Page 423 of 684 FirstFirst ... 323373413420421422423424425426433473523 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 6832

Question OH NO

I wanted to have my auto-words show the emergency trial names in Japanese, so I did the "revert E-code name to Japanese" in tweaker options. But now the random NPC conversations during quests are all in Japanese, also the things that Koffie says to let me know that she has new client order is in Japanese. So I'm assuming all the NPC convos are back in Japanese now...

1) Is this a side effect of reverting the E-code names to Japanese?

2) I un-installed and re-installed EN patch, ran the "look for old/missing file" in troubleshoot, but it's still in Japanese. I have 7/16, 7/22, and 8/5 version dates for the 3 different kinds of patches so I'm assuming they are up-to-date. Does anyone know what's going on here?

3) Should I download the story patch again since it's problem with the NPC conversations?

4) What is the proper procedure if I want the emergency trial names to appear in Japanese in my auto-word when I use <et1>?

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    That's odd, and definitely not how it's supposed to behave. I'll poke agrajag and see if it's an issue on his side.
    Alright thx AIDA and please let me know once you have anything. I'm also gona try re-installing the story patch tonight and see if it'll get the NPC convos back to English. Btw did I choose the right option (revert E-code names to Japanese) if I want to have the emergency trial names appear in Japanese? Or is it something else?

How do i install the prepatch? After clicking the "Check for pre-patch updates" it downloads precede data (which is no where to be seen in my folder) and then within literally a second, it states 'installed'.
    Now, something tells me it shouldn't be THAT fast

Zerexes - 70 Hu / 70 Fi / 70 Br / 70 Ra / 70 Gu / 20 Fo / 40 Te / 54 Bo
    SHIP 7

zex plis. The prepatch is 1h18 mins away from my post. lift

「insert cool char name and lvl here」
    Ship 7
    Lazy in everything .-.

I wouldn't worry too much about doing it right away anyway. I just did, and now it's demanding it install the prepatch now (Which I'm sure will break many, many things) or it deletes the precede folder. Ijust force closed Tweaker via Task Manager, but the same prompt comes up every time I start Tweaker now unless I rename the precede folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Idolon View Post
    I can't find a post that explains what the "new method" is exactly, but it looks like they are now distributing a binary difference for each changed file instead of the entire file now. If so, the patch is now effectively a list of translated text strings and locations to insert them into the existing files. The tweaker appears to run a command line tool which applies the patch, translating each file in place. Also, that tools seems to take a bit more time to run than I would expect for just applying a binary difference, so it probably has to unpack each file, apply the difference, and repack it for this new method to work.
    Basically, does this mean we no longer have to re-download the whole story patch each time it updates?
    Almost 10 years later. Still forever sleep deprived.

Aida - I would suggest another option to be made available for the Pre-patch service of PSO2 Tweaker.

Cause when I used it and was done downloading the first pre-patch - it already asked me if I wanna install and if I select "NO" then it will delete the _precede folder. w8 wut?!

So yeah I had to make a backup of the _precede folder before selecting no.

Since we technically don't need the pre-patch files yet - so why should I install it now?

So yeah AIDA - please fix this... thanks!

Spoiler!
    [SHIP09 - Hagall] キャメロット - セイバー (Saber) || ダージリン (Darjeeling) || ミュセル・フォアラン (Myucel Foaran).

==============
    ARKS INSIDER Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/arksinsider/

Yeah AIDA, you just broke my PSO2 because I just kept clicking "yes" at every prompt, which apparently included to apply the Precede files and now I get a black screen upon starting...

Currently checking for all files...

Yeah, I fixed the issue that caused it to think you needed to install the prepatch just now - My apologies~

Quote Originally Posted by Limbo_lag View Post
    Basically, does this mean we no longer have to re-download the whole story patch each time it updates?
    Correct!