Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Ok, so the time has come for Cube to make a very important decision...

My PS2 has been long broken... water leaked on it from it being in storage, and is now ruined.

I need another system... as an avid gamer, and as a strong Nintendo loyalist I find it necessary to own as many systems as possible... I love Nintendo, and i still believe that the Gamecube is (well, will be with the new games coming this season)the best next Gen. console... But I can't have just one console any longer... I need another system to fend me off when I’m waiting for Mario after I’m done with Eternal Darkness... to help me fill in my cravings for star fox after im tired of Animal Forest Plus,and so on...

So here I am... contemplating purchasing a system from a company I hate the most... Microsoft..

Ya, I'm thinking of purchasing an Xbox. For 5 reasons...

#1) My biggest disgust with the Xbox was it's controller... it took a bad controller (the DC) and made it worse... But now with the S controller, it's not THAT bad anymore..

#2) Halo. Cube loves FPS's... and I hear HALO is a good one... So, I'm thinking of getting it.

#3) Sega games... This is probably the greatest reason for my to purchase an Xbox... Not because of MSofts sorry ass first party games, but because of the sick sega support... I want PD:O, TJ&E III my fav genesis game, I want Gunvalkrye! I want JSRF...

#4) IF I buy it, it will be bought used for one reason.. I truly want this system to fail, so MS can learn a lesson.. and buy purchasing it used I will not be increasing the systems user base.. so that makes me feel a little better...

#5)I have always owned all Generation systems... During the NES wars i had a master system, during the SNES wars I had a genesis, during the last gen wars I had a 64, a PS1, and a Saturn, this Gen I own a Gamecube, a Dreamcast, use to own a PS2 ... Now I think I need an Xbox.. even though I hate the system... I love the sega games...

So there... I may get an Xbox... OR I may just purchase another PS2... but right now the PS2 2003 lineup doesn’t look so great... I can sell all 5 of my PS2 games and probably buy a used Xbox...

Eventually If I buy an Xbox ill get a PS2 or if i get a PS2 ill get an Xbox... but which first? Any suggestions? I need another system to sit my Gamecube atop. Im not a bias nintendo fan boy like many of you may assume.. I just prefer Nintendo games over most, and I still dislike msoft… very, very much…

So which is it PS2 or Xbox?

...just dont change your name to box

On 2002-07-03 14:48, Cube wrote:
    #4) IF I buy it, it will be bought used for one reason.. I truly want this system to fail, so MS can learn a lesson.. and buy purchasing it used I will not be increasing the systems user base.. so that makes me feel a little better...
    That is possibly the most saddest thing I've ever heard you say.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

I say don't buy it, because if you are THAT vindictive against Microsoft, you don't even deserve to use the system.

Fanboy
    Look, he did it again.

lol cube wants to it to fail, if it cuz there a big business who have no interest then he shudnt buy a ps2 either cuz that what sony r.

But by Cube buying a used X-Box, he's going to teach MS a lesson ... somehow.

How that lesson will be taught? Beats the fuck out of me, he's still going to buy software for it.

And, really, Microsoft has more than enough money so that even if the X-Box did fail, they wouldn't even worry about it.

But if one person buying a used system is your entire battle plan, you need to go back to the drawing board!

I plan on doing the same. hehe That makes two.

On 2002-07-03 15:23, MarkXIII wrote:
    I plan on doing the same. hehe That makes two.
    Once again, I say, sad.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2002-07-03 15:56 ]</font>

Hey, you want it, then go with it. No one is going to say it's a bad decision. I don't see myself getting X-Box soon, but I don't see it as a bad decision if you do get it.

PS2 consoles are always broken... I wonder why... The first thing that usually dies is the internal power supply... the fuse inside remains *intact*... but the power supply burns >_< How crappy hardware design.

As for you doubt... I'd say go for anotherPS2... maybe used, since:

1. You already own one, so maybe you can replay the titles you have.
    2. There will be some nice games for PS2... the one I'm expecting more is auto modellista ^_^;