Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    xbox 360 PSU ftw.

neutral armors don't really mke sense, is all. Don't get me wrong, some armors are riskier than others, but the only way for ForteFighters, and Figunners to survive things like S rank barta, dambarta, damfoie, Megids, etc is to pick up a nice elemental armor.

And oh do they Linear Line and Agata Relics more enoyable

Neutral weapons are even worse. Because the element not only affects weapon ATP, it also effects your own personal ATP. 10% ice may yield 100 points more damage (*coff* axe *coff*)

The higher the ATP of the race/class the more important element is.

You'd have to be mentally defective to wear a neutral-element armor, once you know the facts of how much % MEANS in terms of combat. Elemental weapons are nice, but the fact is that with neutral weapons you can afford more and just attack more to kill them.

Elemental armor means the difference between dying and laughing.

I typically only wear Ageha-Senbas and Rabol Weldas (4* armor) because they're easy and cheap to synth, have reasonable slot selection, and because elements MATTER.

Some examples from today:

Without proper elemental protection (I forgot to switch from my 30% fire actually <_<) a spinning champion bear one-hitted me in Bruce's. I know because I saw block block DEATH "You aren't taking this seriously are you?"

With a total of 34% Earth (26% armor and Rainbow/Wall) I took 200 per hit from the spin of a king bear, and 300 on a crit- sure, he ALMOST killed me before he knocked me away, but guess what? I lived, trimated, then came back, shoved a lightning Double Saber down his throat and got an S-rank in the mission.

While wearing 38% fire, I took 400 damage from a normal Gohmon lv 60 Barta.

With 30% ice, I took 120.

With 38% fire, I took only 40 from the damfoie breath of srank CHAMPION Vandas, you know, the ones with the little sword? I was standing in the middle of the big packs on B2 VoC, carelessly spamming Gravity Dance with my luvverly 50 ice double saber, and I had plenty of time to reach for mates because I knew they couldn't hurt me.

And this is with 4* ARMOR, I reiterate. I know friends who ignore the elements and get mauled, whereas I have made an art of switching between armors on the fly (helpful hint: When it says "armor equipped" you can hit the Start button and exit the sub-screen entirely) and laugh at enemy damage.

The only reason to have A-rank armor is if you pick up A-rank units. In that case, if you have them, pick up a storebought Sori-senba and be very careful about fire enemies - taking 11% more damage is no joke.

If you don't have those units, why want the A-rank armor at all? <_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-01-22 02:29 ]</font>

not everyone has the means to aquire several armors of various elements. most people dont feel like switching either. neutral armors are a cheap and easy solution.

On 2007-01-21 19:25, Dymalos wrote:
    I have a Gigushline board on my 100 Armor P.M. I'm looking at 412.5k if I synthed it with NPC mats. Who in their right mind would purchase a neutral Gigushline from me considering they could pick a Sori-senba straight up for 360k? You need to understand that the only way I can differentiate my product from the NPC is to craft them with a variety of elements. If I went neutral then I'd be looking at an arbitrary price ceiling, which quite frankly would mean selling at a loss.
    If you’re going to synthesise a Gigush Line the type of photon you use has no effect on the cost to make it, only the perceived value of the armour once it is made. I only wish to state that there is an interest in neutral armour, and if reasonably priced, a market for it like any other item.

Personally, I prefer GRM brand armour (as I do their weapons) for their balance of defence, evasion and mental strength combined with their common extra slot trait. The Sori-senba has excellent defence but is inferior to the Gigush Line in the other two fields, which I’d rather have my armour excel at.

On 2007-01-21 19:35, Dymalos wrote:
    Also I don't think you understand how awesome element is, for example a 20% Elemental 7* Weapon is on par with a 9* Non-elemental Weapon anything above that 20% is just icing on the cake. Certainly you'd need to acquire a variety of 7*s, but in the end you'd be spending less on average than you would simply purchasing the 9* neutral's outright. The added benefit is that you'd have way more weapons. meaning you'd have alot more PP to use to fuel your PAs.

BTW, I'm not simply talking out of my ass, as I'm speaking from experience, I spent alot of time outfitting my Fighgunner with 20%+ 7*s but in the end it was well worth it.
    I am aware of the benefits of elemental weapons, as I stated in my opening post. I also mentioned that the cost to maintain the purchase of up to six different types of the same weapon just wasn’t possible for me with the huge rise in prices once A rank weapons became available.

And besides by your logic; if going from a neutral Jitseen to a neutral Buccaneer is the equivalent of owning a “variety” (I’m assuming 6 since that would cover all the elements) of 20% + Jitseens then I’m being cost effective, right?

On 2007-01-22 02:27, imfanboy wrote:
    You'd have to be mentally defective to wear a neutral-element armor, once you know the facts of how much % MEANS in terms of combat. Elemental weapons are nice, but the fact is that with neutral weapons you can afford more and just attack more to kill them.

Elemental armor means the difference between dying and laughing.
    Deciding to adopt a single armour that gives me equal protection across the field no matter what situation I encounter is hardly “mentally defective” (how crass). On the contrary; I think it’s a sensible tactic for someone who doesn’t value an advantage in one scenario to the detriment of another.

