Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

I'll admit I've been disappointed in the lack of updates. Well, lack of quality updates. I've been waiting for items to finally appear on our servers for over a year in some cases. I just feel like there's not a whole lot for me to search for anymore. I'd love an agito, of course, but I've only ever seen one drop in 2 years. I keep paying my subscription fees but I sometimes wonder where they go. I still play with my friends from time to time, but we're all burnt out on the lack of new stuff. I hope every week that this will be an update that holds our attention. It's sad to go from total addiction to a game to indifference. I go for days now forgetting to log in for my coin. I guess it's become a bit like a marriage in crisis, I still love it, but things have gone stale. I keep seeing news updates that begin with the word "Phantasy" and click immediately, only to discover that it's about a new incarnation for another platform. I'm happy that it's expanding to more users, but could the attention shift back to all of us? We are the reason these new games are being developed. It just seems that they've only been paying token attention to us while developing these new ones. Hopefully the focus will expand to include us again soon.
    Last edited by Reyane; Oct 31, 2008 at 01:00 AM.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy...

general idea:
    -complain behind = not improving anything, just for enjoyment or harm that person in backstab way.
    -complain at front = ask a person to improve.

to Cracka_J If you think the PM is first then you didn't look here first then.
    PM is for clarify my point to you alone, because you indeed skip reading my past message and only quote for the few part. If you read it all since started you didn't misunderstand my goal.
    TO me, I spend my time to write that Q&A to give suggest to everybody who is complaining. So that is definitely not a waste of time. Since I know every complainer will always come back to look at this thread anyway. The job is done when they look the message I wrote. I don't care if they will continue worthless stuff or not. I already told you that is it one time advice. Unlike you, your rant message will not likely to be looked by developed team.

In any case, I thought you complain because you want this game to be better, but now you told me in PM that you want to make this game shutdown rather than this. Then your complain will not be useless anymore. Since it really an effective way to destroy beginner, just continue it as much as you want. I respect you, even you want the different ending than mine. I don't want server shutdown. and I will do what I can.
    Last edited by Arika; Oct 31, 2008 at 03:19 AM.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    I'm apparently being 'a cryer' and you were the one complaining about no Festival. Sorry, I find that pretty funny.

Sega moved offices months ago, there is no excuse for incompetence now. Besides, if you'd have read what I posted, I don't blame SoA for any of this. SoJ are the ones we get the updates from (which are then translated into Engrish), so I'm resting it squarely on SoJ.

I would comment on the rest (how it apparently would be 'too much to handle' putting updates on every Universe), but it's not even worth the effort. All I'll say is that the update team are paid to add updates to the server. It shouldn't matter if there's one Universe or 100.

tl;dr: We have a right to complain about service of this quality, and you must be blind to think otherwise.

Oh, and as I've now said on numerous occasions (protip: learn to read my posts), I ENJOY THE GAME. I hate the service that goes with it though. As Cracka pretty much took the words out of my mouth, let me echo it.

Show me ONE other online game that has:
    - Sci-fi setting
    - In-depth character creation
    - Ability to solo easily enough or party
    - Similar combat mechanics to PSU (this means no 'click on enemy, grab popcorn, watch battle, repeat until tired')
    Then, if you do find one, convince all my friends to play it too. I think you'll find we're happy with PSU itself, just not Sega's manhandling of it.

The only one that comes to mind except PSU is...PSO. I played PSO since 2003, I'd rather not play it any more.
    yes neith fair enough well why dont you complain then since your so up beat about it all because i no for a fact what would happen nothing would be sorted even if you did complain or not so thats why you havent bothered have you?

me and my fweinds playing the carnival x !!!

First:

Why am I the first post now? I didn't make this thread XD

Second:

There's little point complaining to Sega, because nothing will get done. People have tried that route- SoJ doesn't care. All that leaves is somewhere like this where people can vent their frustration at a great game going to waste because of various degrees of incompetence.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    First:

Why am I the first post now? I didn't make this thread XD
    Drag' moved all of that mess to a new thread.

