Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121920212223 LastLast

I think, my most memorable in-game moment was when I 1st started playing Phantasy Star online when I 1st got my Dreamcast. I could not go online yet and all other games i really played up to then where on a Playstation or N64. But it was not long till I put those games systems on the shelf as the Dreamcast then became the system for me. When I put that disk in I did not know what to expect, and what I got shocked and amazed me. The colors, the player creation, the levels the unique enemies, and of course the best of all Red Ring Rico. The person that was always just a few steps in front of you, leaving messages always leading the player along, always there but never seen. It is what drove me more and more in to the world. I was no longer playing a game but chasing this almost mythic hero through this world of exploration. But Only being able to play the offline mode I felt I was missing more.

Begging my parents to use the internet at the time so I could play took a long time as it was a big deal back then with the phone set up and what not. (Yes I am talking about 56k modem Dreamcast goodness that was 10 years ahead of its time.)

I remember getting online and seeing the massive amounts of people all over talking setting up groups seeing Japanese, Europe, and American players altogether for the 1st time.

And then that is when It happened, my most memorable in-game moment, I met of my long standing online friend that I talk to even till this day. Just about the same age as me, he was living in Japan at the time. Almost everyday we started logging online, and most the time not just to fight the big bad monsters or take on Dark Falz and see that Red Ring that drove me to the game in the first place. From that day we both when on to get Phantasy Star v.2 and the rush to level again. Unlocking more and more of the story and beating all areas together for the 1st time when thought about brings back memories of our inside jokes when parting with other players. Going then to the PC version and then once again to console with the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng awaited release of the Game Cube "Ep.1 and 2." Being the only reason I got the Game Cude in the 1st place. Even Ep.3 the card battle game was in both mine and my friends eyes a welcome addition the the great set and was a fun new way to play for long standing PSO players like use. To this day we still talk, but as we got older our lives took there turn and we are no longed able to play so much online with most games.
    And to this day we still look back and remember the good old days. Still remember how lame we where some times, saying "Stay legit." almost every time as we logged off.

For all that Ill say to you all "Stay legit." Don't just play the game.
    Play the game with your new and old friends. You never now how the test of time will go.

And as a side note.

I think we should bring back the old old old days of "SAVE THE KITTEN SANDWICHES, READ THE FAQs"

I can certainly nail it down to single moment:

After reading about all the wicked line up that was coming down the pipes for the Dreamcast, and of this tiny game that has been having some great success in Japan, namely Phantasy Star Online.

After racing out to get it, and buying a phone cable, I decided to plug in my Dreamcast to the phone jack, took the 10minutes to set up an SegaNet account with my Web Browser disk, then popped in PSO.

Selected Online and anxiously put in my information wondering how it will compare to playing online that I was used to on the PC. Made a new character and completed setup. After watching that "warp" loading screen for what felt like forever, there I was finally standing in Lobby 1 with a handful of other people standing around, or bouncing around in photon chair or just emoting the night away.

It was at that moment that I knew console gaming was changed, and from then on, online was the way to go. Sega had taken an idea, and delivered on it in spades, and created an experience that was a completely foreign to most console gamers.

That first week I must have logged more hours online then I could count. My little Fonewearl was casting magic and slaying monsters with a group of 3 people from various corners of the planet.

All I have to say is thank you to Sega, for changing the way people saw online games, and changed the way console gamers played.

Cast Assasssin/G. Angel

I'm not really good at these kind of things...mostly because i'm shy and scared what people will think...but oh well.....I have alot of memories dating back when pso hit the dreamcast up to the 360 ver. but this memory is kinda messsed up because of what happend...

