Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Petunia View Post
    WELL THEN!

Way back when people were CLAIMING to get banned for being foreigners, they were just straight up lying. 3rd party hacks were running rampant, western players were abusing exploits, etc, etc. And not wanting to admit the real reason they got banned (or maybe they were just THAT stupid and didn't think what they were doing was bad) they blamed their ban on the fact that they were a foreigner.
    No one has been banned for being foreign.

FYI, using the English mod IS a bannable offense. It's modifying the game files. So if you go posting screenshots of your translated game all over the place, you're giving butthurt Japanese players everything they need to report you.
    My money's on people not having the brains to realize the English Mod breaks the ToS because it modifies the game files and assume their ban was because they themselves weren't Japanese.
    Haha, you're pretty adamant about this aren't you? What would anyone have to gain from mindless fear mongering?

It's great you still have your account. And you're right; doing anything that tweaks the game does give you grounds for being banned. Thing is though, I haven't seen or heard of as many bans now as opposed to then. I even heard Japanese use the tweaker since official launcher sucks.

The way I see it is that they probably don't care about the foreign community anymore. Before like what everyone said, when the game was fresh, crazy stuff was happening. And that crazy stuff was a bunch of hacks from foreign players on the gaijin ship 2. I wouldn't be surprised if my friends happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and got banned for an offense they didn't commit.

The tos shouldn't give us any reason to fear a legit ban now unless we're guilty of messing with the game. I think they prohibit foreigners in their tos because different countries have different laws about things such as gambling (ac scratch) and money usage, so they don't want to be caught up officially in any of that. That, and they can't give customer service in any language except their own.

The Phantasy Star wiki! Celebrating over 1000 pages of Phantasy Star goodness~

I'll be honest, I need to read the ToS again. Cus I was sure nothing in there said we had to be playing in Japan.
    I mean just the idea of that alone is crazy, what if someone who played the game for years had to move to another country? They'd be forced to stop playing (if sega actually cared enough to check IPs).
    If it was REALLY the case, if it was ACTUALLY against ToS to play outside of Japan, why aren't they IP blocking the west? They did it for like a year or 2 after the DDoS attack, it shows they CAN do it. They also IP block SEA. So if it was really against ToS, they'd block western IPs and ban people using a VPN or Proxy to log in. That would make sense, as you're using 3rd party stuff to get past the block.

It actually was legit in the tos at the beginning. As for now, I couldn't tell you. If you can shed some light on that, that would be great for everyone in this thread and in general.

8. 本ゲームサーバーへの接続は、日本国内に存在する端末にインストールされたソフトウェアからの接続に限るも のとします。日本国外から直接接続をすること、及び日本国外から日本国内に所在する端末等を経由して接続す ることを禁止します。

Well would you look at that... logging in from outside Japan is prohibited after all. :|
    Well if it's any consolation, I've been playing PSO2 since the Japanese launch and haven't been banned once. We're so normal on the servers now that I see Japanese players giving instructions in English on the shared ship challenge missions without anyone being obviously western.

So you'll all be fine.
    If you want to be careful, just dont set your auto words to spam in English. I mean talking in English isn't a valid reason for being banned, English is just a language. As long as no one KNOWS you're not in Japan, you're fine. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.
    Last edited by Petunia; May 20, 2016 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petunia View Post
    If it was REALLY the case, if it was ACTUALLY against ToS to play outside of Japan, why aren't they IP blocking the west? They did it for like a year or 2 after the DDoS attack, it shows they CAN do it. They also IP block SEA. So if it was really against ToS, they'd block western IPs and ban people using a VPN or Proxy to log in. That would make sense, as you're using 3rd party stuff to get past the block.
    They never IP blocked western IPs lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    They never IP blocked western IPs lmao.
    After the DDoS no one could log in without a Proxy or VPN. If they didn't IP block western IPs, what did they do?

It wasn't an IP ban. It was a derp with yahoo japan. I'm not very good with these things so I'll just copy pasta an old quote from reddit.

Since the DDOS attacks back in the beginning of the summer since the game came back online most US ISPs cannot connect to PSO2. It is NOT an IP block, some 512 addresses are affected. The problem is with yahoo.jp not routing connections properly.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoCrispy View Post
    Haha, you're pretty adamant about this aren't you? What would anyone have to gain from mindless fear mongering?
    Actually the kind of things Petunia IS talking about did happen, I've also seen it happen in games other than PSO2. It's almost always butthurt hackers and exploiters complaining about it in those cases. The only thing that really needed to be corrected was the ToS thing.

Ah the script kiddos.

I just found the post amusing how they thought anyone saying people got banned for no reason were lying for the sake of lying about their hacks.