Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Can someone make a general list of which class are most suitable for which race?? thanks ~~

I'm a little scared to touch this thread. "Best Race" threads are dangerous grounds around here.

Also several jobs can be played more than one way. Many of us become biased in the races we think are best.

Are you sure "Forum Search" at the top didn't answer your questions? If you still want answers, I'll try my best.

Ranger + Fortegunner
    Cast

Hunter + ForteFighter
    Beast

Force + Fortetecher
    Newman

FiGunner
    Probably Beast for highest Atp. I would have choosen Cast or Human a couple months ago, but ata means allot less to me now. (Most figunners I see only carry one twin handgun anyways)

Wartecher
    Beast as I'm a melee oriented Wartecher. (I'm sure non melee oriented WT will say human or newman)
    If you go Beast get a Alteric(5+) if possible.

Protranser
    I'm not sure. (Not Newman)

Guntecher
    Not sure, yet not Beast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2007-01-17 11:29 ]</font>

Mensch can be everything so boot them out. Space elves are mages. Beasts are great fighters. And Casts are the gun masters.

well I am a Human Wartecher atm... reading the wartecher guide left me um... disappointed especially after grinding to lv5 force (dreadful) in a day doing VoC and Del Ragon over and over again... so... I thought at least I will hear some opinions on what's a good class for what race before I start my next character would be wise, so I don't go in blindly and waste effort... >_>

I went for Wartecher because I like red-mage type characters where it can melee and cast spells... but it seems like Wartecher was pretty much geared toward magic as oppose to melee after looking at the stats >_>

i think wartecher is just horrible in general. It's a good class in theory, but the way it actually is just isn't any good. Human I would suggest a hybrid, either fighgunner, or guntecher, to be honest. You could go Protranser, but that is a long grind and humans may have a hard time at first, though they'll be great just like cast/beast could be eventually.

my suggestion remains guntecher or fighgunner though

THE JACKEL

i wonder why Wartecher can't use Rods... it's a strong magic oriented class...

God, people, stick the bloody topic.

The fortes are obvious.

Fighgunner: CAST.
    Wartecher: Can be anything.
    Protranser: CAST.
    Guntecher: Can be anything.

//EDIT: And if you want to know about wartechers, they're not magic-oriented. Magic (sans buffs/heals) comprises maybe 20% of your attacks -- less if you're a beast or CAST wartecher.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gamemako on 2007-01-17 12:38 ]</font>
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    It is twice the PP cost for fully twice the damage... That is 129/PP vs. 120/PP.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    It's twice the damage, but it takes almost twice as long. Something you seem to not be understanding. DPS, not total damage. The DPS per PP spent is far superior for normal > Gekka than it is for Tsukimi > Gekka > normal 3.
    Remember kids: don't do drugs.

On 2007-01-17 12:34, Errorrrr wrote:
    i wonder why Wartecher can't use Rods... it's a strong magic oriented class...
    And that right there is the main reason I think Wartecher got punked.

With a force requirement of 5, they should have access to rods and/or S rank wands. In my opinion anyway.

If it were up to me... which it's not obviously... Wartecher would be what it is now, with A rank Rods, S rank Wands and Bullets to 20 instead of 10.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seijuu on 2007-01-17 12:50 ]</font>

On 2007-01-17 12:36, Gamemako wrote:
    God, people, stick the bloody topic.

The fortes are obvious.

Fighgunner: CAST.
    Wartecher: Can be anything.
    Protranser: CAST.
    Guntecher: Can be anything.
    completely opinion. Especially for Fighgunner. Cast is not the best race for fighgunner, and I'm tired of hearing that.

Beast should not be a guntecher, but a human, cast, or newman would be fine at it.

THE JACKEL

seriously its true that a wartecher's stats are geared for a caster with backup melee ability. If you only use wartecher for melee and resta/buff/debuff techs... you are literally not taking fulll advantage of the TP power that a wartecher has. Techs like Diga, foie and Dambarta are excellent techs to use as a wartecher.

I play Newman wartecher yes but god... sometimes Im very thankful I got some strong techs to back me up in situations where melee weapons just don't cut it and that I can fight back with some ranged techs. Eg. Take an example at Grove of Fanatics... Really being a melee or ranger can suck ass in there. This is where forces shine and as a wartecher you should take advantage of your capabilities to use techs decently.

As for newman guntecher.. I always wonder if Newman was that good of a race for guntecher... I feel their atp is a bit too little to play a role of firepower. Theyre more of a support class more so. A Human guntecher would be much more desirable imo. Also guntechers have lower TP than wartechers... which makes them somewhat weak at using techs (not to mention the level 10 tech cap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2007-01-17 13:27 ]</font>