This happen just recently in PSU, I was in Dark Falz Memorial w/ my gf(yes my actual gf) sitting in a patch of flowers listeing to the song that plays there and talking..After she left i started walking back to the cave to leave when three people came up and asked me "Where did your gf go?" i just simply said she had to leave, a few seconds later one of their team members left after telling me the girl in their group thinks i look hot, I chuckled and a few moments later they sent me a inv to their party I accepted and left with the two strangers named "fox" and "mandi".
    After I joined their party we headed to the villiage in neudaze (sorry if i spelt wrong) and did that misson to fight the giant rappy lol, suprisingly after that we got a deal that allowed us a free rare mission, happy and excited we left to the temple to try and get the "Love Inferno Board".. (this is where it'll get bad)
    When we arrived at the temple they asked a freind of theirs if they wanted to join for the search of the board, he said yes and after he was in the party we made a agrement..The First one to get the board would give it to Mandi because she's been serching for the board since it came out, we all agreed to that and set off in search of the board.
    It took alittle while to get to the part where you had to destroy the rocks to get to a door that had a timer on it, once on the other side of the rocks we had to fight some beats and guess what fell after we killed them...a Love Inferno Board everyone was preaty much like "holy $%&@" in the first stage not that far from the start a LI board just dropped, one of us grabbed it and it went to their freind, immidietly fox said when the mission was over you have to give it to mandi since we all agreed to it he said he will and that he knows, after that he moved for a bit then stopped all together we finished the map and left the temple.
    Out of the temple we were all asking him to give it over, but he never talked or moved... a few hours went by and eventually he left with the board still on him everyone was pissed off even the girl, she was so excited that we foud it... just to get her heart broken from someone who they thought was a freind...a few moments later they said "we weren't expecting that from a freind...we all actually thought you would take it since we added you into the group and just met you" heh i stay true to my words no matter what..i'm still trying to get her a board -chuckles- it sucks though havn't gotten a rare mission since.....this was memorable because i met two freinds, found a extremly expenisve board (which was the first time i ever seen one without it being in a shop) and preaty much learned that you can't really trust freinds sometimes....like i said i'm not good at this and i'm very sorry that this came to be this long...i just didn't know how to type it out shortly...i'm very sorry...

-El

One of the best moments for me was back on PSO Episode I & II when I made my pushan mag.
    50 DEF, 20 POW, 30 DEX, 0 MIND. That little dude was awesome.

Valley Girl Extreme!! Micki_Monday's Avatar

I'm not sure this counts exactly since the event involved aren't directly Phantasy Star related .. but the moment I most remember was back on PSO DC v1, September 11 2001.
    My friend Peter and I had went out earlier in the week (or month. I can't remember) and had both bought a Dreamcast and PSO at the same time just so we could play together. Naturally, we'd both been addicted to the game since we got it and usually ended up staying up all night til the morning when his mother would wake up and try to pull the power cable out from the wall to get him to stop lol.

On that particular day we'd been up all night again playing, of course, when morning came. My mother was getting ready for work (PST) when she came into my room with this weird look on her face saying, "You're still up?? You need to turn on the news now! A plane has crashed into a building in New York!". Without even telling my friend I was changing my TV input, I switched on the news and just sat there all dumbfounded and shocked.
    It was so early when it happened that at that moment we didn't know it had been a terrorist attack yet. We just thought a commercial jet liner had had a freak accident.. which was extremely confusing to me because I thought how the hell does a commercial plane crash into a building like that?? How could the pilot not see THAT coming?? And then that was when, live on TV, I saw the 2nd plane crash into the towers and knew we'd been attacked.
    I didn't even flip the input back on my TV to say anything to my friend. I just grabbed my kb, and started frantically and blindly typing that he needed to turn the news on ASAP.
    Needless to say, we both stopped playing that day and were focused on the events at hand (would be so horrible if we'd just kept playing, wouldn't it? XD ).

So yeah.. I like, don't mean for this to be a really sappy story to get sympathy or anything lol, but it is my most memorable moment playing Phantasy Star.
    Aside from it being such a horrific tragedy, it's also a true testament to what a dork I am that I was up all night playing vidgames when one of the most memorable moments in my generation's history happened. Like, how totally superficial huh? XDDDDD

Default Happened upon this at Sega's blog just before the deadline.

