Conversation Between LK1721 and CelestialBlade

306 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast
  1. I can literally stand up with my entire weight and no support. I know I'm not supposed to do any walking yet, so I haven't but I assume I'll be hobbling around soon after they take the screw and pins out on Monday.

Yeah, having a simple costume or something of the sort is good for the last day since you don't have to spend as much time putting everything on and getting ready. My mom convinced me to make Nisha's jacket out of REAL leather and make the sleeve detachable since it is something I would legitimately wear. I've currently been working on covering the hat to match the maroon on her jacket. I should be able to order my contacts and wig within the next few weeks or so. I'm kind of limited as to what I can do currently but eh, every bit is progress.

I'll probably end up hacking the sleeves off of it to make a vest that I can wear over my leather jacket. *w* I love shopping for fall clothes so much. Jackets, sweaters, boots, literally all of my favorite clothes that make me wish it was ETERNALLY AUTUMN. Sheer tops are literally the best thing ever for hot weather, yes.
  2. No worries on the reply, I'm happy you can stand again! How much weight can you put on it? Think you'll be able to reliably walk soon?

Actually, multiple costumes is a good idea...I could always work on something else that's simple, and then bring out Hitomi on a Sunday or something. I still really love that costume so I don't see me retiring it anytime soon XD I'm trying to narrow down some ideas for what to do next, so we'll see. Hope you can get going on the Borderlands costume soon!

You love dem jackets :3 That one's pretty cool, give it lots of cool patches and studs! I am three years older than it, wow XD I need to start looking at some new fall clothes, but man am I loving the new summer stuff I went with this year. As a normal wearer of tight, form-fitting stuff (especially tanktops), I'm surprisingly loving the loose off-shoulder tops and the flowy sheer tops that are popular this year.
  3. Oh yeah, hypoglycemia would definitely do that. XD My reply is super late, but in other news, I CAN STAND UNASSISTED! Haven't even dared to walk yet since they haven't told me that I can, and they have yet to remove the hardware from my feet.

You could do both! Lots of people will wear different costumes each day (if you go for multiple days) and others just work really hard on one costume and wear it for most of the weekend. I'm usually the latter due to PERFECTIONIST tendencies. Which isn't going to really be a thing for my Borderlands costume too badly because frankly not walking makes gathering things to work on it a pain. Kim Possible would be a cool one! <_< I've always wanted to dress up as Shego myself.

I looked up pictures online after the fact out of curiosity. OF THE IDEAS I HAVE HAD THAT WERE BAD, THAT IS ONE OF THEM. On another note, I picked up a new jacket and back patch (which is older than I am, 1988.) to have some sort of project to keep me occupied when I'm not sewing with my mom. http://i.imgur.com/Mffb4kZ.jpg going to stud this baby with brass hardware and replace the crappy silver buttons to match. I'm also going to hide a Sailor Moon patch on there because NO ONE CAN STOP ME.
  4. You may have the appetite of a small bird, but I have one of a moderately-sized dinosaur, so I'm pretty sure I'd die XD Even being broke during college, food is the one thing I couldn't skimp on or I'd pass out in no time. Stupid hypoglycemia. And I'd say biking or swimming would be great exercises for you, given that they're low-impact. Pretty hilarious that your feet are basically taped up, but it sure beats sutures.

Cosplaying was SO fun, yes XD I can't decide if I want to go ahead and try a new costume for my next con, or roll out Hitomi again while working on something more long-term. The Kim Possible chick was awesome, and I love the more simple costumes as they tend to be the most accurate (it was her default black shirt outfit). I think I could totally pull off that costume too :P And I don't recall the names of the cons, kinda waiting to hear back from my friends who are handling the hotel reservations, but they are some of the larger ones so they should be a lot more interesting.

