Conversation Between FOODFOOD and Chaos Rappy

24 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Hey man! Hope things are going well.

Wanted to give you a status update on the Damage Calculator. I ran into a snag that I'm having a hard time getting around... apparently I have too many lines of code! I'm trying out some workarounds, but it's going to take a while. Hopefully not too long. I'm done entering code for all melee weapons and half of the ranged ones, so I still have the other half and Force weapons left. However, until I can fix this code, none of it will work

When I'm done, it would be GREAT to get a tester, if you're interested! Should be in the next few weeks, if I can fix this thing soon.
  2. Happy Halloween, my friend! The avatar's doing it's job well if it freaks you out.

Though, I guess now that I mention it, Halo Rappy would make more sense... think I'll change it to that one instead. ;P

And thanks for the concern, and great job working on the calculator! I still haven't been able to test it since I've only been using my phone, but I trust you in that you're doing a great job, haha...
  3. Chaos... your new Avatar...
    omg you're scarin' the children.

Del Rappies freak me the f*** out.

On another note, I saw that you're on pain meds, so I hope you feel better. I am about halfway done programming that calculator! It's gettin there!
  4. Alright, can do foodman. I'll start testing on it now. ;P
  5. Okay!
    I have Sabers and Swords done. If you have the time (and if you have Excel with the ability to enable Macros), it would be AMAZING if you could test this:

https://www.box.com/signup/collablin.../73cf0f2157b2b

This is the new and improved Damage Calculator. Since it would be way way way to tedious for people to input their own grinding on weapons, I made it default to showing each weapon at its max grind only. What I would like tested, if you have the time:
    Input whatever data you want for your character, but click the calculator button for each different weapon (only Sabers and Swords right now). I'm looking for two things:
    1. That each weapon is different. I may have accidentally copy/pasted something and duplicated values for one weapon that should be on another. This will also double check for typos in the code
    2. That the first number is lower than the second. This would be an error in entry where I got the minimum ATP and the max ATP backwards XD
    3. That it works on another computer (probably the most important!)

I wish like crazy that I could get it to not display to 3 decimal places, but I have no clue how to code it to go to 1 or 2 places.

I'll test it as well, but it's nice to get a second pair of eyes. If everything works great, I'll put the rest in.

Thanks Chaos!
  6. Tell you what. When I get a couple of the different weapon types done, I'll let you be my super-secret-tester-man that makes sure I didn't break anything.
  7. You are very much welcome, FOOD! I just wish there was more I could do to help, but it seems not, so I wanted to make sure and put im as much effort into what I knew I could do.

If there is anything else you think I night be able to help with, don't hesitate to ring!
  8. Thanks SO MUCH Chaos. This has been a really, really big help. You are the champion of PSZ in my book.
    I'll hopefully get some good time on that VBA program to put all these in. It'll take me a bit, but this spreadsheet really cut down the time.
  9. I have finished inputting all the grinded ATP's and MST's into the database. Forced myself to stay later than I needed to to finish it, but it was necessary so I didn't accidentally not finish it or make you have to pick up my slack. Enjoy! ^_^
  10. Thanks, it was an honor to be able to work with you for something of such intellectual value to those who need it. ^_^

Anyways, I resolved the situation yesterday, but didn't get enough hands-on time on a comp to get really started on it, but I'm back at work today, with nothing left to do for the time being, so I'll probably get a little done here and there to pass the time. If chaces provide that I should have the time, I should be done with this before I'm off this time, for reals.
  11. It looks great so far! I'll hopefully have time today to start inputting what you've done into the VBA Macro. Sadly, after this is done, the rest really is programming, so it'll be on my end to finish it. Thanks again for the offer though, you are a gentleman and a scholar.
  12. Ugh, sorry, had other issues I gotta take care of... I'll try and get back on this tomorrow, but tonight, I got some stuff I gotta deal with IRL. Later.
  13. So, they're letting me off of work early because we have nothing going on right now. I'm gonna go hit up the rec center here shortly about being able to start working on it there, with faster computers and better formatting and stuffs. Should be done with it all around 6pm PST, maybe as late as 7pm is I'm slower, but I'm partway through Double Sabers right now. ^_^

If, once this is all done, you could still use a hand in completing it (anything non-code-related), feel free to hit me up for that too! I want to help see this thing through so that others can get some good use out of it, as well as myself! ^_^
  14. Okay then, see you in a thousand years!!!

...Just kidding! I'm actually already done with the Sabers and Swords, moving on to the Daggers. I think I'll be done with all of this by the time I get off work now, since I just managed to find an efficient way to speed things up (list mode actually works on this old computer, but to start it, I had to input at least one value for min and max ATP/MST on every weapon type's page, since all but the saber page lacked a value in column b and c, so when I opened list mode, I couldn't edit anything in for them because they had no column b or c! ). But, everything is going swell for me now.

Your work is in good hand right now, so don't worry about checking up on me! Hope you can see it once I am done!
  15. No rush! Take as long as you need.
  16. D'oh, alright, I guess you can thank me this one time...

I'm working on it right now, so hopefully, I can get a lot done before I get off work so it'll be much simpler and smoother once I get off, though right now, I'm having a tough time working on these old-ass computers... makes the doc look weird and hard to get around, but I'm doing fine for now, at least...
  17. Ha, well I'm gonna say thanks, and there's nothin' you can do about it!
  18. Okay, got it. I'll see how much of it I can get done tonight, and finish what I can't probably tomorrow, since I have tomorrow off.

And no, don't thank me for helping you. You're a busy guy it seems, I just wanted to be able to help you in any way I could.
  19. Okay, I got you added to the Shared list.
    I went ahead and got the first few done. You can see the pattern... it's just adding the max grind to the min and max atp. You can see how it would take a while tackling it by myself!
    I just used the PSO-World site as reference for how much each weapon can be grinded.

Let me know if you have questions, and thanks a whole heap for the help!
  20. I believe my gmail account is: [email protected], or maybe [email protected]... the former is from when Iw as setting up my phone, the latter is from linking my youtube account, so either one could work, perhaps?

EDIT: Just checked, emperorchaos00 is active and can access it if authorization is given to it. ^_^

But yeah, once I get access and take a look at the doc itself, I can see what I can do and we can do what we need to to get this thing knocked out! You're saying that I just need to add the value of the weapon's min and max ATP/MST WITH the grinders added, correct? I'm guessing I can follow an example if one is given beforehand, haha... just don't want to mess this up for you.

But, I'm sure that once I can help do my part, work on this will be going quite smoothly. For the most part, when I'm at work, I'm not doing a whole lot, so when I find some down-time here, or even at the rec centers, I can help and add the stuff in slowly and surely, and it'll blow right over. But that's just how I feel it might go... I won't really know until I can see what I'm dealing with.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 20 of 24
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast