Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, I just went to see this with my friends. I thought it was pretty good though my friends are total 'Tim Burton' fanatics. I dunno if I want to see it again. Luckily for me, I didn't go hungry during the movie.

I need to see it.
    I might go with Eclair if we really do meet up this weekend.

Tim burton is the man.
    Johnny Depp is the man.

I have to see this movie =P

La Chupacabra-1/2 Azn Ogre KaFKa's Avatar

From the previews it doesen't seem to hit the marks of what the origonal was. I could be wrong though, as previews are almost never what the movie is.

(even though i love Johnny Depp as an actor, he will never be able to capture the true essence of Willy Wonka.)

It's not bad on how Tim Burton protrayed him, but I haven't read the book in AGES.

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

Depp's version of Wonka is a bit more Psycho than Gene Wilder's laid back smartassery. Now, the movie does kind of go through the factory bits a bit fast so it can get to the tender juices at the end, but all in all it's a good film that captures the magic of the Original and puts it under a blacklight.

I wrote a whole review for it, but I'm not sure if anyone would want to read that huge block of text here.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

The Original Bullet Magnet

ah u lucky fucks! it isn't out over here for another week!

the original is one of those movies thats always a joy to watch, gives me that old fuzzy warm feeling inside.

one thing about the new movie is the ompa-loompas new look. they really shoulda just kept the good old orange face and screwed up dungrees and brown shirt.

but as re-makes go, get tim burton and mr. depp and you can't mess it up too bad.

PEACE!!!

Good topic, seeing as I've been skeptical yet interested in this movie ever since I first heard about it. From what you guys have said so far, I think I'll check it out if I get the chance. Of course, there's always pay-per-view if I don't .

about to see it...will see it for sure though.

i think it'd be interesting to see a darker willy wonka...a more cynical, sarcastic one. keep in mind that this movie isn't made to replace the original...it's only a variation of it. as it turns out...films created from books can never match the book in greatness. it's a law =]

Master of Shukuchi!!!!!!!!!!!

Eat wonka doughnuts [].! Your section sucks bitc*!

:on't use that word or language around here, +1 warning::

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-07-18 02:20 ]</font>