I have this morbid fascination with the pictures you send me, so don't worry XD That's one hell of an incision, prooooobably not an operation I'd be able to watch o_o
  5. Physical therapy seems to depend on both the doctor and myself. From what I've read on other people's experiences, there are plenty who just didn't have any formal physical therapy and did totally fine. He's been having me stretch my middle toes since they were used to sitting on top of my big toes which is kind of like physical therapy. My thighs haven't actually degenerated because I drag myself around in an office chair over carpet. My calves are pretty squishy but I haven't found anything that exercises those without weight bearing. It probably wouldn't be that bad since I like to sit pretty in the courtyard (con is in fall so the weather is usually my kind of weather), people watch, and talk with friends. As for feet washy, I'm waiting until the suture holes to close up in a few days, then I will probably clean around the areas covered in skin tape. Funny to think that my feet are effectively being held together with TAPE at this moment. The guy is great, we talk about comics and anime and video games every time I visit so it makes everything much less miserable. Omg Kim Possible?! I loved that show to death and was even Shego for Halloween one year. XD

As someone who took more AP/college classes than she should have junior year, I have been able to survive on coffee, muffins, and granola bars. Plus I naturally have the appetite of a small bird. Sooooooooo this isn't a thing that is killing me too bad. I am so excited to exercise again, my doc said once they take the hardware out I can start doing low impact exercises when I feel up to it. We have a seated bike machine so that will be perfect once I get the green light from my doc.

COSPLAY IS LITERALLY THE BEST PART ABOUT CONVENTIONS AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED *w*. I'm glad you had a lot of fun! What other cons are you thinking of going to? A lot of big ones are in that general part of the country if I'm thinking of the right conventions.

Edit: I decided to do a bit of washing on my feet early and discovered how monstrous the incision is on my right foot where the bone growth was removed http://imgur.com/QQxc6n0 which is like 1/4ths of an inch wide. O_O sorry for all the gross feet pics but it is ODDLY FASCINATING enough that I need to tell somebody about it.
  6. Is there any sort of rehab involved with the aftermath of your foot procedure, or are you pretty much on your own? I'd imagine you certainly wouldn't want to go straight from bedridden to walking ten miles at a con, so that's a good point. You should still totally do it though, it'd be hot Also the guy that took out your stitches is awesome XD FOOT WASHY TIME?

Man, I think I'd die if I had to live off that diet XD Like seriously, I don't know if my insane rate of burning through blood sugar could handle it. I'd have to go on thyroid-slowing meds again! But hopefully you're almost through the worst of it, and I guess weight loss doesn't suck to a certain extent. You just gotta work on getting your muscles back, and cardio would be great for rehab. Just depends on what your doctors recommend.

The con itself was okay, went to a few neat panels and checked out the arts and vendors, but cosplaying? THAT was fun Being in character and striking up conversations with other cosplayers was a blast, and everyone loved my Hitomi costume. Unfortunately it was REALLY cold in the artist/vendor areas, which sucks when you're wearing a thin cropped tanktop, but otherwise it was really awesome and I can't wait to do it again. I had some friends that also went and we hung out for a while, and I'm most likely going with them to a couple of larger cons early next year, which should be fun :3 Didn't find any other DoA cosplayers unfortunately, but my favorites were this really well-done Snow/Serah couple and I met a totally badass Kim Possible.
  7. Well if you ever get a WiiU then it's much, much better than the tiny screen and you don't have to use the "claw" grip.

Hopefully. Though real talk I'm not even sure if I will be walking very well by the time the convention hits. So I'll probably make the costume to take up my extra time but might not be able to go to the convention if my feet are still weaksauce. Got my stitches taken out today and no more itchy bandages! They gave me these plush, fleecy splint things. Here's my usual progress photo and the guy who does my xrays and took out the stitches. http://imgur.com/KchtnTQ

Frankly I've lost weight because I spend a loooot of time sleeping and getting snacks is much harder. Heck I can't even reach the microwave from my dumb little office chair so I just eat fruit and yogurt and occasionally cereal until there are people who can feed me @noon and five xD

Ooh goodie! How did you enjoy the con? Did you succeed in your quest of finding other DoA cosplayers?

