Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Um... rare items are in RED boxes. Moon X's and Scape Dolls don't appear in red boxes, regardless of level.

this is all fine and dandy, but can you post your methods of testing/research so others can confirm this?

The example i provided is from my testing/research.

Humm~ You said Moon X appear in green boxes which is wrong, Sekani. They appear in blue boxes.

Unless you are stating that for [B] Moon X, then they do appear in red.

I got someone telling me that some person got a rare in set in order once they joined. My theory may be slightly incomplete on that part but I'll try to confirm more of it when I go out to do more field tests. Any confirmations of what this some person told me would be good.

For now I think my theory is pretty much true about how Set in Order works.

Interesting, looks like a good insight into one of the lesser-understood aspects of the game.
    Sticky-listed for reference.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

I noticed, although I don't know if it has been fixed, that whenever a new person joined my party the round reset and I got the next rare. Since we started with 2 people I received 4 rares while other only got 1 since we found 10.

i mean test/research as in, how did you go about determining this? how did you keep track of things? did you do several runs with 5 other willing participants to the tests in the group? listen, i'm not trying to discredit what you came up with, as it seems to be a sound theory that when a rare appears on the field it's automatically assigned to a player if it's in order.

but on the other hand, compare "set in order" to random and give finder. these last two are completely dependent on a player doing the action of actually picking up an item.

so from a programming point of view, you're saying sonic team included a completely different, yet not so complex, routine to the loot options, only for set in order mind you, where when a rare "spawns" (ie when a rare appears), and is then assigned to a player, even if the rare is not picked up. realize, that this means somewhere, somehow, the game would have to remember (ie write to memory somewhere) that rare that no one picked up belongs to someone.

or wouldn't it seem more simple to assume there is no such routine at all, and all loot options are based off of players picking up items, at which point the loot is then assigned accordingly (to the finder, randomly or in the order)

see what i'm trying to explain here?

It could be the same for set random but since it is random who knows. As soon as the rare drops it assigns it to a random player says they will get this if it is picked up, but you can't check that like you can set in order. I have seen people skipped because they didn't want an item. I have also seen the round reset when someone else joins meaning the leader gets more rares. This is only useful in 6 person parties when it is a 3 luck day and for example we found 18 rares in 1 run. It was nice because everyone got 3. I f you have a 6 person party though and it is 0 luck chances are only the first 3 people will actually get rares.

this is why random is better. no one deserves to be stuck with a MAX board only.