Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Mormegil

Really don't understand the amount of love the grom gets when the rafle is better imo. While a pair of gaint bore lasers is better against bosses, against normal things, you'd rather use the rafle because of its much longer range, making it much easier to get all 10 hits in on a mob. Plus, zalure beats a very short duration shock any day.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2007-02-05 06:38 ]</font>

I believe Rafal and Grom Buster's attack range and area are equal. It's not quite as obvious with Rafal since you don't actually see the bullets versus the spread laser beams.

I've taken a liking to Blitz Buster myself lately. The paralysis (true paralysis, not just shock) effect seems to vary, but it usually lasts long enough for hunters to swoop in and take full advantage.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

SUV's more useful than most extra units. I think if the choice was between awesome armor with no extra slot and worse stuff with an extra slot to use SUV... hmm, toss-up.

I stopped using Hegel and Rafal generally when debuffs came out, and as a Protranser I don't really care for Sturm since burninating stuff is my day job. They're good units when soloing or if your job doesn't throw SE's around a lot.

Most of the time I've got Blitz equipped, the sweep + status effect can be useful support for the team, especially against masses of big monsters like Jarbas and Bils. For straight-up damage, regularly I use Grom... but I'll switch to Meteor for busting up stuff that takes half damage from range.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Anubis-lvl68-cast-Fighgunner/Wartecher

i used to have the sturm buster and i kinda liked it. i just didnt like the fact i couldnt use it whenever i wanted to so i tossed it and got a me/hp restore unit and it may not do that mush at a time but it really makes a difference imo specialy since i feed my PM healths so i save a lot of thouse too

I wholeheartedly agree with zanotam...carry both the Grom and the Sturm Buster around and switch them out depending on the situation. I've been doing that since the Sturm Buster came out, and it hasn't failed me once. You definitely have to know when to use them though.

I can also understand the resentment of the SUV because it get's rid of the buff's you may have on. Sure, it sucks when I'm soloing and I forget I just used an Agtaride, but it removes ANY status effect. It definitely comes in handy when I'm about to die from burn and it removes that and gives me a chance to heal. And, as NisukeReach said, it has the effect of making you immune the instant it's activated. I can't tell you how many times that has saved my ass in Lab Recovery S. So while it may seem kind of costly, I would definitely suggest that you pick up an SUV, if not more than one.

none of the other extra slot items are any better. When you're doing an S rank mission, like the HIVE, taking 600 damage a hit, 18 hp every few seconds doesn't really help. SUVs are by far the best extra slot items for usefulness

THE JACKEL

im not sure about SUV's yet im only on lvl 7 so i have a long waaaaay to gooo htis mightnt be the place but what is the best mission to do to lvl up very quickly

slayliving of tekkenzaibatsu

i use sturm on groups and rafal on big enemies that have been cornered. suvs are the best extra slot items, hands down.

Yeah, I carry two as well. The Strum Buster is like the Smart Bomb type weapon, with everything blowing up around you.

And the Grom Buster is a powerful laser that you have to carefully aim, but does do good damage.

And the one with the Giant Fists is called Meteror Buster; It's goofy looking, and I don't use it.

Hopeless Video Game Addict

SUVs are definately useful if you aim right and your team knows not to start knocking stuff around when they hear the sound. I mean Sturm burns better than anything and does decent damage as well, Grom and Hegel do tons of damage to bosses and large enemies and Blitz is very good on dangerous enemies like Jarbas. Some SUVs are about damage and some are about SEs, its definately a good idea to carry around several SUVs and switch for different situations.