Conversation Between Calliope and psofan219

264 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
  1. You're probably using the wrong file then. The file you need is online.exe (I see it as just online). All's I can say is track down someone who's got it running on XP and ask them. Hopefully you can get it to run soon.
  2. Installing it in XP isn't much of an issue, but when I try to run the game after installing it it says that it cannot create one of the city texture files, but I forget which one exactly. When I get home I can get more info on it, but it strikes me as a unique problem.
  3. Hmmm... What does the message say? Could it be possible you were trying to open the wrong file perhaps? I've had my fair share of problems installing the game, so I should be able to help to some extent...

Unless you're running Windows XP.
  4. I can't get it reinstalled for some reason, unfortunately. I've been trying, but something happened when I ran System Mechanic that now prevents me from either installing the program, or if that succeeds, it gives me update error messages and then closes. I've been looking into it on their forums, but so far nothing.
  5. If I get the chance, I will. It sounds good.

EDIT: Do you plan on getting on BB at all soon, since Shred the Darkness is just about finished?
  6. Wow...its been a while, hasn't it? I've been doing well in City of Heroes myself, finally nailed down level 36. Doesn't seem like much, but level cap is 50, so I'm almost there. Seems kind of silly when compared to PSO/PSU with the incredible levels you an reach there, but it is quite challenging in City of Heroes since most of the "instanced" missions (missions in which you enter a building or the sewers) are going to be tailored to your level with mobs that are your level or up to two levels higher than you.
    This may not seem like much at first but on each mission you face mobs of varying class types. Minions, Lieutenants, Bosses, and Elite Bosses (Also Arch-Villans, but I have yet to face one). Minions being the easiest to face of the bunch, obviously. ANywho, my time is short so I can't explain too mucha bout it, but seriously...I suggest trying it.
  7. Yeah, I'm in my 70's now. 71 in fact, so 9 more levels, and I can be back in Ultimate.
  8. Yeah, PSU is cool and all, but the repetition gets to you after a while. Having said that I'm really enjoying what they did to City of Heroes haing been an old CoH gamer many years ago before. Back then the only actual purpose behind the game was to level up to get more gear for your outfit to look cool. It's gotten a LOT deeper than that in the four years I haven't played. First and foremost, I think, is the inclusion of the capacity to make your own quest-lines and mobs for other players to actually play. In an MMO environment such a thing was unheard of until now.
    (MMO = Massively Multiplayer Online, usually used to denote games that require a subscription fee to play and have absolutely NO offline play capability. This is a blanket term where exceptions do exist, like PSO/PSU which are indeed MMO's but with an offline content mode)
    Anywho, all that aside, yeah, its fun being a super hero/villan nd kicking the crap out of someone who deserves it, or in the case of the villan, someone who doesn't deserve it but simply looked at you funny. If you've never looked into the game, I suggest even looking at the main site and reading the published comics in their media section. They were all produced by Blackhorse and BlueKnight comics, and are certainly entertaining
    Level 60 already? Well...actually we've not talked in a week, so I'm not THAT surprised, but still, congrats!
  9. Taking a break from PSU? Well, I'm finally on BB! I'm already up in the 60's, and got my hands on some rather excellent weapons (strongest being Valkyrie, most destructive... Musashi/Soul Eater/M&A 60 Vise (all of those are tied)). And keep in mind those are only weapons I can use at the moment.
  10. Well...another LONG hiatus...but I've been enjoying good weather, and City of Heroes >.> Its a good gam, especally after years of work on the game itself. I used to play it back in 2006, but there wasn't much to it. So I've put PSU on the side for now, as its getting awfully repeatative because all people want to do is the same mission over and over. But yeah...thats my rant for now :P
  11. I sorta laughed at the first line when I read it. I like how you used "stupid" there. Anyways, only got a few more hours to wait (including the installation, which I have no doubt will take me a while), but it'll be worth it in the end.
  12. I love a good challenge, but at higher difficulty the rate the zone takes damage is stupid. I draw a line between stupid and challenge :P Anyways, a new laptop is ALWAYS nice
  13. Worse? I say better. I crave challenges, not run from them. I don't play PSU though, so... Anyways, this time tomorrow about, I'll have a shiny new laptop to play BB on.
  14. The damage done to the Defense Zone does not repair over time, to make matters worse :P The sad thing is that mobs don't need to attack anything, they just need to stand in the defense zone for it to start taking damage.
  15. Does any damange your Defense Zone take is permanent, or does it slowly get repaired over time, provided no one gets the chance to attack it?
  16. Pretty much, yes. I mean you still have some time before your Defense Zone is 'damaged' by their presence, but the ammount of punishment they can take may make that time seem like nothing. Still, as I said, with a good group it can be fun. I'm looking forwards to the next installment though.
  17. Hmm... interesting. It sounds like you really have no room for error on that quest. One slip, and BAM! You lose (well, sorta. Provided that if any enemies get to the Defense Zone, it's over).
  18. The Big Push is such a pain. Its not bad with a good group, but if you get one person who doesn't pay attention, you'll usually fail in block 2, if not 3. In those 2 blocks, you get mobs that are programmed to run past you and into the defense zone, weakening your hold on it. And in S2 they're freaking fast. :P
    lol..STD, yeah, what an abbreviation. So bad.
  19. Yeah, confusing. I'll have to look up all those classes or whatever they're called eventually. I kinda laughed when I read the STD bit (watched a TV show concerning them earlier today... weird). Anyways, that aside, The Big Push sounds kinda fun, what with every different thing you need to take into account.
  20. Haha...well it kind of has, but most of my spare time is actually spent fleshing out a story I'm working on. Also it doens't help that I am notouriously terrible about using message boards. Yeah, I'm actually looking forwards to this new add on to STD XD
    The last one, The Big Push, was really lame, and insanely hard if you didn't have a perfectly structured group. You couldn't just grab a bunch of randoms and hope to do it on S2 difficulty because if you took too long to kill certain mobs, you'd lose because it is timed in a sense. Fail the 'timer' and your defense goal blows up. Neat concept, but very much unliked due to the necessity for a properly made group. Two Gunmasters or Fortegunners (if you have the party space, ranged DPS is godly in this mission), one Masterforce(or one Fortetecher/Wartecher), and a Fighmaster (or an Acrofighter if you have a Fortetecher or Wartecher due to buff boosts). But considering the nature of this kind of group it is highly specific. You CAN trade one Gunmaster or a techer for a Protranser for traps, but if thats the case the whole party better be brining traps to reload your Protranser between map Blocks. I've tried a few group make-ups and IMHO the best I ever ran with was Me (Fighmaster), my wife (Acrofighter), Protranser, and Gunmaster.
    Haha...anyways, yeah thats kinda confusing to read I know, theres some flexibility in the group make up, but still...when you look at all the options and if you research the classes you'll see how specific it actually is. Anyways I'm off, gotta finish my work shift.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 20 of 264
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast