Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hiyami View Post
    NO NO ^
    Really 1 post? And this is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    story in my mmo rpg? Who cares.
    >Posting in a thread with people clearly interested in the story.

According to that 1-up article.

You are a new Arks member.
    Arks members are a group that work with the government to explore planets to find a new habitable world to colonize.
    The reason for this mission is that the "Darkers" have appeared. They are spore like creators that can attach to other animals and take them over making them very hostile and they apparently come from a different dimension.

If the common tropes of the PS universe continue... This 1000 years after PSU or PSO, more likely PSO. If the various timelines are correct then this is likely 10-12,000 years before PSU and is the beginning of the Falz species as "Seed"

The timeloop thing could be, and more than likely is, true because it is main feature of the PS franchise that the games all connect and all exist in some huge time loop

From a story line perspective I find it interesting that Dimian exist in the "caves" area. Dimians, as you guys should all remember are previously human/newman that were mutated. The large quantity of them, given that fact, is somewhat disconcerting.

There's been a leak! The final chapter!

Lisa takes over the ship and every mission involves you killing the things you already have been to give her candy so that she doesn't decide you're silly and kill you whilst giggling like a maniac.

Well, we all can confirm Matoi's existence, the little girl who seems to recognize you, but you can't recognize her. You end up finding her and unlocking Philia's client orders, so that means Philia is trying to hook you two up or something.

Quote Originally Posted by LokinModar View Post
    Shion is a scientist from vector industries. She is working in a Racaseal/Hucaseal named KOS-MOS. The darkers are the new form of the Gnosis.
    "one day, while searching for a planet, the ship is attacked and KOS-MOS jumps into action!!!" +^_^+

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    Shion's choice of word sounds like she's pulling them from a dictionary, which makes her feel like she's not actually a human.

The chapter we played hinted about time loop/time travel/Schrodinger's Cat/Virtue's Last Reward/etc.
    lol She isn't human. D:

Spoiler!

No way in hell any human could have a body like that(Legs/hands). :|

Space-water body. ;D

..I also really want to know the story so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    The chapter we played hinted about time loop/time travel/Schrodinger's Cat/Virtue's Last Reward/etc.
    How do those things even connect with each other?

Time Travel is needed for a Time Loop t occur.
    Schrodinger's Cat has nothing to do with time travel or anything like that
    I have no idea what you mean by "Virtue's Last Reward" from the wiki article I can guess you mean the outcome of the story is different based on your actions, but i haven't seen any evidence of that. I see you are able to respond how you want to some things, but it has virtually no effect on the story.

Does anyone else want to get rid of these annoying NPC main characters completely? In PSP you get stuck with Viviene, with Amilia in PSP2, Sarisa in PS-zero and now Afin!!?? Really they're going to force these idiots on us again?

I don't want to start a whole PSO versus current gen, but with PSO2 i really thought they were going to try and bring back the better aspects of the previous game while adding the new game play mechanics of the sequels for a better experience.

As far as PSO goes, the story was told in a really indirect manner. You were just a normal hunter, and the story was told through that. In the opening your given that pioneer 1 lost contact and you're on pioneer 2. You start off by helping a guy claim his land, then look for survivors, then do research on the local animals. Each quest contributes to the story indirectly and the design of the levels themselves lend to telling that story. You're able to see the central dome, the de rol le loose in the caves, mining drones that have gone wrong and a huge hole in the ruins made by something.

In PSO the story was the main focus and elements of design, music, art and gameplay progression all served as a method of telling that story. With these new games they shove some fucking asshat NPC and say, "yeah, this is your main character now follow him around you worthless shit".

Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    Really 1 post? And this is it?
    Says someone with multiple accounts, Who the fuck cares if I have one post? Lol that fact is what you said is terrible lol.