Awwwe yisss pointy, shiny AND practical!
  8. I have always wanted to get into Monster Hunter, if only they'd release a goddamn PC version! I played a bit of the PSP version and I liked it, but man, that tiny screen. Gib PC version.

I think settling for 75% is the way to go, and I'd imagine you can improve on things later on if you wanted to wear it again. I'm amazed that it only ends up being a week's worth of work, but I guess when you know what you're doing, that's possible. And you'll have to get back into Insanity when you're on your feet again! You'll be back in shape in no time :3 Although injury is so weird...like, when I kept getting sick last year (stupid running in cold air) I never dropped off that much, but when I broke my toe it absolutely destroyed my progress. Stupid body.

I make my own trail mix, so I'll have plenty of bags of that and bottles of water in my purse XD Fortunately it's actually cooled down a bit here and it's only supposed to be 83 tomorrow (and back to 90s next week, haha), but I guess I will be dressed for warm weather anyway. I did confirm that I'm gonna meet with some friends there, so that'll make the experience more fun as they've done this con thing many times. One of my friends is a treasurer for another convention so he'll kinda be "on business", which is neat. I finished the last part of my cosplay--the haircut--and surprisingly I kinda like how I look with bangs :O

Yay new sketchbook! At least it's a little something to keep you occupied. I just had some new knives come in and they're puuuurdy :3 (I have a decent little knife/dagger collection)
  9. He also picked up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate apparently...hopefully I can help him get a handle on the game, as it does have a pretty steep learning curve. Maybe I'll use the money I've gained from my allowance (usually used for gas and coffee at my most favorite cafe) to buy the new Mario Kart.

That and I don't have enough time to work (as I'm partially immobile) on making EVERY LITTLE DETAIL perfect as much as my little perfectionist heart wants to. So I'll suck it up and just aim for at least 75% accuracy. I just need to sit down and do some pattern modifications from a preexisting one and wait for the faux-leather to arrive. After that it shouldn't be too much more than a week's worth of work in the evening with my mom. Luckily there are no zippers (which are the devil's fastener) and the cut is fairly simple. The house is mostly carpeted, but I can still get around. Just...very...slowly. But hey, the resistance gives me at least a little bit of exercise so whatever. My calves have basically turned into jelly and it's so weeeeird.

It's SO HARD to go back to daily life after a convention UGH. That said, though, conventions are pretty darn exhausting despite being so much fun. I'd recommend bringing snacks like trail mix or granola bars if you haven't already, as it's super easy to get caught up in the fun and forget that humans require sustenance. XD Good luck on your quest, I went on an adventure with my Madoka group around the convention to gather up THE SINGLE MAMI we saw and it was a hilariously awesome time.

Now that I can sit up and do other things I've started letting my feet air out and spraying Lysol in these stupid teal Darco shoes. Can't quite sit at a computer much yet but I can sit up enough to draw a little bit, so maybe I won't be so fidgety anymore. My new sketchbook and brush pen arrived in the mail too so I've been breaking it in while watching an Avatar: Legend of Korra marathon with my favorite character, the lovely Asami Sato. Probably finish it with inks tomorrow as my feet only like being down for an hour at a time before I need to put them back up.
  10. Yay for father-daughter game bonding time Hope you have fun with it~ MK8 is totally worth seeking out though, it's so much fun. 150cc is pretty bullshit at times, but the game itself is a blast and there's even remade tracks from previous games!

