Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

As cool as they are, it really seems like SUVs aren't worth it at all.

In a typical run I'll get to use it 2-4 times, and since I use the grom buster, theres always the chance that I'll miss due to lagaporting enemies, teammates spamming knockback, or simple bad aim.

When I'm soloing, its even worse.

Oh sure, I get to use the SUV more often, but oh my sweet baby jesus do I get hammered. I can't ALWAYS find a nice vantage point to snipe from, and when I'm exposed, I get spanked. And not like softcore spanking, but vicious, savage, never-be-able-to-walk-again spanking. Traumatized-for-life spanking.
    Japanese-adult-video spanking.

Not that I would know <_<.

Annnyways...

It seems to me that since trying to match a hunter type's damage is a futile endeavor (I'm a CAST Fortegunner), I may as well not even bother. An Extra slot unit that regenerates my HP seems like it'd do a lot more to increase my survivability.

Thoughts? Recommendations on Extra slot units?

use sturm buster. you dont have to aim and it causes burn. it's better for rooms with tons of enemies. the total damage once burn is done is huge. it is terrible on bosses though. i dont think regen should be necessary for a ranger type class. you ought to be safer than the hunters and if you find yourself getting hit alot just fight near a force.

The healing extra slot item on regenerates 1% of your overall HP every 4 seconds i think, im lvl 54, and mine only does +12, wouldn't call it much of a life saver or a must have, i just have it cause well, it's there, and well when im afk my health goes up.

As for SUV's i wouldn't know my cast is still lvl 16, although the whole aiming thing i've seen loads of casts allways miss it would be ok if you coul aim them, but overall i think they are worth it even if they last fo rlike 5 seconds. Some of them deal good dmg i have seen.

Personally, as a protranser. I think SUV's are lame. My biggest gripe with them, removing buffs. My SUV always happens to come up when I have just been buffed or whatever. Really pisses me off and I hate losing those buffs. So, I'm pooling my efforts in getting me a Black Heart. =)

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

The black heart is not really worth it, either in the meseta it takes to buy one (people are charging outrageous prices) or the time it takes to find one (which actually justifies said prices to some extent).

Professional Jacka$$

Dude, SUVs are awesome. Don't worry about comparing your damage to FFs. I'm not familiar with the actual names, but the machine gun and the grenade launcher SUVs really shake up the room. Machinegun SUV flinches everyone, and the grenades burn. You can't beat that.

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Just like with weapons looks>>function

Also, try playing a ForteFighter Cast, you'll appreciate the ranged damage when you Sh*tcan a Tengoh

The Legendary Booma Seducer

Don't diss the Grom, it has it's uses and I'm still using it long after people have upgraded to other SUVs. The trick is to know when to carry/use it, it's brutal for bosses and the worms on Nuadiz.

If you've got an area full of worms make sure your party bunches up, as soon as you enter they will go underground and race towards you which is when you fire, they will pop up right in front of you taking the full hit and because they are anchored to the ground they won't fly backwards and you will either kill them outright or take 90%+ of their health.

what I do is build up the suv bar then switch out to the regen unit. When its time to use the suv, switch it.

I use Hegel, Hegel Hegel Hegel Hegel Hegel!!! No need for those fancy models, rotating vulcans is all you need! Though, if I'm on parum, I detach the SUV so I can put on some 50% lightning Stellaline. No Extra slot but taking 60/70 damage a hit beats 150 anytime.