from the Sea of RPG Angst)

Phantasy Star 2 (hasn't aged well, :shrug: still great premise/story)

Chrono Trigger (happy memories)

i'd like to put a few more, but... fallout deserves an honorable mention, as does shining force, warsong, and earthbound. but these are my 5.
    "Do you still think I'm scrumptious?" -- Rimururu, Samurai Showdown 4

Hmm... I hate adding on to a 3 page long "Top" list thread... But oh well

1) Phantasy Star Online
    -What can I say?

2)Secret of Mana
    -Classic! Made me fall in love with action RPGs! One of the best systems to date!

3)Legend of Mana
    -Extremely underrated 4th instalment of the mana series... Great music, art, stories, ambiance... Beautiful...

4)Final Fantasy X
    -This spot kind of goes out to all FF... As much as I hate to say it, 10 is my favorite FF... And not just because it has voices... It's just the only one that doesn't seem to be a tired old re-hash... Second in line in FF goes to 8, then 9, Tactics(original), CC, 5, 7, 6, TA, The ones I havent played, followed by 11 in dead last because we have a very mutual hate-hate relationship... And it killed my mother...

5) Chrono Trigger
    I suppose... But only because to this day, no rpgs (that I have played) that aren't on my list have surpased it...