Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New p2w stuff

Only reason I can think of to get those EQ triggers is if you want to make events with your team.

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

Not to mention we'll be getting free SG as daily rewards now. So atleast there's some use for SG, I don't mind at all.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

What pay 2 win?

Who are you winning against? There isn't any PvP content, there isn't any content that pits you against another player to the point that anyone would feel like they can't compete at the same level for gear. Excluding TA rankings which I don't really think alot of people take that seriously except for the really hardcore gamers.

With the current content, more people with better gear benefits everyone in your team/party so it's a win-win. It's the people that pay to get their end game gear faster and still suck skill-wise, due to the quick progress on gear and skipping many contents in between are the ones people will need to watch out for.
    Last edited by yukiyuki; May 23, 2016 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyHarken View Post
    It is about that, eqs will cost approximately 300sg. This may not mean much now, but I see it as the beginning of something much worse. IMO
    Every gimmick they've added so far eventually they just started handing out for free (see: scapedolls, 12* passes via titles, and bingos are now even handing out gathering refills and star gems)
    Give it a few months and they'll start handing out EQ triggers as login campaigns.

it was already p2w because of whales doing AC scratch
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

I think you guys need to stop arguing on the semantics on P2W.

When someone talks about P2W in PSO2, it's obviously being able to pay to progress faster than a free user. While this will always be the case, some of it rubs people the wrong way.

I won't consider this pay2win in any shape or form, its not like they get an instant 13* with 1 trigger...

But if you want REAL Pay2Win you should check SEA... Some of their costumes have huge affixes like +30% atk, +30% dark tech boost, BLACK HEART potential, +30% def and +100% rare drop boost.... ON 1 COSTUME, and they can just roll with it without high end gear cuz they just got carried by their costumes.... (And its affixes expire after a month so you need to buy a new one, either scratching for one or buy it for like 150m+
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    I think you guys need to stop arguing on the semantics on P2W.

When someone talks about P2W in PSO2, it's obviously being able to pay to progress faster than a free user. While this will always be the case, some of it rubs people the wrong way.
    This is true, but the semantics are also important because there's lines between "Paying can give you useful perks" and "Paying is vital to enjoy the game to the fullest extent" and "Paying is required to enjoy the game at all" And a lot of people wringing their hands over a lot of the Star Gem stuff have trouble making distinctions between the three.

The impact that EQ Triggers are going to have are purely speculative at this point until more details are revealed on their implementation (Do they just let you open up a quest for a 12 man party to join in on? Does it trigger the activation of the EQ for a 30 minute period for the entire ship? Or is it just to create a toned down 4-man version of the quest that has no rewards and is just intended as a 'for fun' experience?).

I fail to see any P2W in PvE games like PSO2.

... So is this the reason why they start limiting the EQ runs!? *plot twist*
    Last edited by SteveCZ; May 23, 2016 at 08:11 PM.

So how will the triggers work? Will you need one trigger for a single group or will all the members need to use a trigger to access making you use up to 12 triggers?