I think you can throw out having 100% accuracy for a little utility XD My jeans for my cosplay aren't torn/faded in the EXACT same pattern, but it's close enough for me. I don't know how long it takes to make things like the jacket, but it sounds like you've got a decent plan together for yours. Hope it goes well :3 I hope your house isn't too carpeted, then you can just wheel around everywhere in an office chair while crafting XD

That's good to know, that way I don't feel awkward just coming out of nowhere and commenting on peoples' costumes. I'm not gonna wanna go back out into the boring "real world" after this, I have a feeling XD Hoping to gain some new friends from it, and hopefully I'll be going with some other friends of mine as is, to help ease me into the experience. My number one hope is that I run into a Jann Lee cosplayer, because in Dead or Alive 5, Hitomi and Jann Lee are in the tournament's final match :P FIGHT-O

You need a constant stream of Febreeze to your feet, haha. Hopefully they'll let you get em washed up soon. And gah, I'm such a side-sleeper, I couldn't bear having to sleep on my back for that long >_<
  11. I might have to see because he actually was planning on getting the Mario Kart bundle but they were out of stock so he just got the regular bundle with Mario Bros. I think it was as much for him as it was for me because he's wanted to play Monster Hunter with me and showed interest in Hyrule Warriors (obviously)

It was really annoying until I got my logger boots (which I picked because the slight heel). Well the jacket is really the only thing that I absolutely need to make for it to be accurate. I can buy any old white shirt and cut it up, same deal with the jeans. Granted the jeans might not be 100% accurate, but frankly I'd rather have front pockets for utility. XD Then I'll have to buy the boots. The rest of the things like her shin guards, hip...thingy, and "H" shaped clips can all be made by materials I already have in my house. Despite not being able to walk I can still sit with a cutting board on my lap and a box cutter, so it shouldn't be too bad.

It is exactly like that and very easy to start up a conversation even if you don't know what they're from. I made a whole set of friends a few years ago by asking a Touhou cosplayer how they did Flandre's wings after they took my picture. Awww yeaaaaah, steal a bunch of cool poses from DoA! I'm so excited to hear how your convention adventure goes~ I tried to act in character for about five minutes and just felt really awkward...though I suppose that WOULD be in character for her.

I get my stitches out in a week and a half! Hopefully after that they'll let me get my feet wet because ugh, they're so groosss. They're getting better each day but I am getting sick of having to sleep exclusively on my back with feet elevated...
  12. That's quite a thing to wake up to! You should totally get Mario Kart 8, it's stupidly fun Congrats on the random gift!

I guess that's a good point about shoe size, I'm sure that got really annoying >_< But if you can afford to wait on the boots, that would be ideal. Do you have anything in your wardrobe you can go ahead and use, or are you going to have to do everything by hand?

I've heard from several people that there's a real "community" mentality at a con when you're in costume, it's like everyone's your friend all the sudden, so that should be fun and hopefully it'll put a bit of my cosplay-anxiety at ease :P I figure, Hitomi's hyper and spunky and even looks like me, so it should be pretty easy to portray her properly. She's also my main in DoA, so maybe I can even throw down a few of her moves XD And yes, the thought of you prancing around as Homura is amusing to say the least.

YOU FOUGHT OFF AN ENTIRE ARMY WITH THOSE FEET, THEY ARE BATTLE SCARS. Gah, I didn't think about being able to wash your feet, that suuuuuuucks >_< Hopefully you can give them a nice soak soon.
  13. And then one fine Friday, Sammi slept in until 4pm and woke up to a WiiU in the living room and my dad telling me he pre-ordered Hyrule Warriors. I mean I'm not going to complain but what the heck?
    Me: "HEY DAD I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO WAIT UNTIL CHRISTMAS!"
    Dad: "SO DID I"

I'll have to enlist my mom to help with getting the materials because frankly I don't think the employees at the fabric store would appreciate me rolling around their shop in an office chair :P. I need to see if anyone has model rips of her two guns online to make my life easier. I dunno what my shoe size is going to be anymore, actually! Considering I had to get way bigger sizes to accommodate the stupid golfballs on the sides of my big toes that is. I'll just have to get everything else done by September or so and then I can get the boots done...probably.

