Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

xbox 360 controller hands down the best

the logitech 710 also let's you do remapping. But the program itself is non-substantial. But if u are using it for pso2.it's not erally a prob forany controller .since u can map keys in the game itself.
    it all rounds down to 1 point : u want it wireless or wired

The Razer Sabertooth is indeed the best controller currently available. The best thing about it is the four back buttons. The second best thing is the 6 shoulder buttons. When you use the Sabertooth, you can easily reach and use every button on the controller. Combine this with Joy2Key software and you can put every single function on your controller and quickly access it.

Unfortunately, all Sabertooths are defective. The problem is the left and right bumpers. It's not a matter of IF, but of WHEN one of them will break. I've been using Sabertooth controllers since Jan 2013 and I am on my 8th one. That's right, 7 of them had a bumper break.

Thankfully, the Sabertooth comes with a one year warranty. Razer is overall good but a tad slow when it comes to getting a replacement controller. From the moment your controller breaks, it will take a couple of weeks before you get a replacement.

If you do decide to go with the Sabertooth, there is only one way to do it. You have to buy 2 Sabertooths, so you have one to use while you are trying to get the other replaced. This will cost you $200 per year, plus $5 every time a controller breaks due to shipping charges.

Despite all of the bullshit, when the Sabertooth is working, it's the best controller ever. Good luck.
    Quit PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Rexob View Post
    I used a standard 360 controller for a while and then got the Razer Sabertooth which I like a lot. The Razer Sabertooth cannot add button functions, but it does allow the user to remap buttons to 6 extra buttons which are incredibly helpful - The Sabertooth is fairly pricey though if just buying for one game. I use mine for a variety of games and do not mind, but otherwise a standard 360 isn't bad, and I personally have never liked the dualshock design or feel.
    I'm pretty paranoid so I find the fact that the two sticks aren't symmetrical slightly bothering.

Yes I mostly just want a few more buttons for the index finger so I can do L4(?) + button and R4 + button for sub-palettes.

What I'm worried about Sabertooth is the quality, from a number of people they seemed to be awfully fragile and sticks go offcenter often.

I'm getting a new pad because my old one is breaking down anyways, might as well as get one that is most useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    The Razer Sabertooth is indeed the best controller currently available. The best thing about it is the four back buttons. The second best thing is the 6 shoulder buttons. When you use the Sabertooth, you can easily reach and use every button on the controller. Combine this with Joy2Key software and you can put every single function on your controller and quickly access it.

Unfortunately, all Sabertooths are defective. The problem is the left and right bumpers. It's not a matter of IF, but of WHEN one of them will break. I've been using Sabertooth controllers since Jan 2013 and I am on my 8th one. That's right, 7 of them had a bumper break.

Thankfully, the Sabertooth comes with a one year warranty. Razer is overall good but a tad slow when it comes to getting a replacement controller. From the moment your controller breaks, it will take a couple of weeks before you get a replacement.

If you do decide to go with the Sabertooth, there is only one way to do it. You have to buy 2 Sabertooths, so you have one to use while you are trying to get the other replaced. This will cost you $200 per year, plus $5 every time a controller breaks due to shipping charges.

Despite all of the bullshit, when the Sabertooth is working, it's the best controller ever. Good luck.

Sure sounds like a load of BS... Maybe would be faster if I buy from a retail store but having to replace them definitely puts me off.
    Last edited by GradationAir; Oct 1, 2013 at 09:21 PM.

lol geta expensive controller only to know that it has a chance to break ><
    "i arent got no time for that!"
    the controller i am using last me for so long
    the only defect is the battery .

gotta change it every 3`4 months due to long hour useage,
    setting wise is just like a PS3 dual shock.
    controller comes with 2 mode .so u can either use set 1 or set 2 with a click of the mode button

R/L 2 requires a bit more pressure to press though.maybe they know that ppl will be spamming it so the spring within is more stronger then normal PS3 controller. u can go check out the specs . and to top it off.it's way cheaper then those branded ones :3
    but if u are rich go for the brands then

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka20 View Post
    lol geta expensive controller only to know that it has a chance to break ><
    "i arent got no time for that!"
    the controller i am using last me for so long
    the only defect is the battery .

gotta change it every 3`4 months due to long hour useage,
    setting wise is just like a PS3 dual shock.
    controller comes with 2 mode .so u can either use set 1 or set 2 with a click of the mode button

R/L 2 requires a bit more pressure to press though.maybe they know that ppl will be spamming it so the spring within is more stronger then normal PS3 controller. u can go check out the specs . and to top it off.it's way cheaper then those branded ones :3
    but if u are rich go for the brands then
    I'm mostly interested in multiple shoulder buttons, but if there are no viable solutions I'd just get another DS3... or wait for DS4?

Dual Shock 4 has less buttons than the Dual Shock 3. The Xbox One controller has the same amount of buttons as the Xbox 360 controller. I am very disappointed with both of these. How come no one added back buttons like on the Sabertooth?

The only new controller that looks interesting is the one from Steam.
    Quit PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    Dual Shock 4 has less buttons than the Dual Shock 3. The Xbox One controller has the same amount of buttons as the Xbox 360 controller. I am very disappointed with both of these. How come no one added back buttons like on the Sabertooth?

The only new controller that looks interesting is the one from Steam.
    I thought the touchpad count as 2 buttons, and digital inputs are much more responsive than 3's analog. I also believe trackpads will be a big flop, though that's just me.

I've been switching between my PS1 and PS2 dualshock controllers, they both work really well, and I remember being impressed at how well the default controls worked when I used them during Alpha.

The adapter was some 2$ thing I got off Ebay, but it hasn't broken at all in the ~4 years I've been using it.

I didn't have the option of the PS3 controller back then though, so maybe that's a better option. I'd stick with Dualshock 2 though, just because it's pretty cheaps and I like the weight, not too heavy, not too light.

Interesting.... (not really)
    lol, i figured that i would be the only one who uses the wiiU game tablet
    Anyway, i have literally no problems seeing as all my F nd number keys are on the tablet screen and i can just tap them for quick use.
    and I can add other buttons to the screen to tap also, its the best game controller i have ever used for PC games
    just stupid crazy to set up, and some times annoying because i have to change the setup for each game (and some times i forget)

Edit: oh and its 4-5hr (some times 6hrs!!) battery life kinda sucks... but you CAN play with the charger plunged in, but its not a very long cord... :/
    Last edited by xEchidna; Oct 2, 2013 at 12:30 AM.
    In days of peace, in nights of war
    Even if evil were for to return
    The Light will shine forever more
    So let those who have the daylight spurned
    Tread not where my flame has burned!.
    - Me