Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by quickasker View Post
    how does damage reduction work?
    There's also damage resistance from affixes and Unit's innate damage resist (below DFP number), I wonder if they also work just like the one from affixes as multiplier or something. if anyone got reference / link in swiki please share it, as i can't find anything yet

I wanted to know if damage reduction are somewhat worth it, unlike in old pso2 which only stacking +dmg +hp or +dmg +pp
    (i noticed that pp affix gives less power level though)
    The amounts of damage reduction we're getting per source aren't really worth focusing on with gear, since as far as I know they work like they did in classic, That being that they're multiplicative decreases to your damage taken, not a multipalicative damage resistance increase. So a 1% DR is multipling the damage you're taking by 0.99, and two would 0.99*0.99, which is like 98.01, the different isn't that big anyway, but there aren't damage resistance numbers that are big enough to make it worth focusing on over hp unless enemies start doing more than 500 or 1000 damage, but lol no one can survive 1000 damage without decking out with defensive stats anyway,

Recent damage reduction fixes article here https://pso2.jp/players/support/bugf...es_20220120_1/

I think it says it’s less efficient stacking multiple damage reduction affixes as they are calculated as multiplicative? A good defensive setup I am using is 600hp units and a quintel weapon with it’s 50% damage resist barriers, can survive most one hits in latest purple trigger

Damage Reduction is not worth it for lots of reasons, and not only due to its multiplicative nature:

1. Assuming a character with 500 MaxHP, an affix of 2% damage reduction (Guard III) is similar to adding 10 MaxHP (10.101010... but you get the idea), which is Stamina II. For 600 MaxHP, a 2% damage reduction is similar to 12.121212... MaxHP increase.

2. Increasing maxHP instead of damage reduction also increases the restoration of effect of Resta Sign, which helps everyone nearby (miniscule, but measureable)

3. Everything is absolutely avoidable. Sure, the amount of players who can perform perfect plays and complete entire EQs without getting hit even once is 1 in 100000, but increasing one's survivability over attack power is in the vast majority of cases negatively effecting their efficiency. Now if standing still and absorbing hits allowed a player to dish out more damage than when avoiding, then we would have a leg to stand on.

4. (somewhat tied to 3. but not exactly the same argument) The game is designed so that if something is supposed to be always avoided, then it deals enough damage so that it instantly kills even the absolute beefiest equipment+ability combinations we can think of. If something is not supposed to be always avoided, then it is almost as if it didn't hit at all. Resta signs are so plentiful and they also do not prohibit attack actions from taking place while using them. Sega has replaced the mechanic of "if you get hit you have to spend time recovering HP" with "if you get hit, you get knocked down or flinch".
    4b. If you see people dying, it's not because they did not have enough HP or damage reduction; it's because they neglected using a Resta sign when they got hit, or they simply did not avoid anything and run out of Resta signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    3. Everything is absolutely avoidable. Sure, the amount of players who can perform perfect plays and complete entire EQs without getting hit even once is 1 in 100000, but increasing one's survivability over attack power is in the vast majority of cases negatively effecting their efficiency. Now if standing still and absorbing hits allowed a player to dish out more damage than when avoiding, then we would have a leg to stand on.

4. (somewhat tied to 3. but not exactly the same argument) The game is designed so that if something is supposed to be always avoided, then it deals enough damage so that it instantly kills even the absolute beefiest equipment+ability combinations we can think of. If something is not supposed to be always avoided, then it is almost as if it didn't hit at all. Resta signs are so plentiful and they also do not prohibit attack actions from taking place while using them. Sega has replaced the mechanic of "if you get hit you have to spend time recovering HP" with "if you get hit, you get knocked down or flinch".
    4b. If you see people dying, it's not because they did not have enough HP or damage reduction; it's because they neglected using a Resta sign when they got hit, or they simply did not avoid anything and run out of Resta signs.
    this doesnt apply to me but if you're bored enough I'd like you to put an argument for Gigantix because I guarantee you this is going to be the main source at why someone would reply back for why they chose to do Dmg Reduction fixas over HP, choice in specific units, choice in affixes etc.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Damage Reduction is not worth it for lots of reasons, and not only due to its multiplicative nature:

Yes damage reduction is not worth it but it is a lot cheaper than the hp options, I got the add guards capsules instead for new units cause half price.. lol

So now I’ve been using full +50 シュヴァル set with no fixas and quintel boots with fixa atk 3 on my Bo.Fi, stats are 570hp 136pp and 11.4% power on every equipment. With シャッキx10 food in aelio purple (no techter), I survived dragons flaming super jump with 36hp left at the price of getting lol’d at by my party for surviving that attack..

what is the potential of the cirquem weapons ? got 5 weapons in this week :P

the armors of Aelio rank 3 : does those have a big difference compared to rank 2 .
    for example : Viert armor Alga vs Viphs armor Alga

thanks for responses, oh well the dmg reduction part are just kind of bonus I guess, since it's cheaper(the main reason I bought the capsules). good to know if it's multiplicative
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    what is the potential of the cirquem weapons ? got 5 weapons in this week :P
    (...)
    personally i think cirquem isn't worth it from someone who plays only about 1 hour per day

Lv1: +18% Power, +1% PP reduction and resta hp recovery based on your weapon and unit affix counts (max at 15%)
    Lv2: +20% Power, +1% PP reduction and resta hp recovery based on your weapon and unit affix counts (max at 15%)
    Lv3: +22% Power, +1% PP reduction and resta hp recovery based on your weapon and unit affix counts (max at 15%)
    Lv4: +26% Power, +1% PP reduction and resta hp recovery based on your weapon and unit affix counts (max at 15%)

Lv1 need 150 photon scale
    Lv2 need 200 photon scale
    Lv3 need 300 photon scale
    Lv4 need 600 photon scale, so that's 1250 total

you may substitute using N-潜在能力解放代用材/Lv.1/2/3 (total cost like 7~8 mil in ship 9, not sure on other ship), but then you still need 600 photon scales to unlock the last level
    Is coffee good for you?

thanks for responses, oh well the dmg reduction part are just kind of bonus I guess, since it's cheaper(the main reason I bought the capsules). good to know if it's multiplicative
    --

personally i think cirquem isn't worth it from someone who plays only about 1 hour per day

Lv1: +18% Power, +1% PP reduction and resta hp recovery based on your weapon and unit affix counts (max at 15%)
    Lv2: +20% Power, +1% PP reduction and resta hp recovery based on your weapon and unit affix counts (max at 15%)
    Lv3: +22% Power, +1% PP reduction and resta hp recovery based on your weapon and unit affix counts (max at 15%)
    Lv4: +26% Power, +1% PP reduction and resta hp recovery based on your weapon and unit affix counts (max at 15%)

Lv1 need 150 photon scale
    Lv2 need 200 photon scale
    Lv3 need 300 photon scale
    Lv4 need 600 photon scale, so that's 1250 total

you may substitute using N-潜在能力解放代用材/Lv.1/2/3 (total cost like 7~8 mil in ship 9, not sure on other ship), but then you still need 600 photon scales to unlock the last level
    i think for a talis might be worth , thanks for the answer

has anyone unlocked the new shop title for the additional window menu?

300 hours and 10 mil meseta are easy to understand.

but the 2nd part, Buy from my shop 500+ times, does this count per transaction or based on item total?

If it's based on item count probably just buying n-grinder are easier..
    or buy n-grinder for 500 times (duh)
    Is coffee good for you?

has anyone unlocked the new shop title for the additional window menu?

300 hours and 10 mil meseta are easy to understand.

but the 2nd part, Buy from my shop 500+ times, does this count per transaction or based on item total?

If it's based on item count probably just buying n-grinder are easier..
    or buy n-grinder for 500 times (duh)

I can confirm that it's 500 separate transactions. Take example, buying a stack of an augment capsule counts as 1, while buying 3 of them, one at a time, counts as 3. Buying different items at the same time will still count as just 1 also. It's tedious, but that's how it works.