My most memorable moment with the Phantasy Star series concerns the first entry that I played, Phantasy Star II. It was the beginning of the game that always stuck with me. Some years ago, I came into the possession of the Sega Smash Pack. One of the games contained on this disc was PSII. Having previously enjoyed some of the more recent RPGs of the time, I made an attempt to tackle this older quest. However the high difficulty proved too much for my relative inexperience in the genre. I never got very far before the game ceased to function properly.

Had my big memory ended with a broken game, then this would be a sad tale. Fortunately, a few years down the lane saw the release and my purchase of the Sega Genesis Collection and a second chance at exploring the land with Rolf and Nei. With more experience in managing hit points and items, I fared much better this time around. Traversing the corridors of the buildings still was a great challenge, but one that I could overcome with my superior understanding of party organization. At last, I could rescue the poor girl that I had heard kidnapped so long ago. I could reunite her with her father and continue toward parts unknown.

However this is not what happened. The father did not step aside after his daughter was returned to him. He could not recognize her in the disguise that she wore and took her life. This event shocked me. Had this mission gone off without a hitch, I do not believe that it would have had nearly the impact that it did on me. I would have likely seen successfully saving a hostage as just another good deed performed to advance to a new area, but this failure jarred me in a way I had not anticipated so early in the game. These NPCs took on a greater degree of realism in their sorrow. I saw them as more than just mere obstacles that I was to interact with in order to keep playing the game; I saw them as people that I had failed to help.

I'd have to say the coolest moment was when I received a Meteor Cudgel in the PSO Dreamcast version inside the Ruins. I never knew of the weapon's existence, but it became my weapon of choice for the rest of my days. It was during my favorite quest where you must help the old warrior fulfill his wish to kill 1000 monsters before he dies, so fun.

Default My intro To the Game Phantasy Star ...

I remember the first time I was ever presented phantasy star. IT was back in 5th grade and I was thinking to myself this is not gonna work lets just play the gamecube and our ds’ because we got our ds that Christmas. So as we were getting up in the morning my friend was like we should get up and play this. Me being the sometimes stubborn one I would say nah “later”.

So eventually we got to playing this game. I was hypnotized with the quality of this game . I said, Yo Nathan ( friends name who had the game) were did you get this ?” He told me he got it from GameCrazy which I don’t believe that they have that store around and if they do its probably not as popular as Gamestop, never the less I was hooked . We played for hours I was a Humar so was my friend we played all night. After that Christmas sleepover I thought to myself ways of getting that game. Well as time passed by I tried to acquire the game I went to countless GameCrazy and Gamestops. I was so mad after a while I heard of the PSU( Phantasy star Universe) series I thought okay do I really wanna go out there and by this I mean I want PSO. Sooooooo the day came and I went to Walmart to buy it as I was looking at the case I was getting a little excited this looks nice.

That night I popped it in my ps2 I played once and I loved it! I was like yes I have my own Phantasy Star. I finally finished the game Ethan and Karen Erra told me at the end try online I was like allright why not I go on there I was loggin in 4+ hrs a day school nights. Also I was asking around for a good database for item drops and synthesis materials and I found PSO-World.com! I accumulated friends that shared memorable times with each other laughin and we all tried to get the expansion AOTI. That’s where everything went down It took my almost 2 years to get the expansion all my friends were inactive which meant they all deleted me. Funny thing happened we played a mission I believe it was Mother Brain S I recognized all the Party Members I asked them if it was them sure enough they were all my friends on PSU! It was so funny I laughed hard I thought I had lost them and I really didn’t think that my psu experience would be the same. There they come Mother Brain All comes in due time I thought to myself. We all caught up and we laughed like before that really made my day and also made me remember no matter where you make em there friends ! That day taught me to never loose hope. So from there on I belived in sega and I was willing to buy they next installment of PSU which was PS:P I loved that game as well its like my favorite RPG on the road me and my bro can enjoy it on the go!

THANKS FOR READIN! THAT’S MY STORY OF MEETIN THIS GREAT SERIES PHANTAYSY STAR!

THANKS PSO-WORLD FOR READIN AND GIVEN ME INFO ON MY FAVORITE ITEMS YOU’RE THE ONLY DATABASE FOR ME!
    Last edited by psufreak; Apr 19, 2009 at 07:33 PM.

