Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A moment of your time please,

When I started out I was adamant that elemental weaponry was the way to go to be an effective Hunter and, to an extent, I still subscribe to that school of thought. Yet, when I became a Fighgunner and sought to upgrade my equipment to A rank I noticed the huge jump in price for each weapon.

With A rank weapons being so expensive I’ve decided to forgo elemental melee weapons for neutral ones, while relying on my range weapons for the elemental bonuses. To date this has worked fine; all my bullets are either maxed or well on their way and while my melee weapons don’t excel against anything, I don’t have to worry about doing half damage to anything either. The same goes for my armour; experienced players are well aware of the hazards of elemental armour on certain planets.

My problem is that I can no longer find neutral photon A rank armour and weapons in the player shops. This is only confounded by the fact that my PM; a 430, is 36 range and 64 strike. Those stats were fine for the lowly C and B rank stuff but I have only a 50/50 chance of making an elemental Hanzo and more often than not, the synthesis fails.

Now that I want to buy a full range of 9 star weapons and armour (Buccaneer, Caliburn, Heavy Twins and Gigush Line respectively) I find I’m only faced with “dark” this and “fire” that etc. I’m sitting on almost seven hundred thousand meseta and it’s burning a hole in my common box.

So my plea to all the players who synthesise the high rank equipment is this: Please consider the players who value non element gear as I’m certain I’m not alone in my tastes. It just costs far too much for me to buy the same weapon in different elements so going neutral is a utilitarian way of going about things for those who aren’t swimming in meseta and/or have a pure PM.

Thank you.

GR,

check your pm's.

Good luck finding anything high level and non-elemental in a player shop. Most Hunters don't even think anything below 20% elemental is worth buying. Because of this, even fewer people are going to put non-elementals on the market because they just won't sell in this elitist, inflated player economy. I don't understand it either, but, I also don't see it changing anytime soon.

Not sure if your plea will be heard here, however...

A much better solution would to ask a very trusted friend to make this non-photon item for you. If I had a melee pm, my terms would be you supply the materials and 38% of the board cost then you get whatever the end product comes out.

I hear what you're saying, Nani-chan. At this rate I'm going to buy the board/materials and ask a mate to synth them on their pure strike PM. Yet armour is a different animal; the resources required for them are crazy.

Actually, I'm surprised that more players don't make neutral armour considering the chances of success.

I just crafted an Ank Tomho for my friend. Unfortunately my PM's stiking is only 50 or something right now. Had to get throught with a 50/50 chance. >> But hey, at least it's still somewhat decent...
    Gamertag: inf3rn0 Lan
    Lan Katana│Male│Newman│Lv150│fT 20
    Malsa Powers│Female│Newman│Lv150│AT 20
    PSO2β: マルサ・パワーズ|Force lv17

Knight of the Azure Sky

Actually, I'm surprised that more players don't make neutral armour considering the chances of success.
    To my surprise, I saw a neutral Crimson Line for sale at a player shop (which I immediately bought... you'd lol if you heard the price, but I'm not complaining. ) a couple weeks ago. I made a neutral Phantom Line at one point as well which I plan on putting up for sale at some other point. But yeah, there are some out there who do this, but could be different on your server.

I have a Gigushline board on my 100 Armor P.M. I'm looking at 412.5k if I synthed it with NPC mats. Who in their right mind would purchase a neutral Gigushline from me considering they could pick a Sori-senba straight up for 360k? You need to understand that the only way I can differentiate my product from the NPC is to craft them with a variety of elements. If I went neutral then I'd be looking at an arbitrary price ceiling, which quite frankly would mean selling at a loss.

Also I don't think you understand how awesome element is, for example a 20% Elemental 7* Weapon is on par with a 9* Non-elemental Weapon anything above that 20% is just icing on the cake. Certainly you'd need to acquire a variety of 7*s, but in the end you'd be spending less on average than you would simply purchasing the 9* neutral's outright. The added benefit is that you'd have way more weapons. meaning you'd have alot more PP to use to fuel your PAs.

BTW, I'm not simply talking out of my ass, as I'm speaking from experience, I spent alot of time outfitting my Fighgunner with 20%+ 7*s but in the end it was well worth it.

Old Man

On 2007-01-21 19:35, Dymalos wrote:
    Also I don't think you understand how awesome element is, for example a 20% Elemental 7* Weapon is on par with a 9* Non-elemental Weapon anything above that 20% is just icing on the cake. Certainly you'd need to acquire a variety of 7*s, but in the end you'd be spending less on average than you would simply purchasing the 9* neutral's outright. The added benefit is that you'd have way more weapons. meaning you'd have alot more PP to use to fuel your PAs.

BTW, I'm not simply talking out of my ass, as I'm speaking from experience, I spent alot of time outfitting my Fighgunner with 20%+ 7*s but in the end it was well worth it.
    I've got a 100 ranged pm and a good (80+ striking) pm. My armor pm is only at 6 and rising VERY SLOWLY (goddamn - how many sunflowers does it take to raise one of these biatches?). I want some decent armor and 360k for a good armor is EXCRUCIATINg!!! So, even though we haven't really hooked up yet, check in with me and maybe I can do some business with you.

I'm trying to finish off the last of my Cubos now (should i use the glitch for synthing.....hmmm......6 vestalines + 40+ hours of farming HELL YES I will) and then I can start working on my next 260k or so so I can buy a decent fucking armor. Hell, I can trade Svaltus Edge or a bunch of other synth stuff but nobody buys it, so wtf, Mootaab and Agata Relics until I drop for that damn Ragol armor.