It's weird, at a convention everyone is just SO FRIENDLY if they know you're in costume. Like, people will just randomly strike up conversation even if they don't know what you're from and be really nice about it. It's kind of fun that way! I'm sure you're going to be an awesome Hitomi! I admire people who can mimic a character's personality it just boggles my mind SO KUDOS TO YOU. I'm totally horrible at pretending to be a character, my cosplay friends like to poke fun at me when I prance around as Homura Akemi because frankly I swear a lot and am not graceful at all. XD Don't forget to stay hydrated and fed and TAKE PICTURESSS!

I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WERE GOING TO BE SO MANY INCISIONS, IT'S CRAZY. I'm going to tell people I kicked a bear in the teeth after I heal and have scars. I was kind of grossed out when they unwrapped them because I STILL CAN'T WASH MY FEET. They stink like iodine and blood and gross feet. UGH.
  14. Splatoon looks fun too, and I think it's going to be a great slap in the face to the CoD-types who don't think it'll succeed. It's something new and unique to the genre, which we haven't had in a very long time, and while not being much of a shooter fan I really look forward to it. Nintendo is their own damn trend :P

I agree, I think that's a great character for you to do. Plus it's pretty sexy ;D Even if you can't size the boots, you can at least get materials and work on the rest of it in the meantime. Or if you know anyone with the same shoe size as you, maybe they could provide some help. And yeah, I'm pretty excited about wearing mine, though I'm still kinda anxious XD It's a super-cute and flirty outfit and I think I can pull off her personality pretty well too. I'm pretty much going to squee if I run into any other DoA cosplayers :P

Um...your feet are cracked D: No wonder you can't walk on them!
  15. Winter wouldn't be fun either lol.

Hell, Nintendo's Splatoon looks like more fun than most of the shooters introduced by other companies and everyone said they couldn't do it. Nintendo doesn't follow developing trends because Nintendo is Nintendo and that is why they basically won E3 this year for me.

The costume is a good fit for me since I already have three skin tone and facial structure for it. I have no idea how I'm going to do the boots though since I can't walk in real shoes until a month before the con and I don't know how I'll be able to test fit them or anything like that. I'm excited to hear how it turns out!

Also I went to my 2 week post op appointment and have frankenfeet right now but the doc says I am healing awesomely even though my feet are bruised and sad looking. Here are gross pics of my feet in case you were curious about what a bilateral bunionectomy looks like :P

http://imgur.com/Hi7oggC
    http://imgur.com/uImwWBg
  16. PSOW lives! @_@;

Having greaves as legs would be amazing :O Especially with like, hydraulics and rocket boosters! Just, uh, stay clear of magnets and such, and water probably wouldn't be such a great idea either...

I think that's a great point about the Wii U's appeal--the response to Nintendo's panel even from people who didn't give a shit about E3 tells me a lot about the game player community: we're sick and tired of press-square-to-win movie-like games and constant dark and gritty atmospheres. We just want games that are fun again. Graphics aside, not one person can honestly tell me that God of War is more fun than Mario Party with a bunch of friends. Nintendo's got a better grasp on the community than anyone realized and it's making a Wii U very appealing.

If you could mimic cel-shaded graphics that would be pretty amazing XD It'll be hot either way! The torn shirt and the jeans and the hat should be pretty easy, though I'd imagine the jacket and boots and wristguards would be a challenge. Still, you could absolutely pull off a sexy cowgirl look like that and hopefully you have time to pull it off. As for Chelsea-Hitomi, it's finished other than having my gloves altered to be fingerless It looks so good! (and sexy ;D) I could wear a denim jacket with it and stay true to Hitomi's style, although I've been in this convention center before and I think I'll be fine. Should be a fun lil outfit to run around in :3
  17. Preeecisely. My phone likes to correct things to either swearing or mathematical terms for some reason. COSPLAY=COSINE.

