Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default JP PC/PS2 - upcoming AOTI update notice

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/...e=view&id=1036

PSU: Ambition of the Illuminus update notice
    This announcement is being made concerning an upcoming update to the current PS2/PC service of AOTI.

This update will introduce many completely new items, including weapons which appeared in previous installments of the Phantasy Star series, new clothes and more, totaling over 200 new items which will be added over time. Furthermore, "community course," a service which allows you to play without having to pay the monthly subscription fee, will be expanded. A variety of other features are planned, as well. Stay tuned to the official site for further details.

The next online event, GRM - Yohmei - TENORA: Gurhal's Greatest Battle, is set to begin in the last few weeks of December. Unlike previous events, this one will focus on more than a total monster kill count. Look forward to new items and a brand new event style thanks to the cooperation of Gurhal's big three weapon makers!

The target platform for this update is PC, though certain aspects of it will reflect in the PS2 version. We hope that you will continue to enjoy the world of AOTI for a long time thanks to the free PC client download as well as the graphical options available only for the PC.

AOTI update implementation summary
    * Implementation will start in the last few weeks of December, 2009.
    * Target platform is PC, though certain aspects will be available to PS2 players.
    * Stay tuned to the official site for further details.

Cool, I guess... more weapons, are always nice, and I'm somewhat interested to find out what the new style of event is.

That wand (rod?) is pretty badass, as is the axe. I don't recognize them, though. Are they from older Phantasy Star titles, or are they actually new designs?

I'm just saddened that it's (pretty much) all content that isn't available to PS2 players.

Interesting, really didn't see this one coming. Hopefully it'll add a little more variety to the game- the only reason I cancelled my account lately is because almost every mission has the same 'Defeat the [insert weaksauce boss]!' goal. There are a couple of exceptions, but the game is currently very linear. Perhaps an event like this could change that.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Quote Originally Posted by Astarin View Post
    That wand (rod?) is pretty badass, as is the axe. I don't recognize them, though. Are they from older Phantasy Star titles, or are they actually new designs?
    As far as I know, they're new designs, but I suppose it's possible they could be from PSP2. But yeah, that wand (I'm pretty sure it's a wand, at least) is awesome.

Sounds nice. I will try and keep up with this event to see what takes place.

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    GRM - Yohmei - TENORA: Gurhal's Greatest Battle
    Kubara wins again!

Sounds kind of interesting. Now, only if we have something like this on this side of the pond.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

This game does not lack items, it lacks new areas and monsters. They can add as many new items as they want, but people will eventually just be bored when going through the 100th mission of the linear line.

Do you think this is the start of the fall of PSU?
    Expanding the free parts of PSU stuff.

The event sounds interesting. I hope someone makes a video when they get it.