Lets see...My most memorable moment...Yeah...It can only be that one time...It was waaay back on PSOv1...And I had just discovered at the time what I thought to be the Holy Grail of rares. I had laid eyes on my very first P-Arms Blade!! Lets just say I wasted no time to start my long and vigorous hunt to find one...And it was quite hard for myself because the Caves were my least favorite place... =/

It seemed like years, but in reality it was only about two months before I was able to find a pair of Pan Arms. I wasted no time in claiming my prize!! But what to do next? Brag about it of course!! =P

So, not even an hour or so, I went to show it off to my best PSO buddy Roasty (Bobjones). Of course he congratulated me, but then had to rub in my face that the P-Arms Blade was old news and showed me he had one also...I didn't let that phase me! =D

He suggested we go have some fun and run the Ruins with nothing but our Holy Grails...Of course I retorted with a...I'm gonna so do better than you remark...And on through the Ruins we went.

Towards the end...our party was joined by another player who seemed really nice and was easy to get along with...He decided to tag along with us to the boss even though everything else was already done. Was that really the right choice?

We began to take down Falz when the worst possible...I had to go all noobish and die!! And of course the bane of PSOv1, when you died...You dropped all your Meseta and the equipped weapon. I was terrified!! =(

And sure enough the Goddess of Luck was not on my side...Both Bob and the other guy bolted towards my corpse...But sadly the other guy got there first and yoinked my precious up for himself, and logged off! Well you can guess what my mood was from there...I was mortified! =(

Knowing how sad I was and how non stop hard I worked to get myself a P-Arms blade, Bob did what any most bestest friend in the whole world would do...He gave me his! Once again I was back on cloud 9 with new hope and new determination for revenge!! Bob also agreed that we needed to go after Dark Falz again and this time NO MISTAKES!! =P

So off we went once again and much better than the first. Only again we ended up getting some extra unexpected visitors with us...Think we learned from the first time?? That's right, no we didn't! I wonder if I even knew what a locked party was for...Kidding...Maybe... =P

We were doing great and made it to the final form, but sure enough my bad luck proceeded me and I ended up flat on my face cold once again...The worse part was, Bob went down also! Sure enough...Both of the other players headed off in our directions. Bob was lucky, the player that went to him actually revived him...He gathered up his stuff and ran towards me once again...But it was in vain. The player that rushed over to me ended up taking
    both my Meseta and my P-Arms Blade and just like the last time...Logged off.

Someone must really not have liked me to do this not only once, but twice. And do you know what happened after the player logged off?

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Larian; Apr 18, 2009 at 11:39 PM.

My most memorable moment? I think it would have to be back when I got PSO for my Gamecube, and the experience I had. I had saw a video about it and I said to myself, I had to have it. One day, at my local gaming shop, It was there! So I suckered my mom into getting it for me for Christmas.

Being the bad persona I was, I always snuck it away from its hiding place and played it when my mom wasn't looking. But she found out and hid it well. So, I had to wait for Christmas.

Booyah. It was Christmas day. I immediately found it. Turns out my mom never hid it. I rushed to my Cube, popped it in, started playing. I was dazzled. How could a 2001 game dazzle me so much? Learning to combo, killing Boomas among other things, finally killing the Dragon, and more. Then, I was on the Caves.

All this stuff was pretty memorable. then, I found out, De Rol Le was one of the toughest bosses ever. Bam. I beat it. I was pretty shocked. I beat one of the toughest bosses ever. After Mines and Ruins, Falz. I was defeated the first time. But I came back. I destroyed him. Credits play, I say WOOOOOOOT!

Hard mode mines. What is this red box? Sure it was just a Blade Dance, but it set off my red box fever. I became a rare hunter. Searching for every rare that an Oran could find.

Then, the day I reached Ultimate came. All the environments looked different. What was with all these new enemies? But I said whatever and charged headfirst into my first Bartle. [I] have yet to be Falz, but I will someday.

So basically, My most memorable moment was my whole experience.