Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

Well microsoft just asked me to update to Gold (I did not) so I guess it's been one month since I skipped over to the "fat white maggot that is draining my life away" (my husband's loving words for it). Iromic because most those games in my sig are junk he downloaded...but I digress.

One month on marked the departure of yet another of my old regular teammates to 360. Yep he went out and splashed out on a unit just to play PSU too.

Yet another is now back with his old account on JP. There are not many of my friends on PC/PS2 left.

This is not a flaming thread, cite your reasons and regrets here!

Why I quit for 360: My friend came into the IRC chan I frequent and informed me that ray photons were selling at 5000m and people were paying that. That mihgt seem astonishining low to some people now, but it was the first sign of the ruined economy. I went on PSU and shot off an emo note to my friends that I was quitting. I VERY MUCH DOUBT I really meant it, I just overreact and hell, overreacting on the internet does no damage in real life so I'm prone to it.

However I moaned a good while in my chan about how bad the situation was and how I really, really wish I'd started on 360 instead, and whether I could afford it, and whether it was worth restarting, and if I quit, would you quit too?

While I was asleep my best friend went out and bought a 360.

I bought a 360.

The perks of 360: I'll handle that in a bit so to start off I'll moan about 360 so the advocacy clowns do not jump on me all at once.

The downfalls of 360: The slowdown still bugs me. I had a very good PC setup and all my friends who quit say they do not see it, so eh. I also hate the mic, and having the JP edition I'm prone to pretending to be Japanese by greeting people with japanese text mixed with english, PURELY SO THEY DON'T TALK TO ME. I'm crippled re. Bruces. I just bought a headset as a result, something I wish I didn't have to do. Also I really miss the three friends I left on PC. They are people I have known for going on 2 years of this series. Yep and I still miss my PS2 joypad.

Is the game better?

Absolutely. The economy is sheer bliss. There aren't a bunch of noobs running around with end-game equips. It's challenging. On 360 a noob is a noob, not an overpowered idiot taking down mobs for huge damage. On 360 a noob does shit for damage, and can die in the stupidest scenarios. But I tolerate it for the class I wanted to play, a USEFUL support player, not somebody who was essentially useless in currently available areas cause all anybody cared about was DPS in situations underpowered for them. On 360 good players play mostly for support, not DPS. Support players are greatly valued, well balanced teams run like a dream, nobody scoffs at Wartechers et al for doing less damage on one mob, they welcome them. Nobody has a full arsenal of shitty % A ranks, on 360 I have seen maybe ONE OR TWO 9*s in open games so far. We are at a level that the game economy intended us to be at, and the game is not a cakewalk as a result. We still have a strong playerbase on 360 too, it has not dwindled in the month I joined, if anything if's got bigger. I've seen up to 3 unis full, usually 1 and 2 a full, 3 is half full at peak times.

The bugs? The glitches left in? I already wrote off my 450 on PC, I learned to play without it. I don't care about the board glitch... for now. It'll only have real damage on the economy when more S ranks come in. I really hope they fix it, but for now if you're part of the economy you should know that 99% of people use it, it's not damaging the economy as of now because people are STILL using B ranks.

I also LOVE the clothes glitch, and the current balance of hunter PAs. I'm not even a hunter before you ask, I'm a ranger. I love the damage hunters get. If the 360 is never patched for the tweaks to hunter PAs, just as it was never patched for other bugs, I'll rejoice. I'll admit MS do not service PS games as well as they did on other platforms, but if I have to be stuck in a game I already love with less content, I take heart in the fact MS are also FAR less likely to shut a dying game down - GC/DC PSO is about to be canned, but the X-box ver lives on in its eternal christmas glory.

In short I have some regrets, but I'm really glad I jumped ship.

Please do not flame in this thread! This is for players who quit to reflect on PC/PS2 maturely, not for advocacy flame wars.

To close: I hate Microsoft. It IS a big fat maggot sucking my life away. But I love PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2007-01-20 14:28 ]</font>

Meseta's worthless now, I have two maxed chars...
    Trading item's is where it's at.

I love PSU too, but not enough to give up my PC for a 360,

*Swings large blades*

Wow... I think you just covered ALL the advantages and disadvantages for both platforms right there...

Dragon King

360 sucks balls, and Blue Dragon looks hella kiddy.

*Swings large blades*

On 2007-01-20 14:37, Gojin wrote:
    Now, y'see, the OP has just said that this ISN'T a flame topic (and there shouldn't be any anyway), and what you just said there is blatantly trolling and flaming...

Dragon King

On 2007-01-20 14:41, Thrash777 wrote:
    On 2007-01-20 14:37, Gojin wrote:
    Now, y'see, the OP has just said that this ISN'T a flame topic (and there shouldn't be any anyway), and what you just said there is blatantly trolling and flaming...
    he/she or whatever it is, always flames and trolls on other people's topics so Im returning the favor.

On 2007-01-20 14:29, Gazette wrote:
    I love PSU too, but not enough to give up my PC for a 360,
    Same!~

Especially just because the economy is overpricing things. I would just farm the items I want instead of searching through shops.

I guess I don't belong here since I started out on the Xbox anyhow. But the part about using B-rank weapons still, I'm 65 and I have 6 B-rank weapons and 6 A-rank weapons...2 of those are 8* the other 4 are 7*.

Reasons for when I do: economy, linked servers, less slow-down than on my current PC, (voice chat).

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

On 2007-01-20 14:48, Tycho wrote:
    Reasons for when I do: economy, linked servers, less slow-down than on my current PC, (voice chat).
    I forgot that... the linked servers. It has the global atmosphere of PSO. On PSO if I got sick of western players' bullshit, I would jump to JP ships. If I got sick of JP players' bullshit (OH GOD WERE SOME OF EM INSUFFERABLE NERDS) I'd jump back.

Oh but I'm being a dick here and only saying I would play with one culture to avoid the others' bullshit. But barring friends on each of the servers that's sadly true.