Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    [Insert clever nickname here]

Hello, I'm new to the boards, although I've been browsing them for quite some time ^_^
    Anyway, on to my dilemma...
    I'm the kind of guy who usually goes by what he likes, regarding of how good it might be, or not be. That's why I made a beast wartecher. I liked the idea. And I still do. But I love bows, and being a beast wartecher with a bow is not exactly the best option if I want to use bows.

So I'm deciding between just changing him to guntecher, or remake him as another class. Maybe human or newman. I'm not considering CASTs for now, since I want to keep the overall look of my current character.

Yeah, the CASTs have the ATA and ATP neccesary to use bows nicely. But, how do you compare humans, newmans and beast as guntechers?

Since in terms of ATA
    Newman > Human > Beast
    and in terms of ATP
    Beast > Human > Newman

Would a human make the second best option overall? Would beasts higher power make up for having to use lower rank bow due to their ATA? Would newmans ability to use higher ranked weapons (earlier) make up for the low ATP?

And that's my dilemma... what do you think?
    Any advice/input/whatever is appreciated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guarionex on 2007-01-19 20:38 ]</font>

On 2007-01-19 20:20, Guarionex wrote:
    Hello, I'm new to the boards, although I've been browsing them for quite some time ^_^
    Anyway, on to my dilemma...
    I'm the kind of guy who usually goes by what he likes, regarding of how good it might be, or not be. That's why I made a beast wartecher. I liked the idea. And I still do. But I love bows, and being a beast wartecher with a bow is not exactly the best option if I want to use bows.

So I'm deciding between just changing him to guntecher, or remake him as another class. Maybe human or newman. I'm not considering CASTs for now, since I want to keep the overall look of my current character.

Yeah, the CASTs have the ATA and ATP neccesary to use boys nicely. But, how do you compare humans, newmans and beast as guntechers?

Since in terms of ATA
    Newman > Human > Beast
    and in terms of ATP
    Beast > Human > Newman

Would a human make the second best option overall? Would beasts higher power make up for having to use lower rank bow due to their ATA? Would newmans ability to use higher ranked weapons (earlier) make up for the low ATP?

And that's my dilemma... what do you think?
    Any advice/input/whatever is appreciated.

O.o;

Well, you could use the forum search tool. . .

On what class would do the best http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?t...32934&forum=22

And a shorter topic on race/class bow blah blah blah http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?t...24694&forum=22

=P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shliggy on 2007-01-19 20:30 ]</font>

O.o;

Well, you could use the forum search tool. . .

On what class would do the best http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?t...32934&forum=22

And a shorter topic on race/class bow blah blah blah http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?t...24694&forum=22

=P
    Ah, but I did use the forum search =P
    The first one is a discussion of which job class is a better bow user. I want to know which kind of guntecher is the best bow user.

The second link, I didn't noticed it. but it's kinda like the first one with less posts. None of them were too useful to me.
    An darn it! I'm not intereted in boys! I want bows! (stupid typo)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guarionex on 2007-01-19 20:38 ]</font>

Which kind of Guntecher?

That's up for debate. It's preference man. I'm not going to explain which race does what well. . . You know what I'm going to say. Do you want ATP, ATA, or a balance of both?

I guess that's what I'm trying to decide >_<
    I think my real dilemma is this, if I pick newman, I'll have more ATA. That wat I can do more damage sooner since I can use better bows sooner. If I go beast, it'll take a bit longer to use better bows, but they'll still do good damage with the lower ones.
    And human, well, they are the balanced ones, right?

So in the end.. it's still a matter of preference... darn it! Why do I always make questions I know the answer to begin with!?

Because nobody is truly "sure."

I say newman because they look cooler but. . . Oh dear God I hate this answer but do what you wanna do.

A beast guntecher would be pretty unique. I'm not sure what the ATA reqs are on bows (I'm a cast guntecher so I don't need to worry about ATA), but make sure you can at least use Alterics soon. It would be ashame to not be able to use the potentially strongest bows. I didn't do very good research and now I'm at 66/10 and can only use 4* wands and probably won't make it to 5* at 70/10.

Bows have almost no need for ATA. So theoretically, the 2nd best Bow user would be Beasts. Also, you have to count other factors into it. Like for example, classes with higher HP are better for Bows because bows are slow and bulky, and you tend to leave yourself open while using them. Even more on the plus side for Beasts.

Problem is, a Beast is restricted mainly to Bows and Cards. Their twin accuracy, although it is reasonably, may not be enough as a "ranger".

EDIT: Keep in mind, you're a guntecher, by level 40 to 45, you can equip ALL Bows.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-01-19 21:40 ]</font>

I can't quite remember the last time I was hit by a monster while using bow in a party game.

Basically... ranger is still, ranger; no matter what ranged weapon you are using, you are often out of the way of harm anyway.

As for ATA, if you plan to go into the next rank with exact level requirement, you better get some ATA prepared. Other than that, bow ATA generally can cover up most of what you need.

Beast would be a pretty good choice for bow. Given you are excluding cast. However, other race would probably out damage your beast with higher grade weapon when you are the same level, as your ATA grow slower. Get a high grind B grade bow ASAP I guess (we all know which one that is). Ultimately, beast would be good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-01-19 23:09 ]</font>

Everyone is seeming to forget that TP affects bow damage also...
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!