Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default pspo2i on vita: will this work? (questions)

So i was thinking About getting pspo2i again but i dont have a psp.
    I have a vita so i have a few questions:
    - if i make a Jpn psn account, will i be able to download pspo2i and play it online? (On vita)
    - how much is pspo2i in the store atm?
    - is it worth it? Do ppl still play online?

Thanks
    PSPo2i:
    Axiom: Cast RB4 lv100 HU50/RA50/FO50/VA50
    Sen: Newman RB1 lv155 HU1/RA6/FO37/VA1

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
    So i was thinking About getting pspo2i again but i dont have a psp.
    I have a vita so i have a few questions:
    - if i make a Jpn psn account, will i be able to download pspo2i and play it online? (On vita)
    - how much is pspo2i in the store atm?
    - is it worth it? Do ppl still play online?

Thanks
    The answer to your first question is No. To my knowledge there is absolutely no way to play PSP2I on Vita. If there is a way it is in CFW for the PSP emulator in the Vita or Vita CFW.

None of the PSP games are compatible with the Vita and are limited to the PSP. The game is 5,040 from what I can find on the JP PS site, so rougly $50 from the PS store.
    Last edited by blace; Dec 9, 2013 at 03:33 PM.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I am playing PSPo2i on the Vita right now. They released a CFW for the latest version 3.01.

It's really awesome. =)
    Especially since the right stick means no more clawing.
    Vanguard Race Guide ~ Japanese DLC In All Regions
    Announcement from SEGA: There are minor delays on ships 1~10 due to a signal failure. All other lines are running a good service.

That's only if you run CFW for the PSP emulator on the Vita, the game doesn't work without it otherwise.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Whats a cfw? And how do i use it?
    Do you need a Japanese vita to play psp2i?
    Can i play psp2i on a US psp or does it have to be a Japanese psp?
    One more question do if i where to buy a Japanese vita will i be able to play pso2 in the us(multiplayer)?
    Last edited by iC3 lightning; Jan 16, 2014 at 12:10 AM.

CFW is a type of firmware that is basically a work around of the default firmware pre-installed on the system, in this case the PSP and Vita.

Normally, PSP2i won't work with the Vita for whatever reason Sega has, but using CFW you can get it to run on the system.

Now, the answer to your question about PSO2 can be found here in the PSO2 board.

Be aware that if you want to play it on the Vita you must import the cartridge version of the game, otherwise if you wish to download the game, you must be signed in under a JP PSN ID in order to play and must stay logged in on that ID.

I'm interested to learn how Izuma got the CFW to work with Vita and PSP2i, after all these attempts to get it to work.

It would certainly lighten my load in my bag so I can carry one system instead of two.

But my only concern is that can the DLC work on it? I couldn't live without Gurhal Heroes and the lack of Infinity Codes to begin with.
    Time moves faster where I'm standing.

It might work, but the DLC for the game was locked and unavailable when I tried looking for the game. May be different now, but you can give it a try.

Actually, PSPo2i has been on sale on JP PSN for a while so you can get it for 500yen until feb.19