Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Do you ever worry about getting "Banned"?

As we all know, SEGA Japan is very stingy about us burger-people playing PSO2. And sometimes I wonder. They have to know that ship 2 is pretty much almost all English players right? Or do they just think we're all japanese players who also speak english? (highly unlikely of course but still)

What do you think?

I don't think they care TOO much. I'm positive they do know Ship 2 is a very english like ship as they have the Dark Falz Girls visit every ship and yes Ship 2 is even one of those shps they've been too.

The thing is though, I don't believe Sega will care as long as there isn't anything too disruptive going on or as long as they aren't notified directly.

For instance you can be running around block 1 spamming whatever you wanna spam in nearby chat and you'll be fine. But the moment you e-mail their support asking for help. You just put yourself in their radar and if they find out you're not inside the Japan residence, they will ban you for breaking their ToS.

Sega has also tried kicking out non-JP players by having their security block out Tweaker (Which has a work around now). However I don't know why they haven't employed an IP-Block or why the first IP-Block was even lifted, there maybe something preventing them from doing that, which we don't know or do know and I just don't know myself the reason why. But whatever it is, that one rock is what's saving us from getting locked out of PSO2.

TLDR: Don't do anything that'll draw Sega's support attention directly to you via e-mailing them for anything that would require them to look at your IP. (Such as account issues ect) and for the most part you should be fine.

I always play knowing the ban hammer is looming above me at all times. I'm 100% sure Sega is well aware westerners are playing on their server, if they wanted to do something about it, I'm sure they would have by now.

There is always possibility of them shutting their doors on us at any moment, but that's the way it is when playing a game that isn't sanctioned for us to play. Without having to give any support for us, they can freely obtain revenue for the few that does purchase AC, meanwhile if "gaijin" situation does get out of hand, I'm sure they will react to the best interest of their people.

Meanwhile know all of that, just don't do anything stupid and you should be fine.

I try to regularly remind myself that it's a possibility. At this point, I'm pretty well convinced they don't care that we're here seeing as they must be aware of our presence by now, but all the same, it's good to remember that, as non JP players, we're entitled to nothing. That's what made it easy for me to accept our temporary exile after the DDoS fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by yukiyuki View Post
    I always play knowing the ban hammer is looming above me at all times.
    That's the same way I think. I just play to enjoy my time while playing and if something happens to cause sega to drop the ban hammer then I'd move on. I'd be a bit sad but in the end it's a game and any time and money I put into the game was for my enjoyment of it.

It doesn't cross my mind as much as It should. Out of sight, out of mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    No one wants to see your Space Whale of a character doing Rodeo Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Yden View Post
    That's the same way I think. I just play to enjoy my time while playing and if something happens to cause sega to drop the ban hammer then I'd move on. I'd be a bit sad but in the end it's a game and any time and money I put into the game was for my enjoyment of it.
    Haha yeah, it's unfortunate that it's the way it is but we just have to go with what we have. Just don't worry about the ban too much and just live as much of the PSO2 life as you can and just have fun.

I stopped worrying after playing for a year. I know players who have been playing for 3 years AND use hacks that have yet to get banned. so, nope, not worried. I would believe a full IP block over banning.

I think they're tolerating us so they don't risk losing sega customers when they release things over here.

I stopped worrying about getting banned after playing for so long.
    There's no point playing while worrying something like that anyway, it'll just prevent yourself from enjoying the game.

Just play the game by their book and you'll be fine.