Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

well at least we had a longer time of non-cheating then with the DC version

On 2002-12-03 20:35, Spy wrote:
    It's that cheapskate Vol Opt! Shoot out his monitors everyone, quick!
    .. Bzzt..

.. This unit is not a cheapskate.. This unit's monitors cost ten dollars apiece..

Rappy Hunter

It is not the quantity of bugs but rather the size of the bugs and how far it affects the game and the community.

Look at the dupe bug that Sonic Team let through. Now the Japanese and U.S. servers are separated and they have to release a ver1.1, which deletes your entire inventory regardless of whether you are legit or not. Look at the U.S. version, considered the "legit servers," but now even the new dupe bug on it is starting to get aorund.

Look at the PPPoE problem, another reason why there will be a ver1.1. How many BB users have unfortunately suffered from this problem, which should never have been a problem to begin with?

It is size, not quantity.

On 2002-12-04 08:23, Vol_Opt wrote:

.. Bzzt..

.. This unit is not a cheapskate..
    T_T !!! You never drop anything for me except monomates!

Vampire Shepherd
    Texas...I don't have an accent, I don't rope cattel, and I don't say

On 2002-12-04 08:51, BigDaddy wrote:
    It is not the quantity of bugs but rather the size of the bugs and how far it affects the game and the community.

Look at the dupe bug that Sonic Team let through. Now the Japanese and U.S. servers are separated and they have to release a ver1.1, which deletes your entire inventory regardless of whether you are legit or not. Look at the U.S. version, considered the "legit servers," but now even the new dupe bug on it is starting to get aorund.

Look at the PPPoE problem, another reason why there will be a ver1.1. How many BB users have unfortunately suffered from this problem, which should never have been a problem to begin with?

It is size, not quantity.
    I completely agree with you and this is what I was trying to say!!...even thought I presented it confunsingly...

On 2002-12-03 09:43, Vol_Opt wrote:

.. Statement is as threatening to cheaters as a plastic spoon is to a tank..
    I dunno, if I were in a tank, and someone threw a plastic spoon, specificaly plastic, I think I would sh!t myself.

Hehehe, j/k. I wouldn't know how big the problem is or not, because I can't get online, but, I know they can do alot more to prevent/fight what happens.

Relic Hunter

I sent an e-mail to Sonic Team adressing the cheating issues people have brought up about the GCN version of PSO. All they did was assure me that measures were being taken to prevent any cheating. Also, when I responded to that asking about the fact people think account banning was an empty threat and what they were going to do about it, they had told me that several accounts have already recieved temporary and permanent bans. All I gotta say is man permanent bans suck. I feel sorry for those who got banned for good.

Vampire Shepherd
    Texas...I don't have an accent, I don't rope cattel, and I don't say

Hehehe, j/k. I wouldn't know how big the problem is or not, because I can't get online, but, I know they can do alot more to prevent/fight what happens.
    They could do a LOT more to help us if they really wanted to...well not a LOT but more then they are doing now...I'm NOT TRYING to dis them but I'm just saying that they cuold help more.

Man Overboard

That's the thing. I'm willing to wager they're not doing "nothing"

Sonic Team probably has something up their sleeve, they're probably just waiting for the right time to implement it. They are charging a fee, which, assumedly, is to maintain a secure online environment. If people are breaking the rules set by the ToS, which would, in turn, affect other users, then Sonic Team would be playing a dangerous game by just turning the other cheek.

So i'm optimistic. To panic a wee bit after cheating has been discovered is jumping the gun a little bit.

Just my opinion

On 2002-12-08 04:33, SiliconX wrote:
    That's the thing. I'm willing to wager they're not doing "nothing"

Sonic Team probably has something up their sleeve, they're probably just waiting for the right time to implement it. They are charging a fee, which, assumedly, is to maintain a secure online environment. If people are breaking the rules set by the ToS, which would, in turn, affect other users, then Sonic Team would be playing a dangerous game by just turning the other cheek.

So i'm optimistic. To panic a wee bit after cheating has been discovered is jumping the gun a little bit.

Just my opinion
    This post inspired me to add something, as well. Anything that SonicTeam does costs money. Their simply working for Sega requires them to receive a salary, and anything up and above that will incur costs in time, materials, et cetera.

Now, while the gamers of course want the most luxurious experience possible, think about it, everyone... would you rather have SonicTeam jump at every tiny thing immediately -- potentially inspiring someone to yank their collective chain and keep them from spending so many resources in the future -- or wait until something big, like new PKing techniques, comes about?

I really do think people are blowing everything out of proportion. I still have perfectly enjoyable PSO gaming experiences. If you think something is duped, don't take it... if someone is rude, quit the game. No one is forcing you to "deal with it." And while some people say it's spoiling the game to see low-level characters using special weapons, I think that is laughable too. You can see it in plenty of screenshots right here on PSOW, and I don't see a lot of people frantically running away from this website, hollaring "Waaaah! PSOW ruined my experience! ::sob::". So...

Just calm down and find decent gamers to play with, people. Really.