I'm also tempted to save up even MORE money and buy custom boots from Wesco, which would be hella expensive but they'd likely outlive me. XD

I could have had a cool leg with a gun or snack compartment in it, or both. I'd just want my leg to look like greaves from the leg down or something equally as cool. :P

Yeah, Nintendo has always had the advantage of very well established exclusive titles and I think people are underestimating the WiiU as a system considering how great all these games look. I mean no, it isn't as capable of HYPERREALISTIC GRAPHICS OMG, but I like that angle. It is a nice balance to the "EVERYTHING IS SO GRITTY AND DARK AND REAAAL" trend that has been going on for the past ~10 years.

It depends on if I want to go ABSOLUTELY HAM and mimic the game's cel shaded graphics. They always look so cool so I kind of want to try it. I could more than likely do it, but it would just take a lot of time. The lady who did this costume in particular, though, was nice enough to give me some tips.

Sweeet! I'll be excited to see pictures if you do decide to post some. Trust me, if it's in a convention center you won't have issues with it being cold. For the courtyard, though, you could always come up with a jacket that would be in character and maybe add some cool embellishments to give cues as to what character you are? Or just take your jacket off when people ask for pics, which is the simpler answer. XD
  18. Heh, I do most of my posting from my phone anymore too, so I know how that goes XD Autocorrect floats in this realm of "annoying but just useful enough to leave on" but some of the corrections are certainly worse than others. Mine keeps trying to replace cosplay with Coldplay @_@;

New boots are always worth looking forward to :3 I still think you missed out on getting super bionic legs or some shit. Silly fleshy limitations.

Looking more at what all was revealed, I have to say Nintendo easily stole the show overall. Bayonetta 2, Mario Maker, Hyrule Warriors, Zelda Wii U, and the glimpse at Starfox are making it awfully hard to resist a Wii U, plus I've played Mario Kart 8 and it's stupid amounts of fun. Also I'm afraid Reggie will haunt my nightmares if I don't eventually get one o______o;

Nisha doesn't look too difficult to put together other than the jacket, so hopefully you can fit it in. I'm sure it'd look great on you :O As for me, I went out yesterday and found the gloves for my costume, but they're not fingerless and I'll need to take them to a friend to have them professionally modified. Didn't find the shoes, but I've still got time. I've tried what I do have so far on and it's pretty hot XD Hopefully it's not freezing cold at the con though, because my upper body and torso are gonna be in trouble otherwise :P
  19. Holy hell, I made some silly typos in the last reply. Sorry about that, I have been typing from my phone and phones have atrocious auto correct.

Six weeks is average, but it might take longer because of the hardware in my right foot. On the bright side I was promised a pair of Frye boots after my feet finish healing so that is something to look forward to. At the moment I am not actually in pain, just moderately uncomfortable and I am not even taking pain killers anymore except at bed time.

I'm pleased that Mirror's Edge got a sequel as it seemed to be the kind of game that generally was reviewed well but nobody played it. Star Fox looks beast and I still need to play some Tales Of games ;_;

I'm excited to see! I don't know if I will be able to get my costume done, but Nisha is the goal! As for the pictures thing, It was something I had to get over as well, but it's kind of cool seeing people post pictures of kind-of-yourself.
  20. Six weeks isn't *too* terrible, although the summer timing of it kinda sucks. It's a great time to get caught up on games, art, and reading at least! And your new kicks look like they could have rocket boosters coming out the bottom or something XD

Tomb Raider 2 and Zelda Wii U both looked really great from what I saw. The Mirror's Edge sequel kinda surprised me because I didn't think the first game went over that well, though the aesthetic was really awesome. The new Starfox is super-exciting (huuuuge SF fan), and the Tales of Xillia 2 trailer was amazing. Didn't get into much else other than that.

*Google image search-fu* YOU WOULD BE SO SEXY AS NISHA @_@ I'll be doing a cosplay progress post on the dumblrs soon (yay more followers!), and I'm going to hopefully finish up my shopping this week. I'm still like, super-anxious about it XD I might post some pics but I'm still a big pussy about putting pictures of myself online, so we'll see. I'm just glad I've been in really good shape lately, given my costume :P
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 20 of 306
Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast