Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sticking around on the PC version right now for a friend. . .but I don't know how long my will to resist moving on will last. If so my reason for leaving would surely be because it is a dying platform ~ people keep leaving.

I'm not leaving the PC/PS2 side for anything. My friends who left went back to WoW and FFXI. They didn't jump to the 360. I guess I don't have much to add other than that? I love PSU and my friends are staying on the PC side, so that is where I will be. The problems with consoles are gone on my PC so that is just a plus.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-01-20 16:52 ]</font>

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

the economy is far from a good enough reason for me to switch. I have enough friends that we trade stuff. I get photons to make weapons and such, so no one has to spend on the ridiculous prices, and the good items all get traded between people as opposed to sold. You won't find a crea double in store, because anyone with one either uses it, or trades it for another rare item.

THE JACKEL

#1 XBOX 360 TA MAG TEAM WildArms2's Avatar

I Switched over to the 360 version 2 days ago and it it is bliss, great economy, less slowdown added specials effects, voice chat, and more players.

LV 20 here!!!

Goes back to play PSU on 360...

yah if you got to 360 you lose pc problem but gain 360 problems. if you go to pc you lose 360 problems but gain pc problems. Personally having money makes it more like PSO IMHO while in 360 its more like a normal MMORPG (MMOARPG? Massively multiplayer ONline Action Role Playing Game?)

On 2007-01-20 14:29, Gazette wrote:
    Meseta's worthless now, I have two maxed chars...
    Trading item's is where it's at.

I love PSU too, but not enough to give up my PC for a 360,
    The difference is, the economy is so integral to everything in the JP version. You can't get by without being a part of it and it makes buying and selling what you want really simple. It also adds certain quirks to things in games.

For example, armor holds its value like almost nothing else in the game. You never really lose more than say... 5% price on NPC bought armor. And it will be gone within a couple days. If you really want it to mov efast, you can put it up for like a 10% discount and have it gone in a day.

People also start their own markets and niches in the economy since truthfully, you don't have to synth if you don't want to. And you can still get elemental weapons for the price of store bought green weapons or even less.

In the US version I'm almost appauled some time at just how easy it is to get money. I had to work my butt off to get my A-rank weapons. If two 8 stars didn't drop for me in Agata Relics S, I probably wouldn't have had many of my A-ranks. In the time I make ~100k in the JP version, I can easily get a few mil on the US version. Its just silly. The inflation also makes it so you are forced to synth for yourself, or synth within your group of friends.

On 2007-01-20 16:51, Garnet_Moon wrote:
    I'm not leaving the PC/PS2 side for anything. My friends who left went back to WoW and FFXI. They didn't jump to the 360. I guess I don't have much to add other than that? I love PSU and my friends are staying on the PC side, so that is where I will be. The problems with consoles are gone on my PC so that is just a plus.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-01-20 16:52 ]</font>
    Same here though any friend of mine that quit WoW will NEVER go back to it lol. XD I still play FFXI personally and you can attribute that game to a decent % of my idling time on PSU. If we had something like linkchat on PSU I probably wouldn't idle as much. Though I'm sure people were wondering why a high lvl character was in C rank rainbow beast for 4 1/2 hours when I felt the need to go HNM hunting in FFXI... >.>

Funny thing is, I quit PSu PS2 early on because of graphics only. I am a graphics ho', and the ps2 version was not cutting it for me. Perhaps I was used to playing much prettier ps2 games in progressive scan...anyhoo,

I got a 360 as an early xmas present. I was prepared to be disappointed by other 360 games but I am pleasantly suprised by how much I like DOA4, Viva Pinata, Kameo and geometry wars, plus I am all stoked for Mass Effect and Infinite Undiscovery. Not to mention, PSU looks amazing in high def. So I quit ps2 for the 360 eye candy, and now I can enjoy a hack free game too (I hate voice chat though)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seira7 on 2007-01-20 17:48 ]</font>

I like my winamp + video viewing options while playing PSU and watching flame threads n "anime related pic viewing" while playing.

That and I like using keyboard

and 1 feature Xbox360 lacks is...
    ease of recordability + panty screenshotting!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gulkeeva on 2007-01-20 17:35 ]</font>

On 2007-01-20 17:35, Gulkeeva wrote:
    and 1 feature Xbox360 lacks is...
    ease of recordability + panty screenshotting!
    The 360 also lacks me. That alone is insta-fail.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.