Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I don't know how many people know this, but I've come across some interesting data that most people I've talked to seem interested to hear... and here it is:

For the past four days, I have seen 4 rare "hilde" enemies: Two hildeblue and two hildetorr. The connection? Both of the Hildbeblue came from vhard temple around the same time in consecutive nights. (110-119 beats) No surprise, the Hildetorrs in ultimate forest came around 880-889 beats in my HS runs. I've heard some people claim their magic number for rares as 550 (we've heard the beat theory before, haven't we?)

All these beat times have the same two numbers in the tens and hundreds place (ie. nn-, where the n's are the SAME number, and the "-" is any number. 226, 002, 118, 773, etc.)... which seems really significant to me. Could this be the beginning of breaking the code?

I decided to experiment and see if I could get Pal Rappies to show up in the Fake in Yellow quest during 330-339 beats (my offline clock is wrong, so I actually did this shortly after the last 880 hildetorr I saw). Well... unless you value the photon drop I got after piping up and down for 10 beats and killing some rappies out of frustration, I doubt you'd consider this a success... no pal rappies, but I'm not giving up yet! I've done this quest around the same time in the past BEFORE I was aware of the beats, and given up, only to go into the caves to find a Mil Lily! I can't gurantee that this occured between 330-339, but my playing times are pretty consistant on weekdays.

Maybe this is all just coincidence, but I think not. When my clock offline hits 440, I'm going to go questing again. I usually don't play around my dinner time, but I guess I could make an exception, and tommorow I'll let you know the results of my 330-339 Mil Lily hunt.

If anyone wants to help out, I'm guessing that Nar Lilies appear in Temple area around 000-009, but that's just a guess based on other occurances related to my consistent game times.

And I know someone is going to ask if I don't tell now...
    vhard Hildblue #1 (oran) - Victor Axe
    vhard Hildeblue #2 (skyly) - Mahu
    vhard Hildetorr #1 (whitill?) - Antidote
    vhard Hildetorr #2 (???) - club

More later!

-Kray

Cool observation. *_*

I think that this post should be made sticky, and whenever someone sees a rare enemy, they should post the following information:

Enemy Found
    Online/Offline
    Area(#) - (Quest? Was Battle mode enabled?)
    Difficulty
    Section ID
    Character Class/Level

If anyone thinks any more information should be included, just say so. (For example, how many rappies you've killed out of frustration prior to finding the rare enemy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Floogy33 on 2002-11-27 14:51 ]</font>

Hey, wow...thats alot of work and some very interesting results.

This actually deserves to be put in the General forum, since it's not for specific items, but more along the lines of how and when to find rare enemies. =)

Keep up the great work ChibiMyu!

*moves to General Forum*

*edit*
    I hate you typo...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-11-27 14:39 ]</font>
    Look, he did it again.

On 2002-11-27 14:26, Floogy33 wrote:
    I think that this post should be made sticky, and whenever someone sees a rare enemy, they should post the following information:

Enemy Found
    Online/Offline
    Area(#) - (Quest? Was Battle mode enabled?)
    Difficulty
    Section ID
    Character Class/Level
    Thanks, help would be good. Don't forget the time in beats. ^_^ I think that whether you are hunting in the temple, caves, or forest does make a difference as to when the rare enemies have the highest probability of appearing too.

The thing I've noticed is that often times when you kill two enemies at the exact same time, they'll sometimes drop the exact same item. On one occasion, two Boomas that I killed at the same time dropped a couple of red handguns. This kinda makes you wonder about the beat theory as opposed to enemies just dropping rares on a total random basis. At this point, there isn't enough evidence to prove or disprove this theory.

Well... seeds for random number generators are often taken from system time...

That's true, but nothing like this was ever noticed in version 2 (unless the random number generator for GC is significantly less "random" than DC).

i think chibimyu is rite!!!

ok rite now i was going through vhard temple...and i started the tp trick where i always do...and at exactly 077 beats i saw a nar lilly! and that was only with 3 tp's....as usual it dropped a flowen's shield...no surprise there

On 2002-11-27 18:20, DirewolfX wrote:
    Well... seeds for random number generators are often taken from system time...
    Yup! Maybe only Barubary would be able to tell us how the random generation works in PSO >_>

*pokes Barubary*

Droid Hunter, Killer of Rappies

Hmm...sounds like a valid theory. Barubary, you have a new assignment. Break the codes to both the rare enemy generator and the item generator.

Tell us the results after that...