Talking Please quit the cryin

The topic is just about update discussion not ANOTHER flame fest so please leave ST alone and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you are complaining about the game *coughs* then go play something else already. Fable 2 is awesome and you can have a 7 way!!! V
    The Deathmonger
    Main complaint about the game is that you can't kill everything. Secondary complaint is that the things you can kill don't suffer enough.
    Sample Quote: "Why can't I make the baker watch me kill his wife and child, then force-feed their flesh to him until his stomach bursts? What is this, Barbie's Horse Adventure?"
    Punishment: To be determined, pending DNA analysis of freezer contents.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGGIEstyle View Post
    Did you enjoy the game when you first started? Did you enjoy the game while you still had things to occupy your time? If so, then why not give them the same chance?
    I used to enjoy it when I first started, before AoTI, when it didn't take a few weeks to get to lvl 80+ (not counting events), when A rank weapons and meseta were harder to get, at lvl 40 - 50 I was getting my first 8* weapons, only got 9* around 60 - 70 (I started playing a few weeks before Cost of Research was released).
    About rares, S ranks, I'm not saying they should be as hard to get as on PSU v1, but not so easy that they're sold on players shops for less than store A ranks...In my opinion, maybe the rare rates for all missions (AoTI and v1) should be a bit lower than they are now on v1 missions and on events and GBRs like they are now on AoTI missions (maybe just a little bit higher).
    There's also JP getting S3 v1 missions with enemies 10 - 20 lvls below their current cap (well, at least lvl 140 - 160 enemies is alot better than leaving those missions with lvl 80 - 120 enemies)...
    *stops ranting*
    Oh well, to me it doesn't matter anymore...I'm gonna quit soon anyway (my account ends in like 3 weeks). I might come back for shred the darkness event, but after it I won't come back until at the very least ep3 chapter 7 and 8 are released (if the PC/PS2 servers are still alive by then).
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

It always confuses me when they split threads.

Meh, I find it hard to believe that were eight months behind, but I know it's a fact. I just don't want to believe it's gotten that bad. I stand by what I've said all along though that the events are the roots of all the problems. Think about it:

FB: fine (iirc)
    1UP: late
    Winter Festa: late
    MAG and MAG2: lol
    Carnival: late

What REALLY screwed us up was that the expansion has basically been event after event, and SOA just ain't good enough to keep up with it. ST seems to be having issues too, which is funny because they planned them. And it sucks because they can't not give us the events... imagine the complaints, but they can't leave us months behind either.

I think it's really shitty too because an expansion based on events was a terrible idea. Because some people lose their desire to level between events because they'd rather wait for the 250% experience, and people stop hunting and synthing for the same reason. I can guarantee you that the same BS will happen with the Shred The Darkness event, the one after, and MAG+ (lol). Then we'll be even further behind unless they do something drastic.
    Last edited by Kylie; Oct 31, 2008 at 11:42 AM.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
    Because some people lose their desire to level between events because they'd rather wait for the 250% experience, and people stop hunting and synthing for the same reason.

im 1 of them. ther is no point at all to lv upp normaly when u know ther is gonna be a BIG xp boost in events.

kinda wish they removed xp boosts from events.
    Retired PC/PS2 server caras:
    AUTARCH, M cast, Lv 147, FG/PT
    NORDLYS, M newman, LV141, AT
    Frozt, F beast, LV106, FF

Sadly Arika, the same argument can be made against the people trying to defend SEGA on either this board or the main boards.
    The people who so highly defend Sega against really any and all criticism - who see themselves as the paladins and vanguards of the game, saving it from the negativity which enshrouds it... they always seem to remind me of battered housewives who will continually come back to their abusive relationship. Sega only hits you because they love you, isn't that right?

The complainers seem more to me like the butched up militant dikes who have had it with their past abusive relationships and nag and whine incessantly about how evil men (Sega) are. Some go completely over the fence (those that quit), and some still get a little on the side.

Me, well I guess I'd say I'm one of those militant dikes who still get a little on the side on their own terms. I still like PSU, but as I've said before - I'm not about to sit back gently patting Sonic Team's hand and telling them it's alright everytime they shit their pants before making it to the bathroom. They're supposed to be professionals. They're supposed to be running a successful buisness. It's high time they started acting like it.

Also, as Neith pointed out - complaining does do some good. It's a vent, a release, for the frustrations fans and customers of the series who are dissatisfied with the service and the bludgeoning of their beloved phantasy by thick, dispassionate, and apathetic barbarians.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!