Rappy Hunter

To everyone,

My friend Maulfar and I have been having alot of trouble recently with our cable/server comp/56k setup. We can log onto and get into ships just fine (After some tweaking of our port settings.) But after we get into a game- We
    can't log into each other's games or be in a game with another person around us before those colored Hexagons come up and We get lagg-connection Killed.

This is really terrible actually and we've both become rather perturbed.

Secondly, The Game Keeps.. well Hiccuping on Item pickup..

We also have the same Cable Company.

Hope you guys can help,
    .22 (Orion)

Props to Tomeeboy cause hes the king!

Rappy Hunter

Bumpin'

Please- if anyone knows :>

SSZ- You tried joining a game with tomeeboy and I and you froze me- Perhaps you may know?

Same thing happens to me, and I use Pacbell's DSL. I tried playing with the port mapping range and it doesn't have any affect, even when I use the monitoring program.

Are you usin' a BBA or a homemade routing solution..?

Rappy Hunter

Homemade Routing- as described in the Play PSO without the BBA topic.

So nothing helps really? I mean This isn't gonna kill me If I can't play this way (I dunno about Maulfar- I think hes in a different boat then I when it comes to connectivity) But it will severly limit the time I can play sub 10 pm hours..If I can play at all during that time.

Just incase anyone has any insights I'm posting again- Along with this tidbit of info.

My Winsock (and or registry) are screwed up someway.. On occasions my regular ethernet connection works.. On other days I'm getting fractions of a Kpbs and I must use AOL's tcp/ip stack (an extra 10 a month) to get cable like speeds..

Now we all know AOL isnt prime territory for routing ANYTHING since they have autoconfig IPs.. but If anyone would have any insight I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks ahead of time,