Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HP 1/999 Please...don't touch me.

I?ve actually seen it posted that RPGs aren?t what they used to be...does anyone agree with that?

all I know is that I'm still waiting for something that's better than chrono trigger

yea i did quite like the old games....i loved the old final fantasy games....those were the good old days

I like Dragon Warrior the most.

I'd say it's about 50/50. Some of the old games are better, but some of the news games can tope the old ones. PSO is the best RPG in my opinion.

like ness said, it IS about 50/50. i thought that final fantasy x had an original storyline, thus making it one of my fav rpg's. though these days, games are getting recycled eg. stories.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SorceressofTime on 2002-12-01 07:07 ]</font>

What you call my momma?

On 2002-12-01 06:33, Ness wrote:
    I'd say it's about 50/50. Some of the old games are better, but some of the news games can tope the old ones. PSO is the best RPG in my opinion.
    PSO is an RPG??

*swoons*

Post Farmer (minus the S)

I really liked EarthBound for some reason.

They sure don't make RPGs like they used to...

Looking back, the first RPG I ever was compelled enough to beat was Final Fantasy II on SNES (a.k.a. Final Fantasy IV), and from then on, Squaresoft has been one of my favorite developers. I had played Final Fantasy VI (III on SNES) but I didn't like it as much as IV. When I first got my PlayStation, the first game I ever got for it was Final Fantasy VII, which, in my opinion, still holds the record for best RPG ever (Chrono Trigger is up there too).

From then on, RPGs (and mostly games in general) when downhill as far as quality and originality, not to mention difficulty. Indeed, Square has been going soft on us (excuse the pun), along with a slew of other RPG developers. They're just too easy nowadays! I beat Final Fantasy VIII and IX in under 40 hours, X in about 50, and Kingdom Hearts in about 45 (after getting all the extra stuff, too!).

I wish they'd come along with a hard RPG, preferrably a long one at that. But we'll just have to wait and see...

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

You Need The D? Then You Need Me! Vitamin_D's Avatar

On 2002-11-30 23:36, Atwight014 wrote:
    all I know is that I'm still waiting for something that's better than chrono trigger
    Amen to that.