I typically only wear Ageha-Senbas and Rabol Weldas (4* armor) because they're easy and cheap to synth, have reasonable slot selection, and because elements MATTER.
    Owning multiple pairs of low level elemental armour is one strategy, but I find that cumbersome and ineffective against more powerful creatures that don’t rely on TECHNICS. For the record; I use a Midiline and I’ve had no complaints with it till I felt the need to upgrade because of my level.

The only reason to have A-rank armor is if you pick up A-rank units. In that case, if you have them, pick up a storebought Sori-senba and be very careful about fire enemies - taking 11% more damage is no joke.

If you don't have those units, why want the A-rank armor at all? <_<
    I desire A rank armour because, like many others; it’s the next step up in equipment and effectiveness. I’ll adopt it under the notion that I’ll either find an A rank unit or purchase one once they become available/affordable. To me, an A rank armour is more than worthy of obtaining on its stats alone. Indeed, I would have bought the Solid Line if I hadn’t discovered the Gigush and Crimson Lines.

At the end of the day it’s about choice and to some extent, taste.

On 2007-01-22 07:17, Grand_Rider wrote:
    I have a Gigushline board on my 100 Armor P.M. I'm looking at 412.5k if I synthed it with NPC mats. Who in their right mind would purchase a neutral Gigushline from me considering they could pick a Sori-senba straight up for 360k? You need to understand that the only way I can differentiate my product from the NPC is to craft them with a variety of elements. If I went neutral then I'd be looking at an arbitrary price ceiling, which quite frankly would mean selling at a loss.
    If you’re going to synthesise a Gigush Line the type of photon you use has no effect on the cost to make it, only the perceived value of the armour once it is made. I only wish to state that there is an interest in neutral armour, and if reasonably priced, a market for it like any other item.

Personally, I prefer GRM brand armour (as I do their weapons) for their balance of defence, evasion and mental strength combined with their common extra slot trait. The Sori-senba has excellent defence but is inferior to the Gigush Line in the other two fields, which I’d rather have my armour excel at.
    Alright, well since you didn't grasp what I was getting at, I will be more blunt about it. There would be absolutely no reasonable way for me to place a fair price on neutral Shield Lines and still make a profit. The reason behind this is simple, the NPCs have a price on neutral shield lines which is much lower than my cost to create it.

In either case, despite the fact that I have a 100 Armor P.M., I pretty much wear store bought line shields exclusively. For what you'd pay for a neutral 7* or 8* Shield line you can buy yourself multiple 6* shield lines which have a halfway decent element. Teroline for example, at 25% means that I take HALF damage from Vahra's, Palavohras, Volfus, Mizura, and the Parum Robots and it only set me back 95k. Te-senba does the same thing for me in Agata Relics, and Rabol Tero fills this role for me in Linear Line. If you don't believe these results you're welcome to partner with me and see for yourself.

When it comes down to it, I would take 20%+ Element on my Shield Lines over straight stats every single time. For someone who claims to have 700,000 you are being way too spend thrifty, considering the kind of improvements you could see if you spent a bit.

On 2007-01-22 07:17, Grand_Rider wrote:
    Also I don't think you understand how awesome element is, for example a 20% Elemental 7* Weapon is on par with a 9* Non-elemental Weapon anything above that 20% is just icing on the cake. Certainly you'd need to acquire a variety of 7*s, but in the end you'd be spending less on average than you would simply purchasing the 9* neutral's outright. The added benefit is that you'd have way more weapons. meaning you'd have alot more PP to use to fuel your PAs.

BTW, I'm not simply talking out of my ass, as I'm speaking from experience, I spent alot of time outfitting my Fighgunner with 20%+ 7*s but in the end it was well worth it.
    I am aware of the benefits of elemental weapons, as I stated in my opening post. I also mentioned that the cost to maintain the purchase of up to six different types of the same weapon just wasn’t possible for me with the huge rise in prices once A rank weapons became available.

And besides by your logic; if going from a neutral Jitseen to a neutral Buccaneer is the equivalent of owning a “variety” (I’m assuming 6 since that would cover all the elements) of 20% + Jitseens then I’m being cost effective, right?
    Certainly, but then you'd ignore the benefit of having higher than 20%, not to mention the benefit of having tons of weapons to spam P.A.s with.

If I were in your position I would make a 100 Strike P.M. and buy/acquire 7* patterns and synth up element Weapons and cancel out anything under 20%. I'm almost certain that you're probably sitting on a large amount of Kerseline, or at the very least you could easily acquire a decent amount. Par and Neu Ebons can easily be farmed by beginning either Mad Beasts S or Mizuraki Defense S and looting the first few boxes and then simply abandoning the mission. And if you've been doing Agata Relics S you're probably sitting on a large pile of Stelnium and Slaterian.

Again, I'm speaking from experience because I've done exactly the same thing and I only have a 90 Strike P.M. and while the rate for acquiring the 20%+ weapons is bad, the mats are so readily available that it is not difficult to end up with them. Not only that, but you also end up with some really nice 30's 40's and maybe even some 50's.

I'd actually suggest hitting the 6*'s for melee synthing right now.

You get FAR more swords out of the photons invested, way more attempts to get a high element value, and the large number of "junk" weapons you can haul to the grind desk and with some luck get a few to A-rank performance at a fraction of the price.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan