Conversation Between A. Zerran and ARChan

11 Visitor Messages

1. Maybe I should submit my own story to Sega and turn it into a PSZ remake on the 3DS...except the game will be a classic Phantasy Star style game (JRPG style), and it will include...some more characters? And perhaps better voice acting?
  2. Advance Wars is an awesome game! I'm not sure if you'd like it though. It's basically a love/hate type of game.
  3. That, my friend, is player demand. They're being influenced by what's awesome. I'm just not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...
  4. Hm...well, I can say now that PSO2 has a touch of Bayonetta and Vanquish in it. The shooting mechanics are a bit of a dead giveaway, for instance.
  5. Hmm... I dunno. In my head, it's just like saying Team Ninja helping in the Metroid series, but look what happened. It was an awesome game, but I saw it had more of the Ninja Gaiden feel than anything else. Well, we'll just have to see for when it ever happens. I have my doubts though. Imagine the massive lag problems and there being a Bayonetta touch to it. It's inevitable that people will compare things to other things. Plus, it's a pride issue that Sega is running on when it comes to Phantasy Star. It's like asking Mario to be included into xBox's Kinect >.<
  6. Bayonetta, Vanquish...I can't remember all of them, but yeah. Bayonetta is a hack and slash, but one that is too awesome for words. Story's cool, too. But Vanquish? Pure explosive and awesome fun, shooting things and making them go into a fireworks display. I love that game. But the story's a little off...too much "Russians are evil!" stuff, even though they use robots. Oh well. Yes, general games of Platinum Games? Excellent entertainment value.
  7. Platinum Games? What're a few successful games they made? (Too lazy to remember)
  8. Btw, what would happen if Platinum Games helped Sega make a Phantasy Star game? What would it be like, in your opinion? Like Bayonetta or something?
  9. Believe it or not, the game series was more notorious than Final Fantasy, but the breakthrough moment was when FF7 came out.
  10. PSP2? I own it. Very fun, and item drop rate is much better for me than PSZ's. I really hated the drop rate in that game. But yeah. PSP2 also has a better story than PSZ. But the original Phantasy Star series will always have the best stories in the Phantasy Star franchise. And that's why Sega should go back to their roots and make a JRPG Phantasy Star in the new age.
  11. Heya :P I just noticed that you're talking to Wayu about whether PSO is good and if PSU is worth renting.

PSO is basically the ground work of the 3D Phantasy Star series. It feels clunky but far better than PSU overall. However, I've been hearing that Phantasy Star: Portable 2 is pretty awesome sauce in comparison to PSO. However... well... I'm more biased toward PSO. Forces just feel so much sweeter in PSO. Then, there's the whole belief that Rangers are terrible in the PSU series. They were practically top dogs of PSO though. So... yeah :P That's my input on it.

PSU is pretty nice to get into, but considering that PSU is going to close its servers, I prefer you don't get into it. If at all possible, go get PS: Portable 2. Unlike the first of the Portable series, this one has a universal wifi. The first has only local connections (as in the guy has to be in the same vicinity). So... yeah :3
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 11 of 11