Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Not if I der AlFæder appear on it. Then it will ascend

Professional Jacka$$

I just couldn't be bothered to buy an xbox 360. The economy is what it is. While it is like playing on easy mode, once you get rolling financially, but w/e. I play with my friends, and we have good times. mmo's are only as good as the friends you play with.

*Flames Shimarisu* - It's a nasty flame, and it really hurts your feelings. Fill in the details as appropriate.

Anyhow, I haven't quite switched over yet - but I've been spending far more time with the 360 demo than the actual PS2 game for a few reasons....

1. The slowdown doesn't bother me, and although it's there it's nowhere near as bad as the PS2 version - but I HATE waiting on weapons to load up. It is INCREADIBLY annoying to stand around for 5-8 seconds absolutely worthless while hoping that Resta loads in time so that I can cast it. I haven't run across that issue on the 360 yet.

2. Voice chat can be annoying, but at least it solves the problem of having word-bubbles cover the HP bars obscuring your view of who needs healed. It's also much nicer for doling out strategies and other time critical communications while in the heat of combat. Or at least, if nothing else, it keeps the party moving instead of having to take "chat breaks".

3. At least on the demo - the first five universes are full at peak hours. While 1 full Universe provides plenty of people to play with - I like mixing it up with the larger crowds.

4. Graphics, obviously, are much better... as is the frame rate most of the time. Maybe I'm a bit of a graphics whore too - but little things like the stupid "grain filter" which covers the screen when you go to First Person View Mode on the PS2 really bother me. Also, the graphics are very, very, dark on the PS2 for some reason, and I have trouble viewing details on (for example) the cave walls in Parum Mad Creatures. It all looks black to me - but I can see them clearly and vibrantly on the X360 using the stock Component Cables. (PS2 has Monster brand Component Cables)

5. I like the extra features of Xbox Live, such as access to my friend's list, music player, ect.

I like my winamp + video viewing options while playing PSU and watching flame threads n "anime related pic viewing" while playing.
    I've already got that covered, at least on my setup. My Component to VGA adapter is an external model, and can provide Picture in Picture display over my PC desktop so that I have direct access to all my PC's functions while still being able to play games on my consoles.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

#1 reason to switch to the 360:

L
    E
    G
    I
    T

hackfree fun, legitness

u see sumone w/ a uber-cool weapon, u can say 'a-diggady-dammm, congrats' since its NOT easy to come acoss to
    ID: Haseyo FO
    Character: Roll Caskett | Ship: 02
    Character: Hsien-Ko | Ship: 02

"Is the game better?

Absolutely."

I think this is where you may invite flames,

but even with all the problems pc/ps2 has, I still play it because I don't play it caring what other people have. I play it for my friends on there.

Parts Unknown

great post -Shimarisu-

Resident loon
    So far outside the box I wrapped back around.

Stopped playing after the first rash of S rank hacks being released myself. Probably won't renew or bother going to the 360 though due to lack of funds and SEGA's lack of giving a damn about PSU. Well unless you're wearing glitched clothing, so earth shattering that. [/sarcasm]

PSU became in 3 months what at least took PSO a year+ to accomplish. A total hacked to hell and back joke. It's not worth sticking around to work my butt off and be proud and poor. And then 2 months from now have myself lou'ed or maya'ed. Better to just quit while I'm ahead.

Old Man

Hey Shim,

I've played every platform and xbox 360 is the cleanest thus far.

Trying to make enough meseta to buy anything worthwhile is unbelievably difficult right now - whatever - I have a hard time amassing enough meseta to get anything.

I'll run with you shim anytime. Look up CABER on 360 and send a shoutout.

On 2007-01-20 14:26, -Shimarisu- wrote:
    Well microsoft just asked me to update to Gold (I did not) so I guess it's been one month since I skipped over to the "fat white maggot that is draining my life away"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2007-01-20 14:28 ]</font>
    LMAO!! That is awesome!

On 2006-12-16 01:12, Fleur-de-Lis wrote:
    On that note, does anyone think a system of trade would help stave off problems associated with an economy flooded with Meseta?
    Yeah, it turns out it does.

As for the original post, I fled to JP for what I perceived to be added legitimacy, particularly in the economy. Decent elemental weapons for less than the price of the same neutral weapons from the NPC Vendors is damn right. Not to mention the team mentality and civility that sets the JP players apart from the average Universe 1-2 experience.

In regards to Microsoft®©™, I'm with Shimarisu. I've not spent money on anything MS since 1999, and I don't plan on doing it ever again, even if the 360 is the best thing they've ever done.