Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Starting a new character Force in PSU is easier than PSO, you just need some spare rods (create extra newman for them) to complete any mission doing awesome damage compared to other classes, but in PSO you hardly gain money to buy fluids, and you DON'T have the money to make a MIND Mag, the damage may be the same, but you run out of TP very fast and as you lvl monofluids are not enough and difluids dry your money very fast... (I just spent all my money in parties and then hunted for rappies in offline mode to be able to play online again...)

I can't talk of harder lvls since I haven't played them much in any of the games, but I've always heard of the Damage Cancel and why RA technics where a pain to the party in ultimate...

Gameplay wise, in PSO they auto aimed and nuked the whole room, but they where not very powerful, and PSO control is not so good compared to PSU, sidesteping and moving the camera freely is great using techniks (aiming in PSO is a pain...)

I've recently gotten into PSO, and I think that certain aspects of the game are easier than in PSU. Some thing are harder, and some things are funner as well. However, it's not really comparable to me. There are too many differences between the games, and you're setting yourself up if you're expecting one to be anything like the other.
    Last edited by Kylie; Aug 15, 2008 at 01:06 PM.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

i found that in PSO the debuffs would really make everything easy

same can be said for PSU, but who uses debuffs? some use def down, some even eva/agi down, but who has atk down?

in high damage rooms in PSO you couldn't keep up healing the damage until your debuffs were in place

use the eva/agi and def buffs, then the atk and agi/eva debuffs and you will only be killed by megid like everyone else (uh, something about armor, too)

PSU has techers with nerfed buffs/debuffs, which IS an additional challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious-G View Post
    Falz? A force making it that far has my respect.
    I wouldn't go that far. It was pretty easy to make it to Falz on Ult. Even underleveled (I believe I was only level 120 the first I made it past the Chaos Bringers in the last room of the Ruins). It was just very time consuming. Basically you ran out of the room and spammed techs, then ran back into the room while the techs were doing their thing. The hardest things to fight were Garantz (Shinowa Gold was a PITA too), Chaos Sorcerers, Chaos Bringers and Falz himself. The Sil Dragon, De Rol Le, and Vol Ops v.2 weren't a big deal if you knew their patterns (come on, who made it to ultimate without knowing their patterns? Even V.2 with his random pounders wasn't much of a challenge.)

The problem with Falz is he was impossible to beat unless you had enough HP (Grants).

*edit* looks like I was a bit late with this argument. Should have read the rest of the thread first.
    Last edited by desturel; Aug 15, 2008 at 02:08 PM.

Tech resists. Ultimate. Online.

Yes, a "weakness" means you only take a 60% hit to your damage.

At least on PSU, you can effectively damage enemies with techs. On PSO...well. Try killing an Ultimate online Chaos Bringer with techs. Before it kills you.

Against that, the whole "lol I have to use 2x as many Digas to kill big stuff" rant really doesn't compare.

The thing I didnt like about PSO force was how many spells you could have for shortcuts at a time. Well I played on the xbox version, and BB seemed to fix that

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    i remember force being extremely good in psobb. FOnewearl was the best char overall. only some parts of ep4 gave us trouble, otherwise we totally slaughtered the monsters very fast. for those of you complaining about forces being weak, did you know all the monster element weaknesses and take full advantage of tech boosting items?

pso was a lot easier for forces compared to psu. even soloing dark falz on multimode ultimate as a a lv 81 fonewearl was doable w/o any deaths if you were good enough. having good gear in pso really made a huge difference both for offense and defense.
    When enemies takes around only 150-200 dmg, when having lv 30 techniques, max MST using the right element.
    That means something is wrong, so i canīt really say that Forces slaughter things then.
    Episode 2 is the prime target for the unfair elemental defences.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Quote Originally Posted by darkante View Post
    When enemies takes around only 150-200 dmg, when having lv 30 techniques, max MST using the right element.
    That means something is wrong, so i canīt really say that Forces slaughter things then.
    Episode 2 is the prime target for the unfair elemental defences.
    150-200 dmg sounds like the wrong element or poor gear.

Proper element + psychowand/agni/indra/dagon + red/blue/yellow/raseries merges was 300-400 dmg on online, and 700-800 on single player. Not the best damage per attack in the world but seeing as you could fire a Ra every second and stuff only had around 3k hp you could mow through it pretty fast, especially since you didn't need to wait for it to clump together like a hunter. And except for psychowand, that gear is hella trivial to get, especially via trading online, offline not so much, but offline you don't need anything to dominate with a force.

And seeing as the main difficult stage in ep2 was seabed, where Megid was rather effective on the most dangerous stuff (morphos / deldepth / sinows) then yeah, Force (or rather fonewearl, the rest couldn't tech for shit) was rather well off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post

Proper element + psychowand/agni/indra/dagon + red/blue/yellow/raseries merges was 300-400 dmg on online, and 700-800 on single player. Not the best damage per attack in the world but seeing as you could fire a Ra every second and stuff only had around 3k hp you could mow through it pretty fast, especially since you didn't need to wait for it to clump together like a hunter. And except for psychowand, that gear is hella trivial to get, especially via trading online, offline not so much, but offline you don't need anything to dominate with a force.

And seeing as the main difficult stage in ep2 was seabed, where Megid was rather effective on the most dangerous stuff (morphos / deldepth / sinows) then yeah, Force (or rather fonewearl, the rest couldn't tech for shit) was rather well off.
    A hunter (specially Hucast) can do dmg, zillion times faster with just a Charge Mechgun.
    Rangerīs best weapon is teh cheap Spread Needle, raping everything.
    Mechgun and freezing foes actually made everything easy peacy.

That is what they can do.

I mean, you shouldnīt need max on everything as a force to do decent dmg to enemies when comparing to other classes.

Although, Megid works wonders on some things on Episode 2 which made up much for the elemental defence, which i assume is why everyone loves Fonewearl more for the Megid penetrating through the enemies on a line. =P
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post

Tower. And Megid was only effective on Sinow Zele. Sinow Zoa liked to use your face for a punching bag. Don't forget Delbiter, too.

And Mericarols. And Gibbles. Both in CCA. Those numbers are a bit high. Go and play around with the tech damage calculator a bit. Like, for example...

Against an Ill Gill, using a Fonewearl with level 30 Foie, max MST, Foie Merge and Club of Laconium (ie: maximum possible damage you'll get out of a tech, using the highest-damaging simple tech against a fire-'weak' enemy), you're going to do 511 damage per shot.

Ill Gills have 4160 HP online. Along with a dash, an instant-death scythe attack and two different flavors of immobilizing scythe. Plus a mid-ranged smoke that can root you to the ground. Against that, try getting off the 9 Foies you need to kill one of them before you get splattered.

And remember, at your absolute best, you'll need 9 Foies. If you've got less than max MST, less than level 30 Foie, or decide to actually use a shield that boosts your resists, DFP or EVP, it will take more than 9.

And the Ill Gill won't be the only thing shooting at you. For another example, try Mericarol. With the maximum possible damage boosts (max MST, Mace of Adaman, Fonewearl, Barta Merge), you'll be doing 621 a shot. At your maximum potential, that's 10 Bartas to kill a Mericarol. It has a homing, ranged, instant kill attack that you cannot defend against, except by dodging. And if you get close, it has an instant-death ring of smoke it can launch. Good luck getting off those Bartas.

Most of the "techs did good damage" stuff is comparing against weakling grunts like Boomas. If you were up against anything that's actually a threat, techs got nerfed hard.